Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes (ed. signed on 18 month contract)

Comments

• Options
    The problem we face is that most teams we play will set out to nullify us and it is good to have different options to counter that. Pace is a very good option as some sides struggle against it more than others and Chrissy has noted that our options don't include that at the moment. He also said he saw Haynes as more a striker than on the wing but noted he could play there. Seems like another decent signing to me if it comes off.
  • Options
    more like another Izale McLeod
    hopefully not of course
  • Options
    but I wouldn't pay a fee for him
    good job you are not paying then ;-))

• Options
    Sky reporting hes agreed
  • Options
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7426334/

Signed a 2 and a half year deal apparently.
  • Options
    a lot of top strikers have a bit of an attitude - i feel good about this signing and well pleased it's done. Is he available for tomorrow?
  • Options
    '...League One hopefuls' ??
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The few times I have seen him play I have been impressed and wondered what he was doing at Barnsley to be honest.
  • Options
    But is it on owlstalk yet? ;0)
  • Options
    Let's see what he can do, find it a strange one though, we signed Clarke and him, Euell says he will be back for the run in along with Hayes who has been unlucky. Too many strikers with only a 5 man bench.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well we won't get too badly affected if we have injuries then - call it insurance and good to have competetion. There will be some rationalisation in the summer no doubt. Now where is that right back - that is the onlty position I don't feel comfortable that we have cover in.
  • Options
    Not on the Charlton O/S yet?
  • Options
    Danny Green
    Danny Hollands
    Danny Haynes (?)

Maybe we could work out an XI of Danny's and send it off to SCP's office so he can get them all signed up in this window. :-)

'Oh South London... full of tits dannies and Charlton...' :-)
  • Options
    We've got 3 Danny's?
  • Options
    Thats one up on the woman on ITV's morning show the other day then!
  • Options
    I'll always remember a game when he played against us for Ipswich at the Valley. He came on as a sub and ripped us to shreds
  • Options
    Don't want him, especially don't want to waste £200k on a player who can't hack it at our level.

He'll do a job in the 3rd division though. But you're not staying there, so seems an odd signing.
    but we arent up yet mate. still half a season to go, so any signing that can do a job at this level is welcome. Even if its only for the next 5 months.

Was only a year or so ago people on here were talking about the possibility of administration.

Now you're looking to spend £175k+ and £5k+ wages a week on a player to deepen the squad and provide options!

How times have changed. Stuff the lot of ya!!
    There must be some financial problems at the Den Sparrows if cant find £200k for a forward when desperately in need of one ....... Does not seem a lot in the Championship and must be very frustrating because cant imagine you will find a goal scorer for any less to get you out of trouble. Im in a minority and hope you stay up, assuming of course that we get promoted :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    This bloke has gone completely under my radar and therefore has a perfectly clean slate with this Addick.

Can I still be the first to say our most recent signing is rubbish though, just in case?
  • Options

He'll do a job in the 3rd division though. But you're not staying there, so seems an odd signing.
    Seems strange that Jackett was trying to sign a 3rd division striker to help score the goals to keep you in the Championship. KJ is either signing players for the 3rd division already or he knows a bit more about the player than you.
  • Options
    Just need a few 'Jacks' to go with the Dannys!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just need a few 'Jacks' to go with the Dannys!
    the woman on that other thread only had 2 !
  • Options
    From what I've seen of Danny Haynes, I think he'll be a decent player for us. He's Championship standard if he gets a run in the team up front. Millwall loved him there didn't they? Plus Powell is the perfect manager for him.
  • Options
    18 month contract not two an a half years as stated by sky.
  • Options
    Still really confused by this signing, especially as we've just signed Clarke.

Hayes must be thinking what have I got to do?!
  • Options
    Bloody hell, another signing. Can you have too many? There must be a point where discontent in the squad starts to mushroom, would love to know what SCP has to say to Hayes & a few others right now..and the bench tomorrow will be interesting...
  • Options
    Hayes could well be surplus. SCP has a system - a bigger forward/ strong/ good in the air (Kermo and Clarke - if he can prove himself) plus a smaller/ faster striker (BWP/ Haynes).

I do also wonder where it leaves Waggy - not a lot of room on that bench.
  • Options
    Euell and Benson out, Haynes and Clark in. Just improving options, not adding to squad.
  • Options
    How about 'fight for your place'. Sir Chris will always want to put out his best team so it is up to the players to show him that they belong in it. Don't see how we should try to make an entirely positive development sound remotely negative!!!