Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most annoying adverts

edited November 2012 in Not Sports Related
When sitting watching tele I always have the remote control handy so that I can change channels when the most annoying of the adverts appear.  The guy on 'Go compare' should be strung up with piano wire (Jeremy Clarkson says that is fine) but the one that sets my teeth on edge is Ray Winstone on Bet 365.  His disembodied head appears and he sounds like a pimp offering two saddos in a pub an underage girl - 'luuvverly'. A quick grab for the remote, wait for 20 seconds and then back again to listen to the dross spouted by most of the pundits. 

Comments

• Too many to mention,I record most things and fast forward through the ads.I wonder these days how much companies pay for adverts and how many people actually watch them?
  • Not annoying but for some reason a bit creepy is the cow made of gravy.
  • Agree with Mr Irving but I dislike it cos I'm vegetarian and it just rubs dirty meat juice in my face. Grrrr
  • In my mind advertisers work on the basis that the more annoying the ad, the more likely you'll notice the product.

I detest all the Halifax ads. The idea that all their staff happily act out "funny" situations or sing in a choir makes my teeth crawl. The latest ones where they have a conductor directing them makes me want to stick my fist through the screen.

• edited December 2011
    Ica Ica baby - Halifax Advert
    Webuyanycar -
    Injurylawyers4U

all annoying , all thieving money grabbing wankers.

• go compare (fat singer) and the meerkat ones
  • We Buy Any Car is a hideous advert. To make matters worse, ever since the weekend there's a company called We WANT Any Car advertising on the radio!
  • The Television  advertisement where the young Oriental boy chooses not to defacate within the confines of his own water closet purely on the basis that one of his contemparies is in possession of a superior Air Freshener.

Utter pish

• People moan about the Go Compare ads but I bet most of you are now humming the tune, which happens to include the name of the company. Good advertising, in my humble opinion.

Ads that really annoy me are the ones that are so obviously dubbed over versions of foreign language ads. MAKE SOME WITH ENGLISH ACTORS YOU FUCKING CHEAPSKATES!!

Oh, and pretty much any car or perfume/aftershave ads.

And ads for razors.

And all the loan companies

Any ads made by the staff of the company being advertised.

I could be here a while. Might want to make yourselves a cuppa.
  • There's one for a loan company - Marshall? - the this guy is wearing a really annoying purple shirt and overly tight slacks. He annoys me big time for some reason.

Also, every advert in New Zealand annoyed me. The are too shouty.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2011
    There is one on talkSPORT seemingly every 1/2 hour .. Timothy Spall speaking in a creepy, pervy voice extolling the virtues of British Gas and claiming that 'a boiler breaks down every 15 seconds' .. Presuming he means a different boiler every 15 seconds, that is over 2 million boilers a year supposedly breaking down .. not only is the advert creepy, it's almost certainly telling lies and T Spall should be forced to endure the winter naked in a snow bound and unheated Canadian cabin for being party to such a piece of bare faced propaganda and for taking money under false pretences. If British Gas spent less on lying adverts featuring well known 'hams' , power prices could be lowered considerably.
  • The winner for this most annoying advert has to be the Haribo one with the famikly singing.

SQQQUUIIIIIIDDDDGGGGYYYY SQUIDGY BABY

Fcuk off!

• The worst advert ever

is the Littlewoods who puts toys under the xmas tree

My mother

You effing no good bstds you spend your kids child lives convincing them father xmas does it, and some jumped up spotty twerp comes up with a cracker of a campaign to get your kids to ask a million questions

if i knew who you were my size 10 would disapeer up your arse you no good ****

• I really hate that ad for reselling mobile phone with the fat wanker whose head looks like a space hopper shouting "Wonga" I could seriously stove the TV in when that comes on. Don't like the Halifax ads either especially ice ice baby the bird looks like she's unscrewing her own head but it's still better than that silly tosser Howard who used to be in them.

Know what Rizzo means about the Go Compare ads and I have to say there seems to be a new one every week. Nevertheless the fat Italian is somewhat annoying to say the least.

• trophies and medals dot com.. on talkpsort at the mo is perticualy mind numbing.

also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0-2n8JHc1M
  • The John Lewis one has gone from sweet to annoying
  • however sweet and appealing, clever and enticing the advert may be, just remember .. it's been put before you by a rapacious money grabbing shopkeeper out to get his hands on your money .. except for ...

SAVE THE LEOPARD ( f f s ) .. the spotted one just wants to rip yer lungs out

• Used to really loathe the Go Compare adverts, who didn't, but I think they're great now.

The worst adverts are the M+S X Factor talent(less) ones as well as seeing any actor/musician plugging some God-awful product.

There must be about 40 different perfume and aftershave ads on at the moment too, not forgetting the annual tradition of truckloads of stand-up comedy, Danny Dyer football compilation DVD's and Z-list 'Get Me Out of Here' (but make sure it's just in time for Christmas) books.
    I find it annoying
  • Sponsored links:

Agree with Mr Irving but I dislike it cos I'm vegetarian and it just rubs dirty meat juice in my face. Grrrr
    I love a bit of meat, but there's just something revolting about that gravy beast.
  • The one with the blokes beard made of Bees, that makes me itch like a bastard!

Double shite advert because I cant even remember what its for!!!
  • The one with the blokes beard made of Bees, that makes me itch like a bastard!

Magners i think
  • The one's that say "Hot girls are waiting to take your call"

Do they really know when I'm going to ring and ship out all the munters ? ;)

agreed... fucking insulting poxy rubbish .. and Irish cider ? .. get to f***
  • Simples.....it's those bloody meerkats !
  • The Haribo one where that little girl is acting like a police officer trying to make her dad talk in an interview room....I hope there is a bloopers scene where when she shouts at him he gets up and slaps her round the face.

The other one has been covered 'I SAY YOU BUY ONE YOU GET ONE FREE!!' the biggest n0b head, more annoying that Go Compare. I hope he falls out a window.

• edited December 2011

The Television  advertisement where the young Oriental boy chooses not to defacate within the confines of his own water closet purely on the basis that one of his contemparies is in possession of a superior Air Freshener.

Utter pish

Utter poo, surely