Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where was Keith Peacock last Saturday? You never guess

Took a phone-call from a friend Sunday-evening after returning from Preston. He said: you never guess who I spoke to Saturday-afternoon! The 1st ever subsitute in the football league. Non other than mr. Keith Peacock. He thoroughly enjoyed Saturday afternoon, after the previous week celebrating Charlton's championship match against Wycombe. Whilst Charlton were playing Preston, mr. and mrs. Peacock were sitting in the Adelphi theatre at The Strand enjoying the matinee of Sweeney Todd.

Comments

• you're right..i would never have guessed.
  • I guessed right!
  • "Shut it!"

Sorry, wrong show.
  • I assumed you'd tell me so didn't bother to guess.
  • Should have said "You will never guess" or even "You'll never guess" maybe would have been acceptable.
    Although it could be argued that continued guessing by someone over a number of years would eventually have left them with the correct answer. So maybe the word "never " was misplaced.
  • Should have said "You will never guess" or even "You'll never guess" maybe would have been acceptable.
    Although it could be argued that continued guessing by someone over a number of years would eventually have left them with the correct answer. So maybe the word "never " was misplaced.
    i don't think so.
  • edited April 2012
    If a million monkeys posted a million comments each on the internet you could very well end up with the works of Shakespeare Charlton Life!
  • Oh man, my guess was Jersey Boys....
  • Stupid boy...
  • Stupid boy...
    I know I know, it was so obvious now
  • Sponsored links:

• 'You never guess' is in fact perfectly acceptable. It is a statement of fact that you (the reader) never bother to guess the answer to a question which has been posed. Lewis Coaches is admonishing readers for not guessing. I feel suitably chastised.
  • Oh man, my guess was Jersey Boys....
    Would the be the "number 12" Jersey Boys?

Sorry, I'll go now!

• I thought you was going to say having a meal at the oxo tower!
  • Only met him once. It was in The Churchill Theatre, Bromley so his theatre trips are old news to me.
  • Met him at Rotherham once back in the early seventies when we were easily beaten. That was more of a pantomime though.
  • Always struck me as a We Will Rock You sort of character.