Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Hector (Page 11 - Signs a NEW one year deal)

Comments

• Options
    @SoundAsa£ will put our minds at rest on the capabilities of this geezer.
  • Options
    Remember Winston Bogarde who was happy sitting on Chelsea bench for 4 years making only 12 appearences. Mind you he was only on 40 grand a week. Lol

Okay, he signed a contract.  It sorted the splinters out!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Why has he not been playing?
    Because, for 2 years, he was an unused sub for Fulham.  One premier league season, one championship promotion season.  Not exactly the daming accusation some are making it out to be.

Why hasn't he had a club since the summer?  Who knows. 

Somebody on here said he was injury prone! Obv not the case then.
    He could be a massive upgrade on EOC!
    I can't find any evidence on the Internet that he has ever had anything more serious than a knock. 
    How the hell does an outfield player go 2 1/2 years not injured playing less than 10 games???
    Because he is sh**.
  • Options
    his stint on the sidelines continues, May 2022 and counting.
  • Options
    his stint on the sidelines continues, May 2022 and counting.
    Only has 18 games left to get fit!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Because, for 2 years, he was an unused sub for Fulham.  One premier league season, one championship promotion season.  Not exactly the daming accusation some are making it out to be.

I can't find any evidence on the Internet that he has ever had anything more serious than a knock. 
    How the hell does an outfield player go 2 1/2 years not injured playing less than 10 games???
    He's got nothing on this guy... 

He was a striker. Constantly on strike, hence why he never played any games.
  • Options
    @SoundAsa£ will put our minds at rest on the capabilities of this geezer.
    😴😴😴
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Kilkenny looks like a good signing. Hector could be a shrewd one based on comments on the Fulham Forum. For a L1 club signing him, someone said, was a ‘no brainer’. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hector when on loan with us was brilliant, we desperately wanted to keep him but he ended up at Fulham started off well then lost his place, he recently had a trial again up here but it faded into nothing.
    A Bougherra mk11 possibly?
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Remember Winston Bogarde who was happy sitting on Chelsea bench for 4 years making only 12 appearences. Mind you he was only on 40 grand a week. Lol

In his first season at Chelsea, Bogarde made 9 league App and 3 in the cups but never played again for Chelsea in the last 3 years of his contract. 
    At the time, the top earners in the premier League were on about 80k a week so to have a guy earning 40k a week and just training with the youth team because he refused to be shipped out was amazing. 
  • Options
    lyle taylor hasnt played for forest for a very long time and is unlikely ever to again .draws the big bucks though
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:

He seems to have been a permanent substitute

Last season for example he started 4 games in the league, but was on the bench for another 29 without coming on! 
    Listening to managers in the past few years (including those at Charlton!), they've often mentioned how they prefer to keep the CB pairing/three unchanged during a game - essential if they are to play as a unit.

Barring injury or a red card reorganisation, think how many games even at Charlton have you seen a CB subbed?
    If the Fulham CB pairing were settled and injury free, then Hector's chances coming off the bench were obviously limited.

• Options
    Surely if he was really any good then he wouldn't be described as a top player but as a top, top player. Charlton fans short-changed again.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:

Last season for example he started 4 games in the league, but was on the bench for another 29 without coming on! 
    Listening to managers in the past few years (including those at Charlton!), they've often mentioned how they prefer to keep the CB pairing/three unchanged during a game - essential if they are to play as a unit.

Barring injury or a red card reorganisation, think how many games even at Charlton have you seen a CB subbed?
    If the Fulham CB pairing were settled and injury free, then Hector's chances coming off the bench were obviously limited.

Slightly surprising that  Fulham never needed to bring on a 3rd CB during the occasional match though. Unless they had two centre backs on the bench most weeks!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Surely if he was really any good then he wouldn't be described as a top player but as a top, top player. Charlton fans short-changed again.
    ?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:

Slightly surprising that  Fulham never needed to bring on a 3rd CB during the occasional match though. Unless they had two centre backs on the bench most weeks!
    Mawson played about the same number of games that season as Hector 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am sure I heard or read somewhere that Hector was due to play in a match today
  • Options
    I am sure I heard or read somewhere that Hector was due to play in a match today
    Injured doing his boots up.
  • Options
    He was supposed to be playing for the U21's.
  • Options
    funny they said that because according to the club website the next scheduled match is 14th Feb, unless they arranged a friendly which if the case we won't find out if he played or not. 
  • Options
    Where is Hector's House?

Injured by March.
  • Options
    funny they said that because according to the club website the next scheduled match is 14th Feb, unless they arranged a friendly which if the case we won't find out if he played or not. 
    Believe it was a behind closed doors one.
  • Options
    so we will never know if he played or not. Very convenient.
  • Options
    so we will never know if he played or not. Very convenient.
    Should be a match report on the OS tomorrow,  I was told*

* not by a Sandgaard or by Methvan 
  • Options
    U21’s beat Bournemouth 2-1 today. Casey got the winner. No idea if Hector played yet. 
  • Options
    Injured doing his boots up.
    Ooh, my sides.