Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VHS Videos

edited December 2011 in Not Sports Related
As a result of the great clear-out of stuff pending our move from Chateau March I have hundreds of unwanted VHS tapes I can't get rid of. I have contacted all the charity shops in the area but it seems that tapes and VCR machines have been consigned to history and are no longer form part of popular culture. Also I haven't found anywhere to recycle them, short of taking them to the USA as that's the only place it seems where companies will take them off your hands without charging. So anyone who wants to head down Reigate way and take a look and cart some away is welcome to them, they're heading for the skip otherwise. They are mainly feature films of the '70s, '80s and '90s plus a number of football tapes (not CAFC: I'm keeping those) and pop stuff. Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    I spent ages trying to find something to do with my stack of video tapes until realising that the dustbin was the only option. Not even the council dump had an option for them.
  • Options
    Can't they just go in with the plasitc recycling?
  • Options
    .I've been told its the tape itself that's the problem: the cassette is o.k for recycling but not the film
  • Options

My local recycling centre have a second-hand 'shop'.

You can take things down there that you don't need any more but which are still in useable condition and instead of recycling them they put them on their shelves. They make these available for the poorer members of the community.

I take all my tapes (VHS and music cassettes) and any useable household goods down there. I go on the principle that any little helps. 

• Options

I took two sets of Carp fishing VHS tapes into my local charity shop the other day, the women looked at me as if I had just landed from another planet.

They are in superb nick (only watched once) and I am sure someone would have had them off her.

• Options

I took two sets of Carp fishing VHS tapes into my local charity shop the other day, the women looked at me as if I had just landed from another planet.

They are in superb nick (only watched once) and I am sure someone would have had them off her.

Perhaps she was just being koi
  • Options

Perhaps she was just being koi
    :-)              
  • Options

The clues are there...