Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welcome to Charlton Life International

eelAddick's post has prompted me to introduce the new category.

Through this category we will help to bring together and form a network of overseas-based Addicks. Whether its just to chat with those in a similar situation to you, to helping plan trips and assistance with tickets etc for return trips.

Let us know where you are and how you you think we can expand this group.

Just because you're away from The Valley it doesn't mean you can't still be a part of being Charlton.

Comments

• Hey AFKA - where does Scotland fit in all this? We're not overseas, but we are away from The Valley...(cue Oggy posting same re Cornwall)
  • hopefully it will end up starting a little Scottish group Weegs.
  • As far as I know there's only me, Karen and a chap called Bruno who are Addicks fans in Portugal. If anyone knows anyone else, we would be delighted to get in touch.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]hopefully it will end up starting a little Scottish group Weegs.

Ooh, so I can be part of this then. That's good. I know one other Charlton fan in Scotland besides Mr Weegie, though he's not on CL, but I've occasionally heard of a few more. Whatever happened to Oracle who used to be on here?
  • Am I the only German Addick?
  • edited July 2007
    What about North London.....well its overseas (thames)?
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]hopefully it will end up starting a little Scottish group Weegs.

Ooh, so I can be part of this then. That's good. I know one other Charlton fan in Scotland besides Mr Weegie, though he's not on CL, but I've occasionally heard of a few more. Whatever happened to Oracle who used to be on here?

oracle is from dartford and lives in sidcup

its dave from thamesmead (dft) that lives in scotland now
  • Thanks, Suzi.
  • I know 3 other Portugeuse Addicks but at the moment they live in Lausanne Switzerland.
  • Well I live in Canada - I know that Oakster lives "up the road" in Alberta _ I think that there is a couple of others from the land of the beaver?
  • Sponsored links:

• isn't danepak now in new zealand?
  • I'm currently in Whistler, near Vancouver... will be for the next year at least.

Then back home to Blackheath.... eventually!!!
  • Im in Melbourne... and loving it... Any other reds in Melbourne... we could meet down the charles Dickens in the city I know they play the football at 2 am .....
  • i think a few are from woolwich....can that be counted as part of somalia?
  • Pick wick, tell me more...
  • pics I reckon' .....

get your charlton shirt on and do a world wide charlton shirt pic thing....
  • Haven't met many supporters of English soccer here in France. let alone those acquainted with Charlton.

The soccer results in Figaro always state 'Charlton London' to help the French identify where we are. Wonder if that was what attrracted Soulemane to the Valley last year?

Soccer here in the sept vallees in Artois is not a big thing; up north Boulogne and Calais have had some local successes. PSG played a pre-season friendly in Montreuil but Friday night conversations in my local 'aux Boisailleurs' never touch on anything other than the major Champions league teams particularly Italy and France.

I still hope to visit England at a time when there is a game at the Valley but (luckily) I have no pressing need to have to come back as I find London and its suburbs noisy, frightening and expensive; there was even a murder in Beckenham where i used to live....
  • Does Essex count as International?

They do struggle to get to the away games . . . .
  • Algarve

A firend of mine moved to Portugal around '92 married a local lady and has a couple of children (both of whom are declared Charlton Supporters) much to his Porto supporting wifes disgust. They used to live in Lisbon now is Switzerland for a while but will no doubt end up on the Algarve in time.
  • edited September 2007
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Am I the only German Addick?[/quote]

I know about two other Charlton fans in Germany, send me a mail (lars@addicks.se) and I'll forward them to you if you're interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, I live in Thailand, Malaysia and England in about equal amounts. There's more of us in Thailand too though few in Malaysia where they all support Manchester United.

However, I was in backwater of Malaysia recently when I spotted two local girls walking around the town - one was wearing a fake Charlton shirt. I couldn't resist asking her how long she had supported Charlton.

"Oh no, mister", looking at me as though it was the first time she had heard the word 'Charlton'. "I not support Charlton. I buy as cheap shirt in market. I like to buy football shirts because I like football but Manchester United one too dear."
  • edited September 2007
    Know what you mean! My girlfriend's son has a current 'real' version, purchased at The Valley, just because nobody else would have this particular shirt.

I have seen a few around on locals and did a double take quite recently after seeing a Thai on the back of a motorbike with the ecru shirt on. Yet to see a purple and green Viglen shirt in Asia.

Thai Malaysia Addick, where are you based?
  • edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]

I have seen a few around on locals and did a double take quite recently after seeing a Thai on the back of a motorbike with the ecru shirt on.

When I finished my job in Indonesia I gave my ecru shirt to a guy there who loved football. Sometimes wish I still had it as I loved that colour.

By the way - to the other guy in France: if you're ever going to Lyon let me know.
  • To the guys in Thailand is there any way to watch the games over there? I was over in Bangkok and Phuket over the summer so was close season but i'm over again from 18th Dec to Early Jan so miss a few games and would like to see em if there's anyway possible?
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]To the guys in Thailand is there any way to watch the games over there? I was over in Bangkok and Phuket over the summer so was close season but i'm over again from 18th Dec to Early Jan so miss a few games and would like to see em if there's anyway possible?

Find an Irish bar...

O'Reilly's at Silom showed footie when I was there.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]To the guys in Thailand is there any way to watch the games over there? I was over in Bangkok and Phuket over the summer so was close season but i'm over again from 18th Dec to Early Jan so miss a few games and would like to see em if there's anyway possible?[/quote]

Not a lot of chance of seeing any Charlton games unless they are the live Championship match that day and even then you'll need to find a bar with either the South African feed or there is a Thai satellite channel that has the televised Championship games with live commentary.

I have had to resrt to downloading 'The Championship' from ITV as my only means of watching CAFC.
    Plenty of places to watch Premier League games all over Thailand. Every game is now shown live.
  • Fair play then i'll have to make sure everythiing is Sky Plussed then watch it all when i'm back! Thanks very much.
  • Whatcha Tel...

Id be pleased to join up with Aussies down under, and meet some fellow Addicks in melbourne, its a shame that we arent in the prem any more as theres plenty of boozers that show the games and we could of watched them witha beer, as it is theres now not even any commentary!!!

But yeah sounds good mate....
  • Hi Jon
    My email is Terryhastings664@hotmail.com drop me a line when youre ready and I'll introduce you to the group

Tel
  • I know of an addick in Dubai