Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JPT Quick Quiz *****Spoiler now with answers*****

Some quick fun.  No googling and then posting the answers.  And if I've got the wrong answers forgive me : - )

1.  Johnstones are the 7th sponsor of the Associate Memmbers/Football League Trophy
Name the other six.

2.  Name the five current premier league clubs who have won the trophy (under any of its names)

3. Who were the first winners in 1983/4

4. Which current Charlton player played in the 2009 final

5. What was the score and who were the opponents in Charlton's first ever game in this competition?

6. Who were the scorers that day?

Comments

• 1. LDV, Auto Windscreens
  • 1. Freight Rover?

• 1. LDV, Auto Windscreens
    both correct
  • 1. Freight Rover?

Yes, 3 down, 3 to go.
  • 1. Zenith Data Systems
  • 1. Zenith Data Systems
    No, that was the Full members cup as was.
  • 1. Zenith Data Systems
    Oh yeah, Palace's only "major" trophy was the Zenith Data Systems Cup I believe.
  • 1. Zenith Data Systems
    Oh yeah, Palace's only "major" trophy was the Zenith Data Systems Cup I believe.
    That's a very loose definition of "major" even for them : - )
  • 4. Paul Hayes for Scunthorpe against Luton?

• 4. Paul Hayes for Scunthorpe against Luton?

Correct
  • Sponsored links:

• 2.swansea
    wigan (paul rogers in the last min against millwall)
  • 2. Wigan beat the Spanners a few years back in front of 50,000 gormless daytrippers. West Brom? Fulham?
  • Swansea, wigan, fulham, Norwich, Manchester city?
  • 2.swansea
    wigan (paul rogers in the last min against millwall)
    both correct
    2. Wigan beat the Spanners a few years back in front of 50,000 gormless daytrippers. West Brom? Fulham?
    correct about the gormless but not WBA or Fulham
  • Swansea, wigan, fulham, Norwich, Manchester city?
    correct on these 2
  • 2. Bolton?

5. 4-1 against Barnet

6. Wagstaff, Tuna?

• As Scunny were in the 09 final (think they won it but not sure without peeking) I'd guess at Paul Hayes as the member of our current squad to play in it.

Also recall this being called the Frieght rover cup and the sherpa van cup (not 100% about the latter though).

Bournemouth were the first winners. someone told me this this a few months ago and for some reason stuck in my head.

As for Premier clubs to have won it, can only think of Stoke. A stoke supporting work colleague was bragging about this at work, think it was the same season we went up as champs but not totally sure.

It scares me that I know more than I should about a competition I care so little about. :-(
  • Stoke and wolves? Properly guessing, I just picked 5 teams who had been in the third tier before earlier
  • 1. Leyland Daf and I think Autoglass?
  • Nearly plumped for Birmingham.....then I remembered where they are now. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2011
    1.  Johnstones are the 7th sponsor of the Associate Memmbers/Football League Trophy
    Name the other six.  In order Freight Rover, Sherpa Van, Leyland Daf, Autoglass, Auto Windscreens, LDV Vans

2.  Name the five current premier league clubs who have won the trophy (under any of its names)
    Swansea, Wigan, Wolves, Bolton, Stoke  (Birmingham and Blackpool are two more ex-prem teams)

3. Who were the first winners in 1983/4
    it was Bournemouth

4. Which current Charlton player played in the 2009 final
    Paul Hayes was on the losing side to Luton. They won on Pens

5. What was the score and who were the opponents in Charlton's first ever game in this competition?
    4 - 1 Barnet is correct

6. Who were the scorers that day?
    Waggy, Tuna, Bailey, McLeod

Impressive or sad how much you all know : - )
  • 6. Pretty sure a CB headed in a corner, but struggling to remember who it was - Llera?
  • Were the other scorers against Barnet Bailey and Burton?
  • Lloyd Sam?
  • Bailey was one, None of the others are correct. Wasn't a CB
  • McLeod I think was one.

• McLeod I think was one.

He was indeed.  Took a big deflection as I remember but I thought "maybe he'll come good and show what he's really capable of"

I think I was wrong!
  • Bailey was one, None of the others are correct. Wasn't a CB
    Think I got confused with the Stockport League cup game around the same time.

Didn't McLeod also miss a pen in the Barnet match