Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    LTKapal said:
    Scoham said:
    Could suggest a move to 3-5-2, isn’t May more of a striker who’d play with a partner that as a lone striker?
    352 is holdens preferred system 
    Re-sign Stockley
    Get Washington to partner him...
  • Options
    There were rumours that May met Holden at the training ground. I’m guessing we are bidding with the takeover groups budget, so that if we agree a fee and terms we can sign him once the takeover happens. At least that’s what I’m hoping! 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    So basically there is no set budget regardless of ownership otherwise what Rich Cawley has said would be immaterial, and throws into question the rumour that CAFC have made a bid for May. More lies ?
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Rumour that Leeds want to release Lewis Bate. 

Local boy Worth a punt?
    Him and Henry best friends but I would say I’d only want one of them as I doubt both would start. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Another target slipping through the net while the takeover’s in limbo…

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    When was the last time we made a signing that got us excited? Post Premier League days. 
    I’m not sure I can remember one, if I’m honest. Not since I’ve being paying attention, 2016.
    Gallagher was a kid. Lyle Taylor was so-so at Wimbledon. Hadn’t heard of Cullen when he joined us.
    I remember being excited by Simonsen back in ‘82.  
    Charlie Kirk... Scott Fraser...
    Alex Gilbey ...... :D

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    When was the last time we made a signing that got us excited? Post Premier League days. 
    I’m not sure I can remember one, if I’m honest. Not since I’ve being paying attention, 2016.
    Gallagher was a kid. Lyle Taylor was so-so at Wimbledon. Hadn’t heard of Cullen when he joined us.
    I remember being excited by Simonsen back in ‘82.  
    I remember when we signed Yann Kermorgant.

Charlton Life verdict: Underwhelmed.  :D

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wednesday have released right back Jack Hunt, we are in dire need of a right back and he’s one of them who plays well against us.
  • Options
    Also midfielder Dennis Adeniran could be worth a look
  • Options
    Get them two and we'll be MASSIVE.
  • Options
    So basically there is no set budget regardless of ownership otherwise what Rich Cawley has said would be immaterial, and throws into question the rumour that CAFC have made a bid for May. More lies ?
    I think old Ronnie actually spells it with two Os. M-O-O-R-E.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    thenewbie said:
    I think old Ronnie actually spells it with two Os. M-O-O-R-E.
    @RonnieMoore

• Options

Could you explain please @Callumcafc
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I am a bit slow tonight chunes

cheers for that👍
  • Options

Could you explain please @Callumcafc
    Gewoon omdat het lekker is om met Telstar nieuws.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I take it these 3 or 4 that were interviewed and lined up are now dead in the water and looking elsewhere :(
  • Options
    According to Thomas we’re aggressively recruiting for a top six finish. 
  • Options
    Again?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Dulux or Johnstones?
  • Options
    I'm surprised we havent heard anything on the return of Kirk, Lavelle etc yet it will be interesting to see if they do come back for pre season or whether they are shipped straight out
  • Options
    The way the takeover is going I think you’ll see a Lavelle & Ness CB pairing in our first friendly.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Local boy Worth a punt?
    Where did you get the rumour from? They paid money for him, he’s had a successful loan and they have dropped a division - can’t see them wanting to release him 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Richard J said:

Local boy Worth a punt?
    Where did you get the rumour from? They paid money for him, he’s had a successful loan and they have dropped a division - can’t see them wanting to release him 
    Phil Hay of The Athletic I imagine.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Richard J said:

Local boy Worth a punt?
    Widely rumoured that Leeds will look to move him on. He plays in a position that they're already well covered so can't give him the minutes he needs to develop. 

Whether they sell or look to loan him again is the question though. I believe he did quite well at Oxford so he's one i think we should definitely take an interest in.