Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Imperial Arms Chislehurst.

At long last it's about to open....tomorrow, Friday 23rd March 2012.
Looked through the window today and it looks very plush and welcoming.....a complete refurb which has taken around three months to complete.
For those of you who don't know where it is it's on Old Hill....more or less at the rear of The Ramblers Rest, quite close to the caves.
Spoke with the new landlord today....seemed like a really nice fella, he likes his football and is a Pompey fan of many years standing, having originated from that area.
The pub is in a super location and has always 'looked' an interesting pub from the outside but has not always lived up to it's promise and expectations.........let's hope it's a huge success from now on.
Food will be a bit limited for the time being, as the kitchens are still being completed.
The Courtyard, that wonderful 'hidden away' Thai restauarant (which was at the rear of the premises), is sadly no more.

Comments

• May pop in from time to time, 10 minute walk from me.
  • Interesting Soundas. I'll certainly look in. Is it a sympathetic traditional make over or done in a modern pub style? The former I hope.
    Look forward to some reviews.
  • i am only a walk away

i ll look in on sat
  • No Courtyard, that's a real shame. Great little place.

Drove past last night and it looked like they'd done a good job
  • Shame that the Thai restaurant will disappear ,but it's a pub primarily so understandable if there is also to be a new kitchen .What if anything ,however, will be done about cars double parked along Old Hill it also being a bit difficult to gain access to either the pub or the Common if you encounter coming the other way a 4 x4 ?The chances of that are always quite high in Chislehurst in my experience.Will have to walk I suppose!
  • The Courtyard Thai people are now in Chislehurst next to the Post Office, opposite Sainsburys.
  • The Courtyard Thai people are now in Chislehurst next to the Post Office, opposite Sainsburys.
    Great news phil....thanks for the info....is it as good as The Courtyard and what's it called?

• Yes, it's just as good.

It's called (quite imaginatively) The Thai Chislehurst.

0208 467 7746
  • edited March 2012
    Yes, it's just as good.

It's called (quite imaginatively) The Thai Chislehurst.

0208 467 7746
    Ah right phil, so it's not a new restaurant exactly....been there a couple of years or so but as you say, has the same owners as The Courtyard...so they owned them both at the same time.
    Good to know though...I'll certainly give it ago at some point soon.

• Any feedback?
  • Sponsored links:

• No one go in there?
  • The pub or the Thai?
  • no not me but ended up in a nice little pub in st leonards sussex