Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sexy Shorts

edited October 2011 in General Charlton
Remember when the team used to wear these?

Comments

• wore the blue ones once in a boxing fight in basingstoke once as forgot my real shorts,my bollocks kept coming out the side
  • it was a dinner show as well
  • it was a dinner show as well

Was meat and two veg on the menu?

• lovely image :-)  did you win?
  • nope lost to a future european champion
  • he stopped near all his opponents am and pro but like lamotta he never put me down
  • wow, sincerely something  to be proud of.
  • spoke to him about bollockgate few months back,he never saw them out of the shorts but did say i had a big forehead
  • don't boxers wear a box of some sort to give them protection from low blows
  • Sponsored links:

• usually after your 15 you have to wear them but think i didnt bother till i was about 16
  • edited October 2011
    You think those shorts were bad!  In my 1947 Charlton vs Preston programme it states that the players were wearing knickers!!!
  • I think they wore knickers until the early to mid 60s.
  • The top right hand side of that programme page also mentions 'Football Commandos' !!

Might have had the same problem as Nolly

• Loving the old 2-3-5 formation.

Imagine it now:  

RB-Solly    LB-Wiggins

RH-Morrison    CH-Taylor     LH-Hughes

OR-Green  IR-Hollands  CF-BWP  IL-Kermit   OL-Jacko.

Attack ,attack, attack, it's the way forward surely. !

• Loving the old 2-3-5 formation.

Imagine it now:  

RB-Solly    LB-Wiggins

RH-Morrison    CH-Taylor     LH-Hughes

OR-Green  IR-Hollands  CF-BWP  IL-Kermit   OL-Jacko.

Attack ,attack, attack, it's the way forward surely. !

You mean you don't think 2-3-5 and think Green is outside right?
  • The next match was a 3.15 kick off. Was that because of TV?    

;-)

• Sponsored links:

• edited October 2011
    RalphMilnesgut said 'The next match was a 3.15 kick off. Was that because of TV?'

Sorry to be a smart arse but even if live football had been televised then it is highly unlikely they would have covered a midweek Football Combination (reserves) Cup Fixture.   
  • I think kick offs moved with daylight hours with 3.15 being as late as they ever got (certainly no 5.15 kick offs). Kick offs in winter were often 2.00 or 2.15. I remember the floodlights going up - I would guess around 1960 (someone must know) and then kick offs started to standardise as 3pm.
  • RalphMilnesgut said 'The next match was a 3.15 kick off. Was that because of TV?'

Sorry to be a smart arse but even if live football had been televised then it is highly unlikely they would have covered a midweek Football Combination (reserves) Cup Fixture.   
    Why is it unlikely - There weres very few other TV programmes not even Corrie had started yet. This seems like a prime game for coverage.
  • edited October 2011
    Surely not our reserves v Leyton Orient reserves, especially as the game was scheduled for 5th March 1947 which was a Wednesday afternoon!