Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Parker voted England player of the year

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Once a Judas always a Judas
  • Scott Parker of Spurs and England the former Chelsea, Newcastle and West Ham player...
  • Scott Parker of Spurs and England the former Chelsea, Newcastle and West Ham player...
    grrrrr. He has had 394 club appearances and 170 of them were for us...
  • we have never, ever been properly recognised by the mainstream... I hope SCP's new era changes things! but I doubt it.
  • Still a grade a wa**ker especially after this celebration for Newcastle against us, He had no respect for us as soon as the big teams came knocking so got no respect for him.
  • According to twitter it seems he is captain
  • Gerard'll love that...NOT
  • Great advert for our youth system, Valley Gold and long may it continue.
    Have to agree with this.
  • on SSN now, captain
  • Sponsored links:

• Good.

Glad that mug Gerrard didn't get it. It's gone to someone who actually gives a damn.
  • well, you know, it's like, you know, a great, you know, honour to captain, you know, your country.
  • Good, he deserves it for how he's been playing this season, for Spurs and England.
    The first Tottenham playing England skipper since the only real true Judas in 1998.
  • Don't remember Defoe captaining England back then ;-)
  • edited February 2012
    Good, he deserves it for how he's been playing this season, for Spurs and England.
    The first Tottenham playing England skipper since the only real true Judas in 1998.
    No offence but... piss off.
  • Thts great news Scotty is a class act and he ll bring some professionalism and dignity to the job ...hope he gets it for the euros too

nice to think we bred a player with those qualities
  • Good, he deserves it for how he's been playing this season, for Spurs and England.
    No offence but... piss off.
    Well thats just bloody charming ;-)
  • What were the odds on Parker for captain this morning?
  • Anyone seen that Woman in Black film? That's how I feel about the whole scenario
  • Well done to him - but I can't help but think if he'd stayed and planned his next career move with a bit more care rather than going for cash he would have had a longer England career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done to him - but I can't help but think if he'd stayed and planned his next career move with a bit more care rather than going for cash he would have had a longer England career.
    Agreed. fully. Greedy sheister ruined his career when he left us for the chelski bench!
  • hindsight is a wonderful thing. We think he might regret it. but I doubt he's even given it a second thought.

I used to dislike/resent him for what he did, but dont blame him or the club for what happened. Learnt a few years later (from someone that knows) that what happened wasn't as bad as it was made out, he didn't do the sulk and he's apparently a really nice bloke.

He moved on, we've moved on (down but soon up again), and I'd rather cheer him and Darren Bent on playing for England than at least 10 other premier league players that never played for CAFC.
    With Darren being out at least I'll watch England with some degree of interest in the summer.

gutted I threw out the Joma / Scott Parker advertising hoardings that I had, might be worth a fiver now.
  • Happy for us and him.

First ever England captain with an CAFC playing connection according to CC.
  • Curbishley happily managed Parker when he was at West Ham, so things move on. That the money from him went on donkeys like Jeffers isn't his fault.
  • Just makes me so angry at how overlooked he has been over the years. Could argue with anyone for hours on end about it. Exactly what England have been missing for years and years, so much energy and determination, doesn't let anyone have a second alone on the ball, all the years we were poncing about with the lampard / gerrard combination he is exactly what was missing. A natural captain and leader, and grossly underrated in an attacking sense in my opinion. Just shows how to get a real look in at England you have to be playing for a top 6 club - which is absolutely ridiculous. He dragged us into the top 4 and won footballer of the year at a team finishing bottom of the league. Much more of an achievement than the medals Carrick has won at united.
  • Downham boy captaiin of england great news
  • edited February 2012
    Just makes me so angry at how overlooked he has been over the years. Could argue with anyone for hours on end about it. Exactly what England have been missing for years and years, so much energy and determination, doesn't let anyone have a second alone on the ball, all the years we were poncing about with the lampard / gerrard combination he is exactly what was missing. A natural captain and leader, and grossly underrated in an attacking sense in my opinion. Just shows how to get a real look in at England you have to be playing for a top 6 club - which is absolutely ridiculous. He dragged us into the top 4 and won footballer of the year at a team finishing bottom of the league. Much more of an achievement than the medals Carrick has won at united.
    If ever you needed a clearer example of the power of the popular press when it comes to the England team he was it. Henry Winter was and always has been a big fan of Parkers and pushed for his inclusion years ago but the rest of them couldn't see any further than the usual Gerrard/Lampard/Carrick suspects.

If you were an England manager would you take a risk picking Parker, knowing that that lot were just waiting for the first misplaced pass to denigrate you for picking him? Remember...."Chris who?"

Oddly enough, I think most fans outside of Manchester, Chelsea or Liverpool have long since realised Parkers quality and would have been more than happy for him to have had a run in the side before now.
  • Downham boy captaiin of england great news
    Downham boy captaiin of england great news
    Too right Nolly.
  • Well done Scott, this is thoroughly deserved.
  • As soon as Pearce said he was going to choose someone unselfish I knew it wasn't going to be any of the old guard.