Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2 choices, which would you go for...

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
1: We actually stayed up last season on goal difference, Bent moves on to Spurs anyway and we start this season in the premiership
but with a similar squad to last seasons.

2: We got relegated but go straight back up this season and start back in the premiership next season with our new look squad.

Comments

• Options
    2 for me!

we needed a wake up call & for Pard's to make his own squad

I would never have wanted Darren to go to Spurs whilst we were still in the Prem. Liverpool I could have accepted, but Spurs............no way pedro!
  • Options
    2 every day of the week.

I personally am grateful for a break from the Premiership
  • Options
    Academic Dan, if we had stayed up i think there would have been a fair few changes anyway, but in a way might have been harder to attract the right players for the position we would have been in

I'll settle for opition 2! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]2 every day of the week.

I personally am grateful for a break from the Premiership

My thoughts exactly, plus the thought of having to play Spurs with Darren in a white shirt is too depressing to consider.
    I'm praying we don't draw them in any cups this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Liverpool I could have accepted, but Spurs............no way pedro!

wierdly, that is the only team i could have accepted too, i'm not even sure why.
  • Options
    option 2 and we get a free season ticket, if it ever arrives !!!!!
  • Options
    Option 2 - gives us a realistic chance of actually winning a trophy
  • Options
    Option 1 every time. Think carefully people at the club have lost their jobs and those that have put money in have lost out too through relegation alone. Who actually wants to see the club suffer?
  • Options
    1 .for me premiership footy all the way... pards gets to mould the squad he wants with £50m rather than 5p......
    not as bothered by darren going to spurs as most are on here west ham would've hurt more cos not so long ago we were on a par with them
    problem with 2 is (it could be a reality) IF we go up we're going to struggle to stay up big time .....
  • Options
    Still a lot of IFs in number 2.

It could get a lot worse yet...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Liverpool I could have accepted, but Spurs............no way pedro!

wierdly, that is the only team i could have accepted too, i'm not even sure why.

if you're roughly the same age as me Smudge, as I think you are, we were dragged up on their quality football & still remember them for that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]Option 1 every time. Think carefully people at the club have lost their jobs and those that have put money in have lost out too through relegation alone. Who actually wants to see the club suffer?

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]

if you're roughly the same age as me Smudge, as I think you are, we were dragged up on their quality football & still remember them for that

Good theory.

Craig Johnston used to be my favourite player when i was a nipper, not sure why!
    Maybe it was the hair.
  • Options
    Option 1 by a country mile.

The more I think about us going down and being back amongst the "also rans" the more it gives me the hump.
  • Options
    Option 2...the last few years we have struggled to attract the right sort of player to the club and that meant taking chances on some players - Darren Bent worked out, but Marcus Bent and JFH didn't and even players like Andy Reid etc were gambles.

Provided we use this year well and bring some talented players through, after all it should be easier in the CCC than the Premiership then we could have the nucleus of a good squad. Hopefully one step back, to go two forward.
  • Options
    Neither.

I would go for staying in the Prem as we chose the wrong year to cock it up financially yet still clearing the dead wood out but replacing them with quality players (no disrespect to the ones we signed)

And also cos I need to cut my away games down and I would definitely have done that in the Prem but now there are much more local games/new grounds plus we will win a lot more so I will probably go more than ever.

When you see the likes of Fulham and Sunderland going away from us I personally find it gutting.

CCC is only good cos we will win a few more games and give Palace a good shoeing.
  • Options
    I agree southend,

we get to give Palace two good shoeings
  • Options
    1. We could still have cleared out all the players whose contracts were up and been able to buy better replacements but without making staff redundent or cutting back everywhere.
  • Options
    1. Others have given the reasons.
  • Options
    1. I dont think we'll truly see the cost of dropping out of the Prem until our triumphant return in a year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ideally option one is of course correct, but we spent too much time firefighting and signing short-term players to plug gaps rather than building a team. Look at the team that was promoted last time, it largely stayed together over the next three/four seasons with a few additions here and there and the odd departure or retirement. That team took us to fourth in the table at one point.

If we use this time wisely we can build a good young squad and then with promotion we can build around that, ie a team that evolves and can spend the riches at our disposal on one or two stars that strengthens the squad rather than panic buying in a lot of players in the hope that they gel.
  • Options
    The blonde with the long legs every time. :-)
  • Options
    2 for sure
  • Options
    My heart says 2, but the head quite rightly is saying 1.

The reality of going down will hit home if we are sitting in 10th or below after a dozen or so games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]The reality of going down will hit home if we are sitting in 10th or below after a dozen or so games.

Even if that is the case, i honestly still don't think i will be that bothered...that might come back to haunt me !
  • Options
    Personally, I wouldn't either. I think a hel of a lot of the support would though, don't want to get on a soap box but I'd still pay and go along if we were playing non-league but that's just me.