Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*Bit Of Fun* Pubs and Nightclubs of the past

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
We was talking to friends last night about pubs and nightclubs in the South East that have closed down or been knocked down, that we used to go to, anybody got any good memories....we remember going to Royal Albert Blackheath Hill, then onto Champs in Deptford, Zens Dartford, T's Erith, Flamigos Woolwich, Tots Southend, the ones down the Old Kent Road, another one on Woolwich High Street which we cant remember the name of?, The Station Welling, can anyone remember any others?

Comments

• Spooks on Woolwich High St?

been to all of those, T's in Erith always used to be an 'interesting' night!!
  • If you couldn't pull in Ts then you might as well of given up.
  • I never went to Ts - always declined it. Zen's and Deja Vu were the local ones for me as I was growing up and then when I moved out of home it was Jazzmin's or Biba's in Bromley. I also never went to that 'grab a granny' place in Sidcup - The Marlowe Rooms (was that what it was called)??!
  • Goochies in the early 80's is where I started. Also visited Danniells (Dutch House) T's, Lautrecs (Beckenham), Flicks (Dartford) Sinatras and Cinderellas (Croydon) Studio 54 (Streatham) and many other forgettable places.
    I think Stars in Greenwich was the last such place I went, with my wife in a sort of ironic way....
  • Bon Bonnies, Herne Hill.
  • Tots was still open when we played them on a Friday night a couple of years ago.

Goochies in Falconwood & Samsons in Bermondsey
  • Not SE London but in the 80s the Radio London Soul Nights Out at the Empire Leicester Square and Paradise Lost in watford used to be good, also Bennetts in Tottenham and Rye's near Rye House...happy days
  • How about stars Greenwich. had some classic nights there!
  • The Station in Welling. Never a dull moment.
    Opened up last Saturday as a Tesco Extra. From Nightclub to Clubcard.
    I drove past there on Saturday, nearly went off the road! Sh1te pub but still just so wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2012
    Back in the dark ages the Fox Under The Hill and the Welcome Inn used to have "discos"
  • Oh yeah, Stars Greenwich, many a good night there, and also forgot about Bon Bonnies Herne Hill and grab a granny at Cinderellas Croydon....what a dive before it closed down....
  • bon bonnies... memories.. my mates brother was a bouncer a t's so went quite a bit and smudge is right even i pulled in there quite alot!! used to go to the u'16s night at zens as a youth that was always lively.. plus there was a day time night club for teenager on powis street woolwich on a saturday, cant remember what it was called tho.
  • Tites in Beckenham.......Twisted Wheel, oposite The Station.
    I drove past there on Saturday, nearly went off the road! Sh1te pub but still just so wrong.
    Agreed that the last few years of it's life it had run out of steam when morphed into Hotshots or the Moon & Sixpence. Still remember the earlier days when there was a convey of Speedboats on trailers hooked upto XR3i's parked outside on Friday nights. Never seen a splash of water in their lives.

• edited February 2012
    flamingos in woolwich was always a laugh, one night we were in there spoted a few stunners standing at the bar waiting to get served, short skirts nice legs (from the back) romeo here slides up, Ello Ladies, let me get these... ARRRGGGHHHH christ when they turned around they must have been at least 50 or 60, wrinkles no teeth, bristols down to there knees.. they turned round que my mates wetting themselfs with laughter, still did tho with the youngest one of there crowd think she was 40 odd... things you do when your young and dont give a shite.
  • Back in the dark ages the Fox Under The Hill and the Welcome Inn used to have "discos"
    ....and the Falcon and great live bands at the Black Prince. Always started a night at the Welcome Inn - now a block of flats. Our heritage is slowly disappearing. Very sad.
  • The Venue, possible the worst night club in the world but secretly one of your favourites!
  • Goldmine at Canvey Island.
    Also used to go to one in Leysdown but can't remember the name.
  • Flicks/zens, T's, Langtrys, La treks, Bon Bonnie, Deja Vu, Dun Cow Old Kent Road, The empire Leicester Sq (!), Caesars Streatham, Blue something in Croydon, bridewells in Dartford.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2012
  • Flicks/zens, T's, Langtrys, La treks, Bon Bonnie, Deja Vu, Dun Cow Old Kent Road, The empire Leicester Sq (!), Caesars Streatham, Blue something in Croydon, bridewells in Dartford.
    Blue Orchid?
    i saw too many of all of the above. and don't forget the World Famous Gin Palace

Merlins? JJ's sittingbourne nicest place in the world as long as you had an ME10 postcode
    Blue Orchid?
    i saw too many of all of the above. and don't forget the World Famous Gin Palace

yep Blue Orchid, that's it.

Merlins? JJ's sittingbourne nicest place in the world as long as you had an ME10 postcode
    Could be but it doesn't ring a bell. It was at the bottom of the cul-de-sac on the right.

• one in herne bay called reds? i think.
  • edited February 2012
    The Old Kings Head Blackfriars Road..........best pub I've ever been in for sounds..............early to mid seventies everyone outa their nuts listening to Rock at volume setting 11. Sadly got closed down by an article in The People because of the acid scene in there........pubs still there though.
    And in the mid sixties The El Partido Lewisham........The Flamingo (Mingo) and The Discoteque in Wardour Street.
    Also in the seventies Dingwalls Camden Lock.
  • T's and Zens after the Drayman were my main staple back in the day from about 1985. but we liked to branch out now and again... did them all many times. Champs, Bon Bonnies (got barred tho), Drovers, Southsides in Clapham, Samsons. Only went to Stars once, never ever went to Flamingos but did go to Spooks.

Used to go to a lot of do's at the Wine Cellar in Woolwich, loved those nights full of your mates.

When we were in our late teens when we fancied a change Id organise a coach or just a mini bus if just the girls to Dukes In Chelmsford, or Hollywoods or Totts. Always felt a bit out of sorts over that way tho.

We lived the life.
  • If you couldn't pull in Ts then you might as well of given up.
    Pmsl soooo tru
  • The VENUE!