Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Private Discussions

WSSWSS
edited June 2007 in Troubleshooting
I've noticed that if you get whispered it appears at the top of the board which is brilliant.

However, if someone starts up a private discussion you don't get alerted and the thread just falls down the page like a regular topic. I don't think this is just me??

Would be useful to have the alerts to discussions as they do with whispers.

And mad83 - i found my Liverpool stub in a pair of unwashed jeans, i'll put it in the post for you this week. ;-)

Comments

• Options
    Lookout will probably have a view on this and i know he is looking at improvements for the site in the summer.

If you don't already, you could bookmark it- it'll make it more visable for you.
  • Options
    Yup, that's right WSS, it happens like that for all. The idea is that notification is necessary for Whispered comments in a public discussion because these can easily be overlooked, but Private Discussions should be sent towards the top anyway. They have a priority over public discussions. The problem is that these can get lost when there is a barrage of comments between the time when the whisper is sent and the user next logs in.

I'll look into how easily I can add the notification message on a Private Discussion. It shouldn't be too difficult. The other issue with this is that the notification, when there is a private comment in a public discussion, doesn't skip to the correct page of the public discussion where the private comment is to be found. One day maybe we can sort that too ;-)
  • Options
    If anyone has any other issues feel free to raise them, as I am looking to improve things this summer.