Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Star signs

In fun and jokes so let's not get too heavy on a Friday afternoon.

So my 12 year old is asked to provide some info for his IT log on at School.

One of the questions was "Star Sign?" to which he responded "what does that mean?" as he'd never heard of them before.

I remember in my youth they seemed quite popular and people would ask you "what sign are you?" and attribute particular personalities to you as a result.

So, have they now been almost forgotten or do they still play a part in people's lives.   And what is CL's favourite Star Sign?   Is there a pattern?

And for the record Joe's filled in the form as "don't believe in that rubbish" and me, I'm a Taurus.

Comments

• Libra (I think)
  • Libra, but didnt they come out with all this rubbish about the star signs changing a year or two ago?
  • My missus and the bird next door are pretty much best mates. Apparently this is entirely because they are both Geminis, and has nothing to do with the fact that they both like to drink wine by the gallon whilst gossiping about our other neighbours.

I'm a Capricorn, which I believe has something to do with goats.

• That's a shame, I thought we'd picked up a goodun.
  • That's a shame, I thought we'd picked up a goodun.
    I had to get people to open the thread : - )
  • edited October 2011

As the saying goes........."Never play leap-frog with a Unicorn."

I'm Capricorn............................................ of course.

Well that's 'almost' a Unicorn.

• edited October 2011
    3 Libras in a row... that's got to mean something... we're definitely going to win tomorrow as we're currently 'in' Libra

EDIT: Smiley face/safety wink etc etc :)
  • So Libra seems to be the early winner here.
  • Taurus here and also an Ox in the Chinese system, which apparently means I'm the most stubborn bastard on the planet.

Along with every other bugger born within a few weeks of me...
  • Sponsored links:

• Scorpio. 
  • Taurus here and also an Ox in the Chinese system, which apparently means I'm the most stubborn bastard on the planet.

Along with every other bugger born within a few weeks of me...
    Ditto
  • Cancer, means f**k all to me!
  • Leo. As is the missus.

OOOOH

• Capricorn
  • I'm a Sagiattarian and I sometimes read them or if having a chat with some ladies at work I will ask them to read em to me but its all a load of testicles, When i used to have a more interest in them  they used to say "I am in debt etc". Same as tarrot reading... I never and still don't believe in all that BS. I went with my late friend Tina (who died this last New Years Eve bless her cotton socks) and she took me once (think i was more interested in going for a beer after with her) to one in Gants Hill (is that pronounced right). and paid me money and thought during it it was all BS as some if it on all probability it would have happened anyway. Then she said to me a few weeks later "That fortune teller we aw she is hepling police with their enquiries" and I responded "I bet she is the thieving woman" and sure enought there she is, she showed me a newspaper articcle and she was in it an police were using her ot try and track down a murderer.. still don't believer it to be honest or star signs.. I feel you are fated to what happens and only YOU can change the course of your life but I also believe in Karma, what goes round comes around.. Right, now baclk to my Baileys

• Scorpio, I quite like this although I know it's a load of nonsense.

"Think lucky and you'll be lucky"
  • It depends on what star signs we're talking about here.

Im aquarius but follow my Hindu wife's methods I'm an ascendant of Mesha which makes me Aries, and my moon sign is Dhanue (Sagittarius). Apparently my birth star is Nakshtra.

Glad we've got that cleared up!

• So what Star sign is he then?

Capricorn. He is the son of God. King of the Jews!

So that's Capricorn is it?

• Sponsored links:

• Virgo. As is the missus.

"Virgo is considered a 'feminine' or passive (introvert) sign.[5] This gives the characteristics of being reflective and receptive to the ideas of others. This passivity, accompanied by a flair for discrimination and eloquence with words has given Virgos a reputation for civility and good manners. They are said to have a talent for projects which require precision and detail, and to excel at skills and crafts which require patience and exactitude. On the negative, they are highly sensitive to perceived criticism, and can appear to worry unduly about the need to make things as perfect as they can be.[6]:21 Joanna Watters (2003) defined a keyphrase for this sign as "I serve", and summarises the Virgo reputation for over-analysing emotions by saying:"One of the Virgo lessons in life is to learn that to err is human, to forgive divine, especially when it comes to love.[6]:21 Martin Seymour-Smith (1981) suggested that appropriate keywords for this sign include:[7]

Discrimination, analysis, calculation, loyalty, tidiness, hypochondria, the cutting out of the useless and wasteful."

• I was waiting for someone else to own to being a Virgo first
  • I think they're all total crap, but maybe that's just the Leo in me.
  • I think they're all total crap, but maybe that's just the Leo in me.
    I am not so sure although I cannot make my mind up, thats the Libra in me 
  • Aquarius, couldn't give a toss though.
  • I'll bet money that AFKA is a Lepricorn.
  • Taurus here, load of old bull really
  • I've thought about it, and on the balance of things, I'm a Libra.
  • I was waiting for someone else to own to being a Virgo first
    Feminist
  • edited October 2011

I don't believe in horoscopes, that is all bull. But I do think that people of the same sign share certain characteristics. I'm an Aquarian.

Traditional Aquarian Traits - Friendly and humanitarian; Honest and loyal; Original and inventive; Independent and intellectual

On the dark side....Intractable and contrary; Perverse and unpredictable; Unemotional and detached