Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Hector (Page 11 - Signs a NEW one year deal)

Comments

• shirty5 said:
    65 minutes for Hector yesterday v Bournemouth. The same for Aneke. Wollacott back in goal 
    Glass half empty version = he's not ready/able do more than 65 minutes yet
    Glass half full version = they rested him up so he can play a part in the next senior fixture.
  • Thanks Shirty. That’s good news. I’m guessing it was a behind closed doors game?
    If Aneke could regain some sort of fitness it’d feel like a new signing. 
    Also have a good feeling about Hector. 
  • edited February 2023
    Leuth said:
    They're making Chuks do full hours? Oh god haha
    To be honest I am not sure if I would have him in the team if he couldn’t get to the fitness levels where he can start doing 90 minutes. ‘Managing’ his minutes this year clearly has not worked. 

From first game in per season it’s looked like he’s had about 10 - 15 minutes running in him. So no wonder he breaks down so easily.

I’m not buying that we have some niche player who can come on for 10 minutes and change the game. What do we do in games where we are 2 - 0 down at half time, or it’s 0 - 0 and there’s 30 minutes left and we are really under the pump. 

Anyway. Good to see Hector get some minutes. 
  • Chuks v Stockers on Saturday ? 

Battle of the light weights  :smile:
  • "Michael Hector played in a back three with Deji Elerewe and Harris O'Connor"

Unless Holden is considering this for the first team it seems strange that the U21s would play this formation.
  • edited February 2023
    "Michael Hector played in a back three with Deji Elerewe and Harris O'Connor"

Unless Holden is considering this for the first team it seems strange that the U21s would play this formation.

I would imagine because we won't always play 4-3-3 but will change to 3-5-2 especially if Penney is at LWB and Sessegnon or anyone else with pace is at RWB.
    Holden favours at least a couple of different formations.

Football is always a battle to out think the other manager. Bowyer went too far at times and was the ultimate ' Tinker man' and JJ was successful with 3-5-2 at home in many games (not Oxford) but should have had another option up his sleeve away from home.

Michael Hector could do well but it's good that he has had time to bed in before starting a league match. 65 minutes isn't too shabby for first game in a while.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Thanks Shirty. That’s good news. I’m guessing it was a behind closed doors game?
    Oh James, James, you know in your heart Aneke will never be reliable.
  • That’s good news, just hope he didn’t go off injured.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also interesting that Zak Mitchell played as a defensive midfielder. From what I have seen of him he could be really great in that position.
  • Southbank said:
    Also interesting that Zak Mitchell played as a defensive midfielder. From what I have seen of him he could be really great in that position.
    And that was with us playing 3 CBs behind him. I'd forgotten about O'Connor.
  • Southbank said:
    Also interesting that Zak Mitchell played as a defensive midfielder. From what I have seen of him he could be really great in that position.
    He had a good game in the position for the under 21s against Millwall last week. 
  • Southbank said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Thanks Shirty. That’s good news. I’m guessing it was a behind closed doors game?
    Oh James, James, you know in your heart Aneke will never be reliable.
    I know, I know :-( 
  • Southbank said:
    From what I’ve seen of him, he could have a massive future. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Southbank said:
  • JamesSeed said:
    Southbank said:
    I'm too shy.
  • That’s good news, just hope he didn’t go off injured.
    Why are you obsessed with him being injured?  He never has been....
  • Well he's fit enough and well enough to come off the bench and do a job. Not the most stylish or sophisticated of performances but it worked.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2023
    RedChaser said:
    My sort of old school centre half clear your lines and how………Ave It! 💪😁

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/597c4ee2-6ffd-4202-9839-073f0e60faf4
  • So is he a cheat code or a donkey?
  • edited February 2023

• Be interesting to see how he does from the start against half decent opposition but he did what he needed to do. Great hoof on him. 
  • Michael Hector used the 'Gary Owen' 🏈 up and under to clear his lines; not pretty but effective in the situation and Jack Payne replaced Kilkenney for his height 🙄
  • Hector’s cameo was critical to keeping the 3 points IMHO. He is renowned for being a ball playing centre half, but last night his wise head told him to go back to basics and buy time/run down the clock (as others also recognised) and it worked a treat. His style will little doubt change in full game mode, but talking style anybody else notice his Chris Perry ‘rash’ like defending style. He gets very tight to his man.

I’m excited to see him playing from the start and can see him displacing Inniss within then next 2-3 weeks.
  • I assume Holden told him to be nonsense, as it's hardly how he would have played at Fulham!

He was quite an imposing figure out there.