Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buying football boots

Starting up football again. Been out of action for a couple of years.
Need to buy some boots,
Anyone got a little tip or info for me would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Adidas copa mondials best by far.
  • Step son plays pro-youth football and he swears by them.
  • edited January 2012
    I have predators, have had them for over 2 years now and still comfy as the day i got them, no sign of any tearing or wear either. Very goo grip with them on nearly any type of pitch/weather.
  • Cheers lads adidas seem to be the best make
  • As a sports retail member, I would say Adidas is definitely the way to go, but it all depends on what you are looking for in your boots. Copas are a good choice for and old school boot, but compared to modern boots they are heavy and quite cumbersome, and predators are slightly gimmicky for my liking, the predator element can be a bit hit and miss. Though the rubberised instep offers better grip on the ball, they tend to be quite uncomfortable to play in. My recommendation would be the adipures, full leather, clean classic lines and no gimmicks. The sl version are in my opinion the best boots on the market right now, bit it all depends on how much you are willing to invest in the boots themselves.
  • It depends one what type of player you are, defender, midfielder, attacker, pacy ect
  • It depends one what type of player you are, defender, midfielder, attacker, pacy ect could you elaborate?
  • The one thing that Sports Direct are good for. Lots of bargains.
  • both mundials and adipures rip at the front and come away after a few wears, especially if you wear them on artificial (which i do with my mundials), ive had my adipures for a few months and theyve already ripped at the front and mud gets in the seem,
    id suggest nike, or if you want addidas go predators
  • both mundials and adipures rip at the front and come away after a few wears, especially if you wear them on artificial (which i do with my mundials), ive had my adipures for a few months and theyve already ripped at the front and mud gets in the seem,
    id suggest nike, or if you want addidas go predators
    Being leather they would scuff and rip on artificial grass, thats what seperates natural hide from synthetic materials, thats not an adidas problem, that's a problem with natures materials, but looking after your boots properly will help. If you wanted to go Nike, avoid superflys and mercurials at all costs, they weigh more than most other brands and have no protection. Moving away from nike and adidas, mizuno moreilas (sp) are great boots, if a little tough to get hold of. Try kooking at footy-boots.com, they give great in depth reviews of all the boots, just try to ignore some of the guff about the brand new boots, as they tend to go overboard in the compliments department!
  • Sponsored links:

• Adidas preds no doubt!!!! Make sure to buy the top end boots tho they may be pricey but you have more protection in the metatarsal area due to powerspine technology!!
  • cheers guys. been looking on prodirectsoccer.com
    seen that there are the same boots but at different prices does it really make a diffrence if i buy £50 instead of £200 ?

ill be playing on right wing hopefully or fullback.
  • edited January 2012
    cheers guys. been looking on prodirectsoccer.com
    seen that there are the same boots but at different prices does it really make a diffrence if i buy £50 instead of £200 ?
    i mean do i really need power spine technology.

ill be playing on right wing hopefully or fullback.
    didn't mean to quote myself my bad !
  • Unheralded heroes us fullbacks.
  • edited January 2012
    Unheralded heroes us fullbacks.
    So true ... I wanna be as good as rhoys or chris solly.. Watching them two makes me proud to be playing fullback.

They do it so well.

I suppose Powell has teached them a thing a two perhaps.

Some of the boots that are out these days are comical anyone seen the zebra nike mercurials.I'll Try and copy picture in
  • edited January 2012
    Currently wearing adipures and they are like wearing slippers, but my next boots I think I want to try those pantafolo d'oro or whatever make that is
  • Mizuno Morelia. Awesome boots And they are black which is the correct colour for boots.
  • Nike (most styles are good) or Puma Kings
  • edited January 2012
    Unheralded heroes us fullbacks.
    So true ... I wanna be as good as rhoys or chris solly.. Watching them two makes me proud to be playing fullback.

They do it so well.

I suppose Powell has teached them a thing a two perhaps.

Some of the boots that are out these days are comical anyone seen the zebra nike mercurials.I'll Try and copy picture in
    Yeah, I love playing fullback. Had stints on the wing and centreback but think fullback's have so much freedom, get to attack and defend in equal measures. See lots of the ball too, only drawback is the damn throw ins
  • Sponsored links:

• Always loved val sports. Think soccer scene up welling still do them.