Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Friday Fun - Truth and Lies

OK, tell us three things about yourself, two of which are true and one is made up. The rest of us have to guess which is the lie. Could get wonderfully confusing on a thread!

Here are my three (I've left an easy one in for starters):

A. I've presented a cup at Hampden
B. I've played football at The Valley
C. I've been a mascot at Hampden

Comments

• I will abstain from this one for reasons of taste to the other posters.

Check e-mail by the way Bugle clique
  • I think being a mascot is made up. As I think you've only moved recently to Scotland - you're not actually scottish are you - so you would have been an old mascot!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I think being a mascot is made up. As I think you've only moved recently to Scotland - you're not actually scottish are you - so you would have been an old mascot!

You're too clever for this game, Curb_It! Yes, made up the mascot one - never been a mascot in my life, but I did present the Tennent's Scottish Amateur Cup at Hampden in 1991 when Mr Weegie worked for the sponsors. Your turn?
  • hmmm give me a few mins.
  • edited June 2007
    1. I once met Bill Clinton and shook his hand and told him he was doing a good job.

2. I saw an ex footballer in a nightclub wave his willy about and then went on to nick a girl in the club false set of front teeth and attach them to the end of penis.

3. I shook Lady Diana's hand when i saw her shopping in Kensington.
  • 1. Got into a fight with Ian Brown
    2. Been told to f**k off by Ian Rush
    3. Took a wicket on television
  • I reckon number three is a lie.
  • Number 2 is bollox - you've never been to a nightclub
  • 1. I'm on first name terms with the Bishop of London
    2. I'm related to Kim Wilde
    3. I once undertook a VAT inspection on Des O'Connor
  • A. I was thrown out of trafalgar square for stealing a banana
    B. I have arm wrestled with a female film star
    C. I was once an extra in the bill when they filmed in my street
  • Sponsored links:

• i know Curb It's lie so will keep quiet.

I reckon Peakie's lie is taking a wicket on television
  • if you're answering you should say who's your guessing.. might make it clearer.

Off_It i think no. 3 is a lie.
  • edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]A. I was thrown out of trafalgar square for stealing a banana
    B. I have arm wrestled with a female film star
    C. I was once an extra in the bill when they filmed in my street

No. 2 i reckon kigelia?

mine are easy for those that know me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    No. 2 i reckon kigelia?

mine are easy for those that know me.

that one is actually true.
  • i think the extra in the bill is a lie
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    Off_It i think no. 3 is a lie.

Incorrect. I went through his books about 12 years ago - just after he'd got divorced. Was very interesting. Obviously I had to ask questions about the settlement, etc.
  • edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]1. I'm on first name terms with the Bishop of London
    2. I'm related to Kim Wilde
    3. I once undertook a VAT inspection on Des O'Connor

got to be Kim Wilde !
  • edited June 2007
    1 I have a relative who has played International Rugby Union for England

2 I have snogged Tracey Ullman

3 I have been to a Garden Party at Buckingham Palace and met the Queen
  • edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    got to be Kim Wilde !

Incorrect. My old man is related to Marti Wilde, her old man - although gawd knows what that makes me to her!

Wanna try again?
  • why is no one trying to guess mine?!

Valley - i bet youve not snogged Tracy Ullman?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]1. I once met Bill Clinton and shook his hand and told him he was doing a good job.

2. I saw an ex footballer in a nightclub wave his willy about and then went on to nick a girl in the club false set of front teeth and attach them to the end of penis.

2 sounds so absurd it's probably true, so I go for 1.
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Number 2 is bollox - you've never been to a nightclub

That was a guess for you Curb it
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]1. I once met Bill Clinton and shook his hand and told him he was doing a good job.

I reckon number one is the lie B
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i think the extra in the bill is a lie

it is indeed. They did film it in the street I lived in when I was at college, right outside our front garden, but I did not manage to blag a place in the background.

curb It. I reckon number three is a lie. the second one sounds too strange to be made up and I reckon it would be harder to get close to diana than Clinton.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]why is no one trying to guess mine?!

Valley - i bet youve not snogged Tracy Ullman?

Incorrect...I know her Aunt and Uncle and twenty odd years ago she used to attend their parties in Charlton, just up the road from Blackheath Rugby Club.

i would like to say that a footballer did that with his Hampton! lol But i would say the lady Di one is false!

[cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]1. Got into a fight with Ian Brown

The ian brown one, its gotta be false
    rushey telling you to eff orf is whey believable
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Number 2 is bollox - you've never been to a nightclub[/quote]

That was a guess for you Curb it[/quote]

yes but it wasnt a serious guess.

Kigelia and MCS are correct, three is totally made up... the rest is true.
  • edited June 2007
    Whoops...
  • Valley_McMoist - I think number 1 is a lie.
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]1. Got into a fight with Ian Brown

The ian brown one, its gotta be false
    rushey telling you to eff orf is whey believable

Yeah you're right MSC - it actually happened to one of my mates after one of his gigs

I annoyed Ian Rush in a nightclub by constantly asking him how many goals he's scored past Charlton in his career, and I did a caught and bowled that got shown on John Cravens Newsround!!