Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

End of the line club

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]cant believe people actually do this! and i thought i was thick!

thick eh?

i think most of us can still manage to navigate our way through London Bridge Train or TUBE station while completely mangled tho.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]cant believe people actually do this! and i thought i was thick!

thick eh?

i think most of us can still manage to navigate our way through London Bridge Train or TUBE station while completely mangled tho.

lol B
  • edited June 2007
    I mentioned this to Ollie on Monday and he broke out in a cold sweat and started swearing..... ;-)
  • This is one of my favorite threads so far, excellent. not just me!!!!

I got on the train at strood planning to go to gillingham it stopped for ages at rochester and i fell asleep. It must have gone to the end of the line and came back. My eyes opened and i could see a sign for rochester and thought jeez we haven't moved yet. Then i heard the whistle and it went the wrong way. When i looked at my watch it was hours later.

Another funny story,

When i was at college. A friend and i where on our way to maidstone we had to change at strood. When the train stopped i got off but my mate pissed about letting people on first. he left his bag in his seat. As we all know the doors are set on a timer. When the warning noise went off i saw him run for the doors with a panic look on his face. The doors shut right in front of him. I was on my back laughing all i could do was wave goodbye. It was the fast service to london.
    He turned up at college about 4 hours later to a chorus of W**ker!W**ker!W**ker!
  • I did the same thing many, many years ago. I was trying to get to Barnehurst but woke up in Gillingham, I think it was, on the way back from the coast.
  • I used to be a right one for this. Have woken up in far too many places than I'd care to remember - Rochester, Gillingham, Hayes, Seven Sisters, Orpington, Dartford, Sevenoaks, Sutton, Mill Hill, Strood, Morden, .......... - and all trying to get home to New Eltham!

When I think of all the money i've wasted on cab fares over the years ............ *shakes head*

Worst place to wake up has got to be Stone Crossing (which I've done twice). There's just nothing there.
  • Woke up in Higham one thursday night after a few in the City...

Also a mate of mine got on a night bus outside the Venue, fell asleep and woke up a few hours later....yep, going back past the Venue
  • edited June 2007
    Mate of mine heading for Northampton after a Rockabilly all-dayer in Birmingham. Woke up going through Watford heading back the other way in the morning, having slept on the train in the sidings at Euston all night without waking up...
  • edited June 2007
    Gravesend when i wanted Abbey Wood only got woken up by 2 other drunks falling of the train otherwise god knows were i would of ebded up
    Walked back to Dartford and managed to get a cab from there

No F****er would take me in Gravesend?? i was smartly dressed and only merry no peed as a fart i tried all sorts
  • In the old days of manual doors, I woke up with a start at Woolwich Arsenal, not too bad aiming for Westcombe Park, however I then proceeded to get off the wrong side of the train hitting the track from 8 feet and narrowly missing frying myself on the third rail.....
  • Sponsored links:

• CityAddicks - 20th September 2007

Shame i fell asleep on the train and the bloody station staff didnt check every carriage for people and locked the doors with me in there.

Luckily i managed to shout through the windows for someone to come and let me out!
  • Hur hur hur

Feeling tender today then dear?
  • Ah, excellent stuff, I was away when this thread first appeared. WSS, where did you wake up?

Incredibly, I've never done it on a train, except for one night waking up after a long day at work at Canning Town on the Jubilee Line. Which doesn't really count.

Used to do it on night buses a bit - the day I handed my dissertation in at college I got pissed to celebrate, fell asleep on the old N77 and was turfed off at a stop in Thamesmead in the middle of nowhere, which sobered me up pretty sharpish. A couple of times I nodded off on the N1 only time find the driver had been nice enough to let me snooze on, and I was just approaching home coming the other way.
    Worst place to wake up has got to be Stone Crossing (which I've done twice). There's just nothing there.

I've always wondered about that place!
  • A fellow Charlton supporter who shall remain nameless(not me) on the day of the dennis in the last minute game,left the pub on london bridge station to get the train to selhurst somewhat drunk walked the wrong way got on a train home to grove park fell asleep,woke up in orpington got on another train the wrong way and woke up in hastings at quarter to five in the evening.

And during the days at upton park another poor soul going home to reading fell asleep on the last train and ended up in exeter!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Worst place to wake up has got to be Stone Crossing (which I've done twice). There's just nothing there.

Two people got off at Stone Crossing by mistake after the match on Tuesday - me and my brother had a chuckle!!! We used to live about 2 mins walk away from the station - there is nothing there, ticket office only open for about 30 mins in the mornings so no staff and the nearest cab office is in Dartford! - definitely the wrong station to get off at unless you live there.
  • stone station ha yes i know what you mean
  • WSSWSS
    edited September 2007
    luckily it was Dartford - my stop.

I wasnt that drunk to be honest, just shattered!
  • i have never done this whilst drunk but have on numerous occasions completely forgot to get off the train at my stop. Did it the other week at greenhithe when I had arranged for the wife to pick me up there, the phone call as the train rolled on towards gravesend was not pleasant.

I used to work with a guy who did it all the time. including my all time favourite of ending up in Edinburgh after failing to get off a train at Newcastle.
  • Does anyone remember the old night bus that used to go to Gravesend and the Medways? I was terrified of falling asleep on that one. (I did once, but woke up at Welling, and was relieved...)
  • I always stand up espcially living where I do now (not that I go out on the piss that much). If I fall asleep on my bloody line could end up in Horsham or Brighton.

Mate of mine before the 1-0 Paul Kitson Palace game disappeared at London Bridge on the way to the game none of us could find him and he ended up in Hastings - turned out he had to change trains to do that as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• '(I did once, but woke up at Welling, and was relieved...)'

The things that go on on nightbuses!
  • Woz supposed to get off at swanley bunch of mates were on same train further down.It woz last train of night,they see me asleep as they walk past and start banging on window to wake me up,which i do just as train starts to pull away,next stop Chatham and £40 cab fare home.
  • not an 'end of the line' but........
    a mate broke our 'no sleep' rule on way back from a game so we tied his shoe laces around the leg of the seat he was in.
    train arrives at eltham, (where we were all getting off), we get off the train and as the doors start to beep to shut, we shout to wake him up. he panics, tries to run only to fall flat on his face. in the process he tightens the knot so much, it took him to bexleyheath to untie it. tears of laughter from us and other people on the train.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]not an 'end of the line' but........
    a mate broke our 'no sleep' rule on way back from a game so we tied his shoe laces around the leg of the seat he was in.
    train arrives at eltham, (where we were all getting off), we get off the train and as the doors start to beep to shut, we shout to wake him up. he panics, tries to run only to fall flat on his face. in the process he tightens the knot so much, it took him to bexleyheath to untie it. tears of laughter from us and other people on the train.
    what a great story - bet he wears velcro now
  • that's brilliant PBS !!!
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]not an 'end of the line' but........

Class!!!
  • I woke up in Ashford once after a session following a game vs Forest - that was the first match of the season at Selhurst, so circa 1986.
  • Nearly missed my stop - was travelling to Cambridge on an early morning early saturday morning train and nodded off on a class 142 (how this is possible still baffles me). I just woke up as the guard was about to lock the rear doors at Retford where I had to change.
  • The wife's bra ended up in Bournemouth once....................
    It was a Christmas pressie and I left it in the luggage rack along with dinner which was an M&S steak & kidney pud, phoned Bournemouth and they sent the bra back to Winchester but I never saw the s&k pud!