Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Comments

• Options
    Would be interesting to compare away following for each game.
    Not sure it would tell you much. Us & Millwall will sell whatever we are given. Palace don't go to Millwall
    We were far from selling out last time we played at selhurst!

• Options
    Micky mouse club with comedy attendances, only going one way
  • Options
    Palace once had 750 fans at the new pen,nothing beats that
  • Options
    Palace once had 750 fans at the new pen,nothing beats that

To be fair it was a school night and there was double geography first thing the next day.

• Options
    lol there is that.
  • Options
    I occassionally post on this forum and I am amazed to find they slated us for only bringing 400 to Halifax.

This was my reply.

"Pretty pathetic you criticizing us for bring 400 when you can't even
    beat our home attendence. Our last home game was 17,486 against Preston
    and Preston's away attendence was poor. You can't even beat us with
    Millwall and they must have filled in your away section.
    Funny how you decided to copy our idea of the wonderful 'Eagles
    Express' coaches from kent when you been slating us for years over it.
    Simon Jordan will be proud "

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=116666
  • Options
    If I'm honest Disco, I don't think you're doing us any favours on there.
  • Options
    If I'm honest Disco, I don't think you're doing us any favours on there.
    Why's that???????
  • Options
    Just seems all a bit childish to me. If it's done well it can work, but all that just seems like a bunch of kids name calling. You need to be a bit more subtle about it to really get them all on the hook.
  • Options
    Just seems all a bit childish to me. If it's done well it can work, but all that just seems like a bunch of kids name calling. You need to be a bit more subtle about it to really get them all on the hook.
    I just find it pathetic they slate us for attendences when clearly our attendence this season has been larger than Palace's. Also, they have been slating us for ages picking up fans from Kent when they are now doing the same and yet they now think it is a good idea when they introduced it.

I don't find it childish, it is just banter and pride when it comes to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Dont really think we would take many more to be honest either if we
    could match charltons home criwds that would be a start its seems to me
    that their fans are a bit more loyal on the whole crowds held up very
    well even when they were struggling in league one as thousands of our
    fans dissapeared!"

Honest reply from them. Shame none of them can admit that the coaches are exactly the same.
  • Options
    our away support is poor, numbers wise and our home support is impressive
  • Options
    Would be interesting to compare away following for each game.
    Not sure it would tell you much. Us & Millwall will sell whatever we are given. Palace don't go to Millwall
    We were far from selling out last time we played at selhurst!

I was there and it seemed pretty full to me

• Options

Really Oohaah, why have you never mentioned it before? ;-)
  • Options

Palace's next away league game will show their travelling fans potential - a cold tuesday night in Barnsley on 6th December..

"Have just received my Barnsley ticket which cost £16,granted its not a "glamour "game.

The box office told me today that they have sold "4" yes "four" tickets."

Yet they still have a pop at our travelling support.

• Options

Really Oohaah, why have you never mentioned it before? ;-)
    lol
  • Options
    Just had a look at that eagles express thing,cringeworthy.
  • Options
    I'd like to think that we'll come close to that attendance tonight even though we're playing a division below, against a team from yorkshire, on a monday night, live on sky.

As for the palace fan who tried to justify our superior attendances by stating that we give away loads of freebies to schools etc, I think you'll find there's not alot of clubs that don't do this. If palace don't, maybe there's just one of the many reasons why their support is shit as they're not looking forward towards building up a future fanbase.
  • Options
    Palace must give up free tickets, they play quite an important role in their community. If they don't, shame on them.
  • Options
    They do, they had a massive freebie day about a month ago, remember seeing it on the FL show! Think they got a crowd of around 16,000 for it. Think it was against Bristol City!

By all accounts, our crowd for tonight has already passed their saturday crowd!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swings and roundabouts, if we're being honest they've got a better away support than we do. Think the fact their home ground is a dump affects them massively.
  • Options
    So let's sum it up:

Palace played millwall- distance of 6 miles

Charlton played Huddersfield - Distance of 214 miles

Palace played on a saturday afternoon

Charlton played on a Monday night

The only way to see the Palace match was to attend it

To watch Charlton you could sit in the comfort of your living room or the local bar.

Palace play in the Championship

Charlton play in League 1

After all these facts in favour of the stripey one's, we still attract a crowd of over 3000 more than them. And before they start bleating on about us giving tickets to schools, I can't imagine that was the case tonight as the little angels have to be up in the morning.

Sometimes it's nice to have a little gloat. ;-)
  • Options
    Swings and roundabouts, if we're being honest they've got a better away support than we do. Think the fact their home ground is a dump affects them massively.
    Hows that "swings and roundabouts"?

Even in a higher division they haven't got "better aways support than we do" - even though we know ours is shite.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    We took 1.4k there in 2004, although that said the 1.4 was much better than the 2 times since when we took almost double that.

A lot of theirs don't bother with their home games, prefer to go on the road. Which is why they tend to sell out their allocation a fair few times a season, e.g. Somewhere like Watford. We tend to sell out if it's a new ground, even when we were in the Championship we still struggled to shift the full amount at places like QPR if we had played them regularly.

Nothing to be ashamed about as every club is different, hence the swings and roundabouts comment. Every club has different strengths and weaknesses. Would say one of our stronger points as a club is the initiatives Cafc takes to boost home attendances and get walk up support, yet we don't travel as well as we should.

Would say CPFC definately are years behind with terms of PR with the local fanbase, but tend to travel especially to the local matches better than we have in recent times. That said I'd imagine the form this year could get a lot of former away travellers interested again as Brentford showed.
  • Options
    There's not much difference in our away support. Neither take great numbers outside of London. We've always taken loads to Watford but the prices QPR charged it's no surprised that so many gave it a miss.

15k for a local derby is shocking though, especially when they're having such a great season. millwall will have more at the new den.
  • Options
    Agreed we do take a reasonable number to Watford but can't remember us selling out at places like that a lot of times. Personally it's one of my favourite trips but I do remember us taking 1.2 or so in the Championship.

Qpr do charge high prices yet CPFC do have the ability to sell out allocations like that regardless of the price. That said I saw the ultras are boycotting Whufc as it's £45 or so a ticket!

15k is shocking, as well as 11k for Bristol a couple of weeks back. But I think they as a club have shot themselves in a foot massively with their home match policies.

• Options
    Look guys, can we stop knocking the palace home crowd..it's not big and it's not clever...
  • Options
    Look guys, can we stop knocking the palace home crowd..it's not big and it's not clever...
    Like a retarded midget?
  • Options
    That said I saw the ultras are boycotting Whufc as it's £45 or so a ticket!

"the ultras" !

Have a word with yourself.
  • Options
    Hence the '!', they are the biggest muppets ever to grace a football ground.