Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FOR SALE - 4 x Black and White Framed Charlton pictures

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Thanks again to TCE and BDL for these framed photos donated to the CL/Bromley Addicks Auction for the CAFC Academy.  We've already raised (when the late payers cough up over £2,300)

Usual auction rules.  Winner will need to collect or pay postage.  Auction ends on Friday 25 November at 5.00pm

Some great pics of ye olden days that would make great presents for Christmas or just look good on the walls of your home/office.

Lot A  1921/2 team squad pictured on the Valley pitch with the Cliff (Later the Heights/East Terrace/Stand) behind them.  This was the Club's first season in the football league 90 years ago.   Some minor marks on the frame.  15.5' x 12.5'   Opening bid £8

Lot B  Charlton fans on their way to one of the 40s cup finals.  Rumours that they are Oggy, Len and Fanny can not be confirmed.  In very good condition other than some scuffs on the frame  11.5'  x 12.5'  Opening bid £5

Lot C  FA Cup Winning Squad posing with the trophy.  A plastic wood-look frame in very good condition  14.5' x 12.5'  Opening bid £3

Lot D   A photo I don't think I have ever seen before of the Valley during a game in what I guess is the 40s or 50s.   The photo appears to have been taken outside the ground from roughly where Valiant House is now although if anyone can confirm/correct that I'd be delighted.

Wonderful view of the old Covered End and beyond to industrial Charlton.  14.5' x 12.5' and in very good condition bar one scuff on wooden frame.  Opening bid £12

Happy Bidding although I would be more than happy if there were no bids on A & D so I can keep them for myself

imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    Lot D   A photo I don't think I have ever seen before of the Valley during a game in what I guess is the 40s or 50s.   The photo appears to have been taken outside the ground from roughly where Valiant House is now although if anyone can confirm/correct that I'd be delighted.

It looks like it could be taken from the area between Sam Bartram Close (just behind Valliant House) and Lansdowne Mews. There's still a small area of greenery just past the houses in Sam Bartram Close. My guess is that's roughly where the photographer stood.
  • Options
    I think D would have been at the top of 'the heights' at the clifftop
  • Options
    Cheers PU, I thought it had to around there somewhere.

No floodlights so pre-63, completed East Terrace so post late 20s/Early 30s   There is a similar photo but taken from a different spot in Battle for the Valley which say 50s.
  • Options
    I think D would have been at the top of 'the heights' at the clifftop
    Maybe but we are looking at the Cupboard End/North Stand and can see the East Terrace to the right.
  • Options

Lot B £8

Lot D £15

• Options
    Lot A £10
  • Options
    Lot A £10 HWakefield

Lot B  £8 Wheresmeticket

Lot C No bids yet

Lot D £15 Wheresmeticket

Cheers guys
  • Options
    The Mr Bruce and pals in Lot B bother me. Why haven't they got any knickers on, was it some sort of weird Football League initiation rite?
  • Options

Hi Henry.

Good luck with this one.

I will bid £25 for each item.

• Options
    £30 for A
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £32 for A
  • Options
    Cheers guys and especially Del

A £32 Stilladdickted

B £25 Delroofer

C £25 Delroofer

D £25 Delroofer
  • Options

A £35

D £27

• Options
    A £35 Stonemuse

B £25 Delroofer

C £25 Delroofer

D £27 Stonemuse
  • Options
    Lot D £30
  • Options
    Blimey. I'm out.
  • Options

Some heavy bidding on these already.

A £35 Stonemuse

B £25 Delroofer

C £25 Delroofer

D £30 Addickted
  • Options
    A- £40
  • Options
    D £35
  • Options
    wow

A £40 HWakefield

B £25 Delroofer

C £25 Delroofer

D £35  Stone Muse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A)  £50

• Options
    woaah. Steady on!
  • Options

Sorry!

It is for a good cause.

• Options
    d) £37
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Sorry!

It is for a good cause.

de nada. Never thought I would regret ordering a case of Talisker two days ago. Lovely photograph.
  • Options

Good cause indeed.   Steve Kavanagh will be spending the money already : - ) Thanks everyone

A £50 Delroofer

B £25 Delroofer

C £25 Delroofer

D £37  Strasburger

• Options
    Popular auction ... no surprise

D £40
  • Options

cheers SM

A £50 Delroofer

B £25 Delroofer

C £25 Delroofer

D £40 Stonemuse

• Options

Too rich for my blood.

And because of that....I'm out.

• Options

Too rich for my blood.

And because of that....I'm out.

Start saving the next lot of framed pictures/drawings is my advice.