Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Scott Appointed Technical Director

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Kips said:
    Good interviewer apparently. 

Failed in January and failed this summer unless he brings in 6-7 names in the next week. 
    I don't know Scott he might be good he might not be but it's far too early to judge him. He was reporting to Tommy boy in Jan and to say he has failed this summer when he only came in the door a month ago is plainly unfair in my opinion.

The shit show this club has been  recruitment wise goes back years now and can't be blamed on him..yet
    He knew he would be coming in when the takeover was agreed, and if any good would have been working on which players he thought would do the job, ready for when he would be appointed 
    This.

Does anyone really think the first time Scott sat down & assessed who we needed to ship out & who we needed to bring in was on July 21st when the takeover was finalised ?

I would like to think the SMT had been working on things for weeks, especially once they passed the OADT. 

Scott & Holden have been assessing & talking about players since the start of July.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Kips said:
    Good interviewer apparently. 

Failed in January and failed this summer unless he brings in 6-7 names in the next week. 
    I don't know Scott he might be good he might not be but it's far too early to judge him. He was reporting to Tommy boy in Jan and to say he has failed this summer when he only came in the door a month ago is plainly unfair in my opinion.

The shit show this club has been  recruitment wise goes back years now and can't be blamed on him..yet
    He knew he would be coming in when the takeover was agreed, and if any good would have been working on which players he thought would do the job, ready for when he would be appointed 
    This.

Does anyone really think the first time Scott sat down & assessed who we needed to ship out & who we needed to bring in was on July 21st when the takeover was finalised ?

I would like to think the SMT had been working on things for weeks, especially once they passed the OADT. 

Scott & Holden have been assessing & talking about players since the start of July.
    In Your Humble Opinion. Right?
  • Options
    Very impressed with that interview. Sets out his thoughts and plans. Very positive about the club  and wants to get it to where it belongs. Promotion is tgecsim by having a strong squad.
    Very glad he's here indeed.
    All talk & very little action. 

Talks well but most is bullshit. 
    My post you quoted is a month old and I was talking about his interview, a month on and with the benefit of hindsight, he has 4 days to live up to it. However people are allowed differing opinions! If we keep the status quo then I agree it was bullshit!
  • Options
    Like an American police officer on their first day of solo duty, it seems he's reached for his gun before giving his suspect a chance - His Training Officer would be greatly disappointed. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Like an American police officer on their first day of solo duty, it seems he's reached for his gun before giving his suspect a chance - His Training Officer would be greatly disappointed. 

• Options
    I don’t like him at the moment.
    No charm offensive and crap results don’t help to persuade me.
    Great football career of course, but why should he be trusted at Charlton?
    Scott has two or three days left to demonstrate the cut of his jib as far as I am concerned, today my position isn’t neutral or undecided but suspicious and lacking in trust.
    The only way to win me over would be promotion this season.
    Over to you Andy Scott, start delivering and don’t make any weasel excuses.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ran out of house analogys?
  • Options
    People understandably started to criticise Gallen by the end of his tenure and so far Scott has yet to significantly improve our recruitment.

Especially if the rumours are true that the decision makers did not want to sign Alfie May as I see him as our best bit of summer business other then potentially Edun. 
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    People understandably started to criticise Gallen by the end of his tenure and so far Scott has yet to significantly improve our recruitment.

Especially if the rumours are true that the decision makers did not want to sign Alfie May as I see him as our best bit of summer business other then potentially Edun. 
    everyone will have their own individual views on players.....ultimately it SHOULD be down to the Manager to decide if he wants the player in question - suspect that's pretty rare these days though
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm not into house analogies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scott probably too busy looking for a new manager to look for new players 🥴
  • Options
    All fallen apart since Gallen left! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm not into house analogies.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Scott probably too busy looking for a new manager to look for new players 🥴
    Maybe for expediency he will go the player/ manager route and claim it’s the Charlton way 😉
  • Options
    All fallen apart since Gallen left! 
    Recruitment fell apart once TD left... Just saying!
  • Options
    The best signing In recent years have been when bowyer and Gallen worked together. Bowyers repetition as a premiership midfielder attracted players to play for us. 
    Really not sure with Andy Scott very unconvincing at the moment 
  • Options
    Another good interview, comes across well. But results, not words, are needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s all about delivering though isn’t it ? With a bit of media training it easy to say the right things and deliver them well. 

Scott doesn’t seem to be too good at convincing one of the managers that they approached to take the job , instead they have appointed the cheap option who approached them ……….
  • Options
    Good interview, no action as always. 

Charlatan. 'Drive a culture of high standards' with Michael Appleton? Do me a favour. 
  • Options
    Good interview, no action as always. 

Charlatan Athletic. 'Drive a culture of high standards' with Michael Appleton? Do me a favour. 

• Options
    Don’t forget he got us Penny and Kilkenny