Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Inappropriate Clothing

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Few mentions on here about people wearing other teams shirts... saw a guy in the club shop after wearing a black Waffen SS hooded top??? WTF??

Comments

• I'm guessing that would have been a St Pauli top.
  • so wot they pay their money 2 get in as long as its not a palace or millwall or west ham in not offended!!
  • I thought this was going to be another thread about men wearing Ugg boots

;-)
  • how about this!! was in queue at the fish n chip van by the disabled gate when chap in front of me phone rang his ring tone"chelseas blue is the colour"had a zz top type beard!! and was then waffling on about not going 2 gilliham any more! but another fiver and seat filled supose.
  • so wot they pay their money 2 get in as long as its not a palace or millwall or west ham in not offended!!
  • There were 1200 people in the Jimmy Seed wearing Stevenage tops on Saturday, I found that pretty obnoxious! :-)
  • My Palace mate came to the game (the second game he has attended this season with the other being the dank and cold Bury game). He wouldn't be stupid enough to wear his Palace top and we keep his allegiance as low profile as possible.

However part of me thinks why should he tone down his behaviour. He wanted us to win and hopes we win this league. Cheered in all the right places. It's all money to the club and helps fill the stadium. Now I am a lessor person than him because he invited me to Palace next week, they are doing a £10 all entry deal, but I can't bring myself to give Palace the money.

If they are coming to enjoy the game then they should be allowed to wear what they like.
  • edited February 2012

If they are coming to enjoy the game then they should be allowed to wear what they like.
    Could not disagree more. Would not want someone wearing a palace/ millwall or any other English club shirt sat next to me at Charlton.

Dilute the tribalism out of the game any further and we may as well go to Fulham.

• I DJ'd a young girl's 13th Birthday party last week, if ever there was a case for innapropriate clothing this was it. I couldn't believe how parents let their children dress (girls), unbelievable!

Makes me sound like a right old fart doesn't it. Glad mine are all grown up.
  • Definitely not a St. Pauli top... it had 'groupsturmfuhrer' (spelling?) written down the sleeve and huge shield with 'WAFFEN SS' across the back....
  • Sponsored links:

• If they are coming to enjoy the game then they should be allowed to wear what they like.
    Could not disagree more. Would not want someone wearing a palace/ millwall or any other English club shirt sat next to me at Charlton.

Dilute the tribalism out of the game any further and we may as well go to Fulham.

Yep!
  • White trainers on guys over forty, hoodies (up) on anybody, short skirts on any woman over a size ten, socks with sandals, high-ankle trainers on anyone as leisurewear.
  • White trainers on guys over forty, hoodies (up) on anybody, short skirts on any woman over a size ten, socks with sandals, high-ankle trainers on anyone as leisurewear.
    I am wearing all the above right now!
    Crickey Harvey, i didn't know you were part of the fashion police ;-0

And before you ask i don't wear short skirts .... well not too Charlton matches :-0

• Loads of russians infront of me with cska hoodies/polos on, they were having a right crack, wouldn't have fancied meeting them on a dark night in moscow mind.
  • Few mentions on here about people wearing other teams shirts... saw a guy in the club shop after wearing a black Waffen SS hooded top??? WTF??
    Wern't quite an old bloke was he ? Late 50's Early 60's ??
  • Knowing a palace fan is bad enough
    Bringing him to,a charlton game even worse

But to then say he should be able to wear is club shirt Jesus h Christ.

Ban him from the forum for a week as punishment lol
  • I don't think its a problem wearing a football short from a foreign team or a shirt from a different sport. Anything else is weird but I wouldn't let it actually bother me.
  • SE10 - Yeah, sounds about right... goatee beard and glasses I think...
  • The bloke sitting next to me on saturday taking advantage of the £5 seat offer. His trousers had not been washed for years - stank to high heaven - now that's inappropriate clothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• women who wear leggins that are so stretched you can see there grotty undies underneath mainly to be seen in woolwich on market day, not pleasent.
  • I thini it's ok for children to wear opposing side's shirts in the home area especially if it's not the team we are playing.

I suspect that many young children support bigger clubs for a while before they become Charlton fans, bringing them to a game in a Mau Utd shirt might be the start of a journey for them coming regularly and wearing a Charlton shirt.

However, I don't agree with any adults publically wearing colours in the home area from teams in the same league as us.
  • The bloke sitting next to me on saturday taking advantage of the £5 seat offer. His trousers had not been washed for years - stank to high heaven - now that's inappropriate clothing.
    Yeah, let me apologise about that.

• There were 1200 people in the Jimmy Seed wearing Stevenage tops on Saturday, I found that pretty obnoxious! :-)
    I agree very dispectful ;)
  • For the record, I was wearing a 6876 jacket, japanese selvedge jeans, a John Smedley and handsewn Quoddy Chukkas.
  • I remember when we played at Selhurst, first game of the season (I think) against Swindon and there was someone wearing a palace shirt in with the Swindon fans.
    Got thrown out though by the police.
    What's wrong with white trainers? There's nothing wrong with high tops either!
  • For the record, I was wearing a 6876 jacket, japanese selvedge jeans, a John Smedley and handsewn Quoddy Chukkas.
    Have you got any jobs going?!

Quite possibly the very last thing St Pauli would be associated with!
    Quite possibly the very last thing St Pauli would be associated with!

If the top was just skull and crossbones it would be easy enough to mix up.