Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zach Mitchell - League One Apprentice of the Season (p2)

Might be worth giving him his own thread... the kid is certainly something special.

(That translates as "shit" for any other clubs who want him)

His poor Brother being forced to play for that other lot has been talking about his recent performances for us

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-midfielder-billy-mitchell-bursting-with-pride-at-brother-zachs-charlton-breakthrough/

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Very talented player.  Played in front of the defence earlier this week for the under 21s and I think that might be where he ends up because he is a very good footballer.  I really hope he makes it big time with us.
    In the Dobbo mould?
  • Options
    Bad feeling he will end up with his brother at Millwall soon
  • Options
    The most obvious USP he has (he is competitive) are those forward runs and surges, 90% of the time finished with a good pass.
    Good prospect, but exercise a modicum of caution as he is still a young player, and young players can be inconsistent.
    Lots of reasons to be hopeful however.
  • Options
    Mike said:
    It’s been rumoured on here before I believe 
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Yes and doesn’t seem to get a mention when Holden talking about our young players - I thought he looked to have a bit about him - more so than ness at first 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Mike said:
    Yes and doesn’t seem to get a mention when Holden talking about our young players - I thought he looked to have a bit about him - more so than ness at first 
    He will end up higher than Ness, IMO.  More pace and better on the ball . 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Very talented player.  Played in front of the defence earlier this week for the under 21s and I think that might be where he ends up because he is a very good footballer.  I really hope he makes it big time with us.
    In the Dobbo mould?
    Maybe not as combative but he can burst forward with the ball with deceptive acceleration.  He’s great to watch as he’s always scanning and alert.  I suspect he’ll go at least as far as his brother currently is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've been singing his praises for some time ...a standout player in the under 23s. 

He is always SO calm on the ball ! Seems to have time to look up and see what are the options before making a positive pass. Just love watching him play.

It would be a very dark day should he be tempted to join his brother Billy at the Dark Side.... :)
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Why ?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Mike said:
     Better "baller" certainly, but defensively weaker, certainly at the moment. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Mike said:
     Better "baller" certainly, but defensively weaker, certainly at the moment. 
    Probably as Swisdom suggested earlier he might end up more of a screening midfielder than an outright defender. 
  • Options
    When he leaves us he will go higher than Millwall.  That is the laziest 2+2 brother there so... Rumour.
  • Options
    Hopefully, when mid table security is all but confirmed, Mitchell & a couple of other academy lads will get a few games now that Lavelle & co have been shifted. 
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Better Charltonise him quickly then...
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    clive said:
    Mitchell has been nominated for EFL League One Apprentice of the Season, sponsored by LFE. 
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/duo-nominated-2023-efl-awards
    That's great news ! 

Have followed Zach's progress since we first saw him play at The Valley earlier this season in an EFL Trophy  match .

Just a day later, I learned he is the cousin of one if our eldest daughter's friends when they were at Joyden's Wood School. 

Lovely family & wish this young man a long & successful career...ideally in a Charlton shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This boy is going right to the very top
  • Options
    Seems like a very nice well balanced, sensible lad. That won’t do him any harm. 
  • Options
    He needs to sign a contract doesn't he ? 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Arsenal have been sniffing around, this boy is class watched him last season in FA Youth cup game against Brighton and he stood out.
  • Options
    Sorry Colin moment! 😞 
  • Options
    Brilliant news
  • Options
    Excellent news. 
  • Options
    Think it’ll be hard to hang onto him sadly but hopeful we’ll see him get a run of games in the first team at some point. 
  • Options
    Brilliant news
    Excellent news. 
    The contract he signed in July? 😉