Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Christmas Quiz

Just for fun ... and most are not too tough ... here are a few questions with a Charlton/Christmas/December connection.

You know the rules.  No Googling etc.  No random scatter-gun guesses.  Just have some fun.

1)      When Jonathan Fortune scored ‘that goal’ to relegate Crystal Palace in 2005, which club became the first in Premiership history to avoid relegation despite being bottom on Christmas Day?

2)      Who was in goal for Charlton during the famous 7-6 win against Huddersfield in December 1957?

3)      Who had a No. 1 hit in the US in 1926 with “When the red, red robin (comes bob, bob, bobbin’ along)?

4)      Miguel Llera scored our last Boxing Day goal.  But who was sent off in that game and who also scored for Charlton?

5)      We have drawn 0-0 twice in the last ten years on Boxing Day.  Who were the opponents?

6)      Charlton’s Seth Plum played one game for England in 1923 (against France), but in which year was he born?

7)      Sixteen goals for Charlton and 47 International appearances.  Who is he?

8)      No Christmas would be complete without a reference to ‘Only Fools and Horses’, so ... what was the name of Rodney Charlton Trotter’s mother?

9)      A Kim Grant double gave us that famous victory in the snow over Millwall in 1995, but what was the exact date?

10)   And finally ...the starting line-up for our last Boxing Day victory, please?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    8 . Joan Mavis
  • 9) 5th December, what a birthday treat
  • 4 shelvey scored
    semedo and burton sent off
  • edited December 2011
    4) Sodje & Burton sent off, Shelvey scored.

Damn, just beaten to it.

No wait, it was definitely Sodje, I think...
  • edited December 2011
  • 1. WBA
    4. Sam Sodje, Deon Burton score- shelvey
    8. Joan
  • 5) Was one of them against Fulham at Craven Cottage? That was definitely in our first couple of Prem seasons but not sure if it was in the last ten years?
  • If no. 7 is about Christmas, it has to be Santa Claus Jensen
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
  • 10) if it's the 4-2 win over Chelsea in 2003 the line up was . Kiely, Kishishev, Perry, Fortune, Hreidarsson, Holland, Parker, Euell, Stuart , Di Canio , Johansson
    Hope you didn't Google (or equivalent), Bedsaddick?
  • edited December 2011
    10) if it's the 4-2 win over Chelsea in 2003 the line up was . Kiely, Kishishev, Perry, Fortune, Hreidarsson, Holland, Parker, Euell, Stuart , Di Canio , Johansson

No - I knew the team who beat Chelsea as my 8 year old son watches the dvd all the time , just didn't know if it was our last win on boxing day.

• 10) if it's the 4-2 win over Chelsea in 2003 the line up was . Kiely, Kishishev, Perry, Fortune, Hreidarsson, Holland, Parker, Euell, Stuart , Di Canio , Johansson
    No - I knew the team who beat Chelsea as my 8 year old son watches the dvd all the time , just didn't know if it was our last win on boxing day.
    And is Seth Plum's birth and Al Jolson's singing career on the same DVD?
  • edited December 2011
    10) if it's the 4-2 win over Chelsea in 2003 the line up was . Kiely, Kishishev, Perry, Fortune, Hreidarsson, Holland, Parker, Euell, Stuart , Di Canio , Johansson

No , Books. remember them ?

Do you really expect someone to know off the top of their head when Seth Plum was born ? And you state no guessing. Jeeeez   I'm sorry I took the time to enter now.
  • edited December 2011
    No , Books. remember them ? Do you really expect someone to know off the top of their head when Seth Plum was born ? I'm sorry I took the time to enter now.

One England cap in 1923 ... I think you can take a stab at Seth Plum's age to within a few years without looking it up, can't you?

Anyone can look stuff up.  I even quoted 'the Rules'.  What would be the point otherwise?

Thanks for making Questions 3, 6 and 10 redundant.

• edited December 2011
    Sorry to spoil your "fun" quiz. I only looked up one question . blimey you need to lighten up man. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2011
    Sorry to spoil your "fun" quiz. I only looked up one question .lighten up

Oh dear!

• 25th January. Bromley Addicks Pairs quiz evening. 100 questions all on CAFC. Hope to see many people taking part
  • If (7) isn't Claus, how about Ray Treacy (my first Charlton hero)?
  • Sorry to spoil your "fun" quiz. I only looked up one question .lighten up

Oh dear!

Oh dear indeed.

Why not add question 11) What are the names and address' of the season ticket holders from the 2003/4 season?

I'm sure you know David.

• other 0-0 draw away to Southampton
  • 25th January. Bromley Addicks Pairs quiz evening. 100 questions all on CAFC. Hope to see many people taking part
    Good plug, thanks Shirty.

• 3) Al Jolsen
  • 7) Claus Jensen
  • 7) Claus Jensen
    Answering your own questions now? Bit sad......