Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

When booking trains for the Oldham game,

edited March 2012 in Match Day Travel
what is there local train station?

Thank you.

Comments

• I think it was called Moston. Not sure though. It was a long walk.
  • Scrap that just googled it. Mills Mills.
  • http://www.footballgroundguide.com/oldham_athletic/#Boundary-Park-Oldham-Nearest-Railway-Station

Due to improvement works to the line from Manchester, the two closest stations to the ground, Oldham Mumps and Oldham Werneth are both currently closed. This leaves only Oldham Mill Hills station, but this is at least a 30 minute walk away from the ground.

George Sutcliffe a visiting Sheffield United fan informs me; 'I would recommend using Mills Hill station until the new tramlink is built. If you leave the station descend the ramp then turn right. Then bear left into Haigh Lane which becomes Chadderton Hall Road and then Burnley Lane (although it is the same road) this takes you to the Toby Carvery at the M627 roundabout from where the ground is visible. Apart from a handful of Blades and a few Manchester based Latics hardly anyone took this route. There was also a large JW Lees pub called the Rose Of Lancaster on Haigh Lane 200 yards from Mills Hill Station which served food and had Sky Sports'.

Jon Brierley adds; 'Alternatively, rather than getting a train from Manchester to Oldham, you may find it easier to take a bus from Manchester Piccadilly Bus Station. Services numbers 24, 181 & 182 make the 25 minute trip to Oldham and go past the ground. They operate six buses an hour on Saturday afternoons, with three an hour on evenings and Sundays. Alternatively, fans from the Yorkshire direction might like to consider taking a train to Rochdale (direct services from York, Leeds, Bradford & Halifax) and then continuing to Boundary Park on bus 409 (every 10 minutes Saturday daytime, journey time 25 minutes)'.
  • what is there local train station?

Thank you.
    I thought you weren't going?!

A bus from Manchester Piccadilly is the easiest way to do it, presuming you don't get stuck in pubs until 20 minutes before kickoff. I'd never do such a thing though.

• Fantastic, cheers guys
  • Took the bus when up there two years ago. It was OK.

Apart from the fact that on the bus back, for the first time I came across that group of spotty little chavs who sang the Kevin Lisbie/Darren Ambrose songs non-stop the whole way back to Piccadilly.
  • Oldham Mumps has a temporary station open at the moment.
  • I got a bus from Manchester last time. if u leave enough time it is relatively easy
  • This game will have massive following. Fact
  • Cheers guys,

I ended up getting a train ticket to Manchester then I think the bus will be the best/cheapest way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oldham Mumps has a temporary station open at the moment.
    not open yet - Tramlink service later this year
  • what is there local train station?

Thank you.
    Manchester Piccadilly, there is no station as they are extending the tramlink out to there. Go by bus from Piccadilly Gardens and takes a maximum of 1/2 hour, about four buses an hour. From the time you get off the train you would be at the ground in 90 minutes