Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Scott Appointed Technical Director

Comments

• Options

I don't doubt Methven Scott and Appleton all want the same thing.

The problem as I see it is they appear to have very differing views on how to get there!

Which could be a problem.
    I would like to see Methven at a Bromley Addicks meeting with 'off the floor' questions given.

Are people allowed to ask their questions directly and unfiltered at such meetings, with an opportunity to follow up the answers?
  • Options
    We are turning into a football club run by a Public Relations company. 

The worse the reality gets, the thicker the spin. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    "I’m sick of everyone saying to me: ‘What a great club it is’. We’re not a great club. We have been a great club, but we need to be a great club again and need to find a way of getting there. We are a big club that should be embarrassed where we are and the way things have happened at this football club."

“I’m embarrassed that we have lost five games – it shouldn’t happen. We should never accept it, certainly not a club we want to progress and be successful."

“Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the club hasn’t driven elite performance here and this is what happens – things go wrong."

Alright Mr. Scott, you're almost winning me over, but it will take more than words. 
    Buying some decent players would be a start, instead of scraping around on the last day of the window to bring in a bunch of inexperienced kids.

Andy Scott has been at a few decent clubs, Brentford for one, so i've no doubt he knows what a club needs to do to be successful. The question for me is will the owners actually give him the necessary funds to do so? 
  • Options
    They’re supposedly Billionaires.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    For a regime that keeps saying they will use actions rather than words, I’m hearing a lot more words than I’m seeing actions. Scott now seems to just be repeating the same interview soundbites every week 
    Talk is cheap, much like our squad. When Holden was saying that we needed another striker (as most of us agreed with) the owners/smt sat on their hands until the last day of the window & then brought in an unproven striker who wasn't exactly a big success in this division last season. In what way was Holden being supported ? Oh but don't blame scott as he only came in on 26th July or whenever. So from February until the end of July scott totally removed himself from anything to do with us even though methven etc were the only show in town & it was only a matter of time before they took over & we all assumed he would be returning. Just bullshit. 
    By what, realistic, comparison is our squad cheap?

Is it cheaper than the teams we play against?  Because that's the only meaningful comparison.

I would guess that the only team we have played this season that cost more than ours is Peterborough and, as we know, that was funded by player sales.
    Of our 18 man squad on saturday only 2 cost a fee. Of the out of contract players signed only Dobson has consistently shown the quality needed, Thomas & Blackett Taylor are decent if a bit inconsistent (all of course signed before this mob came in), others Hector has been poor after a few decent games last season while some we brought in still aren't even fit !!! We have a group of very promising youngsters but I think it's far too early for them to be thrown into every game. Our loans possibly too early to tell but again most are inexperienced. We were told money is not a problem & we intend to bring in the best players possible to ensure we are challenging for promotion. Who have we bought Alfie May (who it is alleged a sponsor had to cough up extra cash or otherwise he wouldn't be signed) & Jones. If Jones is the answer we may as well have kept Innis or O'Connell. It's a poor squad constructed on the cheap & may I add it absolutely looks it.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The problem as I see it is they appear to have very differing views on how to get there!

I would like to see Methven at a Bromley Addicks meeting with 'off the floor' questions given.

Are people allowed to ask their questions directly and unfiltered at such meetings, with an opportunity to follow up the answers?
    From the meetings I have been to, yes.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    For a regime that keeps saying they will use actions rather than words, I’m hearing a lot more words than I’m seeing actions. Scott now seems to just be repeating the same interview soundbites every week 
    Talk is cheap, much like our squad. When Holden was saying that we needed another striker (as most of us agreed with) the owners/smt sat on their hands until the last day of the window & then brought in an unproven striker who wasn't exactly a big success in this division last season. In what way was Holden being supported ? Oh but don't blame scott as he only came in on 26th July or whenever. So from February until the end of July scott totally removed himself from anything to do with us even though methven etc were the only show in town & it was only a matter of time before they took over & we all assumed he would be returning. Just bullshit. 

Is it cheaper than the teams we play against?  Because that's the only meaningful comparison.

I would guess that the only team we have played this season that cost more than ours is Peterborough and, as we know, that was funded by player sales.
    Of our 18 man squad on saturday only 2 cost a fee. Of the out of contract players signed only Dobson has consistently shown the quality needed, Thomas & Blackett Taylor are decent if a bit inconsistent (all of course signed before this mob came in), others Hector has been poor after a few decent games last season while some we brought in still aren't even fit !!! We have a group of very promising youngsters but I think it's far too early for them to be thrown into every game. Our loans possibly too early to tell but again most are inexperienced. We were told money is not a problem & we intend to bring in the best players possible to ensure we are challenging for promotion. Who have we bought Alfie May (who it is alleged a sponsor had to cough up extra cash or otherwise he wouldn't be signed) & Jones. If Jones is the answer we may as well have kept Innis or O'Connell. It's a poor squad constructed on the cheap & may I add it absolutely looks it.
    How much did Stevenage spend in players in the summer?  How much wages do they pay compared to us?

It's poorly constructed but it's not cheap, the cheap loans that we scrambled about for on deadline day came from the Premier league and Seria A.  Stevenage took players on loan from us last season, and we had to supplement their wages.

It's a poor squad but it's certainly not cheap.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Thank you for this information.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:

How much did Stevenage spend in players in the summer?  How much wages do they pay compared to us?

It's poorly constructed but it's not cheap, the cheap loans that we scrambled about for on deadline day came from the Premier league and Seria A.  Stevenage took players on loan from us last season, and we had to supplement their wages.

I've no idea how much Stevenage spent nor their wage structure & I'm doubtful whether you do either. As for subsidising wages of loan players I think it's a pretty common thing & I would imagine our Premier league & Serie A loans are being subsidised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:

I've no idea how much Stevenage spent nor their wage structure & I'm doubtful whether you do either. As for subsidising wages of loan players I think it's a pretty common thing & I would imagine our Premier league & Serie A loans are being subsidised.
    Exactly so I can take a good guess at Stevenage's wage structure as we paid Gilbey to play for them last season.
  • Options
    According to Rodwell and Scott at the FF we have the 3rd or 4th biggest player budget in the division.

That doesn't automatically mean, imho, we have the 3rd or 4th best squad.
  • Options
    Appleton said that he could see after 10 minutes on Saturday what was wrong. Well Michael, join the club. If we can all see that the lack of physicality, aggression and experience is the problem, what are we paying Andy Scott for and assuming he realised it after watching 10 mins of a game why didn’t he do anything about it in the transfer window 
  • Options
    Appleton said that he could see after 10 minutes on Saturday what was wrong. Well Michael, join the club. If we can all see that the lack of physicality, aggression and experience is the problem, what are we paying Andy Scott for and assuming he realised it after watching 10 mins of a game why didn’t he do anything about it in the transfer window 
    Was this on his after match interview ?
  • Options
    He said there were 3-4 things he could see he should have done differently. You can hear his interview 30 mins into the below video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CDeLFRNDvY
  • Options
    I take it the minutes from FF will be published?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    LouisMend said:
    He said there were 3-4 things he could see he should have done differently. You can hear his interview 30 mins into the below video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CDeLFRNDvY
    Thanks Louis, I normally listen to the show but often I'm playing catch up.
  • Options
    They usually were under previous regimes but took a few days to be written up and then signed off.

Frustrating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because we could not .. due to EFL rules 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:

I'd be very surprised if we were paying much for either Abankwah or Tedic
  • Options
    Wonder if Abankwah is a cheap trial run for the Pozzos to see if he's up to English football and then he'll be at Watford next season. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    They usually were under previous regimes but took a few days to be written up and then signed off.

Frustrating.
     We had a few snippets on the OS 1 or 2 days after in the past. Not a peep yet!
    Any of the members on here?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:

The kid from Luton is costing us £500 a week 

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Croydon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:

No wonder he's not making a single save!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Croydon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:

No wonder he's not making a single save!
    Midfielder 
  • Options
    According to Rodwell and Scott at the FF we have the 3rd or 4th biggest player budget in the division.

That doesn't automatically mean, imho, we have the 3rd or 4th best squad.
    And they will have been guessing. The EFL syndicate the wage budgets among clubs in the same division  but it is the previous season’s figures.