Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Have I missed something, but, what's the story....

....about a 16 year old fare dodger being thrown off a train ?

Comments

• It was in Jocko land...............it doesn't count.
  • It was in Jocko land...............it doesn't count.
    Lol

Lookslike the fare dodgers family are looking to sue.
  • Ticket inspector told him to get off. He didn't budge, so a bloke physically dragged him up & pushed him off the train. I think the fare dodger stayed om his feet, ie he didn't appear to be injured. I'm with the valiant member of the public who helped the ticket inspector.
  • Wasn't even a fare dodger. Was given two single tickets going the same way rather than a Single and Return. Error by the bloke at the ticket office but wouldn't listen when trying to explain. Poor kid really. Hope he sues them into next week.
  • Ticket inspector told him to get off. He didn't budge, so a bloke physically dragged him up & pushed him off the train. I think the fare dodger stayed om his feet, ie he didn't appear to be injured. I'm with the valiant member of the public who helped the ticket inspector.
    Nasty cuts on his face and hands. Ended up on the floor face down
  • Wasn't even a fare dodger. Was given two single tickets going the same way rather than a Single and Return. Error by the bloke at the ticket office but wouldn't listen when trying to explain. Poor kid really. Hope he sues them into next week.

In that case I stand corrected.
  • I would've said the same but only literally just saw a piece on the news about it where the stories put straight!
  • He should have done some TRAINING in how to fall properly.
    In that case I stand corrected.

It's the ticket inspector and thus rail company at fault rather than the passenger who helped out.

As I understand it the passenger asked the ticket inspector if he wanted the youth off the train before intervening. The reply was "yes." 

• Ticket inspectors never do listen when you try to explain
  • Sponsored links:

• His bag was left on the train as well full of his possesions including all his Diabetic bits and bobs. They wouldn't let him on to get it back. Heavy handed load of nonsense which as it turned out was completley uncalled for. Agree the Ticket Inspector is at fault. Doesn't suprise me. Little Hitler's most of them
  • That guy should not have violently intervened.
  • Ticket inspectors never do listen when you try to explain
    Almost as bad as stewards
  • Olly: Sorry, but got to ask: "Hope he sues them into next week" ?
    Is this what everyone who is wronged does now ?
    In 1996 Lewisham Council cost Me My home, my work, my wife and, to a large degree, My Sanity. I've never got an apology from them for ruining my whole life.I will be on "anti-depressents" for the rest of my life. Yet someone who is "man handled" from a train ?
    Obviously I need to look into My case......
    In 1996 Lewisham Council cost Me My home, my work, my wife and, to a large degree, My Sanity. I've never got an apology from them for ruining my whole life.I will be on "anti-depressents" for the rest of my life. Yet someone who is "man handled" from a train ?
    I'd say, yes, go for it
    I'd say, yes, go for it
    Know any good (cheap/free) Lawyers ?
  • 'fraid not MOG!
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bvnOgxd6wo

The only person in the wrong was the Ticket Inspector.

If I was the bloke having my train held up, I would probably do the same. But on the other hand, If I was the kid then I would probably have refused to get of aswell if it's true that he was given the wrong tickets.

Surely a bit of leeway could've been given to the kid though. But just goes to show 99% of Ticket Inspectors are Jobsworth cnuts unless your in a group then they don't want to know!

• A busy bully get involved in something that had nothing to do with him.
  • The inspector wouldn't have got me off. Period, and I'm sorry but  IF he tried to use force, he would get a lot of force back believe me.
  • Sponsored links:

Aye - after taking a quick shufty round to make sure the kid was about 8 stone dripping wet. Although, tbh, I'd have done the same thing if he'd made me late as well.
    So if your sitting on a train in a rush to get home from a days work and someone is holding the train up showing no respect to other passengers by saying that he is prepared to hold everyone else up...You would just sit there.
  • Tell you what if I saw anyone man handle my son like that trust me I would kick the shit out of them , if its that much of and issue call the transport police ,

The Geezer who done it is a prick imo , nothing more nothing less
  • As I said, it was in Jocko land so lets forget it & move on !
    So if your sitting on a train in a rush to get home from a days work and someone is holding the train up showing no respect to other passengers by saying that he is prepared to hold everyone else up...You would just sit there.

The kid was in the right though. It wasn't up to a member of the public to throw him off either. The ticket inspector is the one in the wrong here, especially by agreeing to allow a member of the public to throw the lad off.
  • What I was saying, The bloke didn't know he was in the right though..He most probably just saw it as some young lad was holdingthe train up and refusing to get off.
  • Don't have kids but completely agree with nla. Whether he knew he was right or wrong and the kid is holding a train up or not does not give some big bar steward to pick on a kid. Ticket inspector has a phone so can easily contact btp when at a stop.
  • Reguardless of how big he was, if someone tried throwing me off a train like that i'd make sure they'd never have kids again
    Trains don't get held up because there is a kid sitting there with / without a ticket. What is the driver doing, waiting for the conductor to rung the bell ?

The bottom line for me is what Leroy insinuates, I'm convinced the bloke wouldn't have got involved if it had been another big bloke and not a skinny kid. He saw the chance to be Bertie big balls and took it.
  • Can't see why the inspector didn't just inform the old bill to meet him at the next stop. Not as if he's going anywhere. Too many jobsworths working on the transport network in their little fascist uniforms.

When I was (until recently) working as a bus driver, I've known many a driver argue with a passenger that he only bought a ticket to point B but he has passed that and needs to get off, blah blah. They'd spend 10 mins arguing, making everyone else late. Why bother? ask once then carry on with your job or do what's necessary without inconvinencing the ones that have actually paid for the service.