Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Hector (Page 11 - Signs a NEW one year deal)

Comments

• Options
    If he's been training with us since November then hopefully he is halfway fit. 
    Hadn’t helped our first team
  • Options
    If he's been training with us since November then hopefully he is halfway fit. 
    he's not been. Was at Sheff Weds up to a week or so ago.
  • Options
    Hopefully, similar to TBH
  • Options
    clive said:
    "Touch wood, I’ve never really been injured and I still feel fit and healthy".

Oh, Gawd ..... that's jinxed it! :neutral:

• Options
    Why has he not been playing?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Too busy building his house
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Only a yellow, so not quite a replacement for Inniss. 
    "Lionel, if you join us you won't have to worry about Michael Hector scything you down in matches"
  • Options
    Another who we have to ‘manage’ fitness wise. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Large, have you got that quote you attributed to the Sheff W manager, where you said he was injured?
    It would be great if you had a link because I haven't seen it, although I've not been searching.
  • Options
    Large, have you got that quote you attributed to the Sheff W manager, where you said he was injured?
    It would be great if you had a link because I haven't seen it, although I've not been searching.
    May have been referring to this one where it sounded like he was undergoing fitness tests, although could be interpreted in different ways: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-michael-hector-deal-26106592#amp-readmore-target
  • Options
    All set for Hector to score the winner against Wednesday when we play them
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    May have been referring to this one where it sounded like he was undergoing fitness tests, although could be interpreted in different ways: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-michael-hector-deal-26106592#amp-readmore-target

"Speaking about Hector's situation, Moore said last week that he continues to assess the centre-half at close quarters. He said: "We feel where Michael is at, he's done really, really well. He's been through what we call the first stage and it's a process. But we've not made any decisions at all. He's done fantastic in terms of what he's had to do until this point. We're taking our time.

"We've put him through a vigorous test and we've given him a few days (off) to rest and recover and then we can assess him and potentially try and move him to the next stage."

Yes I'd read that thank you.

There's no mention of any injury.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    All set for Hector to score an own goal against Wednesday when we play them

• Options
    Apols, thought I had read that he had been with us. 
  • Options
    Hope I'm wrong but I would be amazed if he manages to start 10 first team games.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

"Speaking about Hector's situation, Moore said last week that he continues to assess the centre-half at close quarters. He said: "We feel where Michael is at, he's done really, really well. He's been through what we call the first stage and it's a process. But we've not made any decisions at all. He's done fantastic in terms of what he's had to do until this point. We're taking our time.

"We've put him through a vigorous test and we've given him a few days (off) to rest and recover and then we can assess him and potentially try and move him to the next stage."

I don't think I'd ever said he was injured just that he wasn't fit enough yet which is basically what Darren Moore is saying above.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Doesn't sound like he's match fit then. 

Or certainly not what Sheff Wed would call match fit. Whereas with us, if they can put on a pair of boots & lace them up without falling over then they are fit to start 90 mins.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    mendonca said:
    He has:

- Not played a single game this season
    - Made four starts last season

Absolute madness. Let's keep our rusty and injury prone approach to building a squad, hey!
    If we keep all our current CBs he's our sixth choice, if Thomas moves which Cawley said was possible, he's our fifth choice. Higher upside than Thomas but less fit. This is low risk, high reward. 

Hahahahaha this aged well. Stupid Charlton. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Probably a s*** footballer.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Doesn't sound like he's match fit then. 

Or certainly not what Sheff Wed would call match fit. Whereas with us, if they can put on a pair of boots & lace them up without falling over then they are fit to start 90 mins.
    Do we even have a fitness coach?
  • Options
    Just a shared massage gun and access to google. 

Who needs a fitness coach when you can have that!
  • Options
    He is a very good player.

The fact the 3rd goal here happened to him (I remember a comment at the time being 'he has a family!') probably ruined him in many eyes, but it could have happened to anyone really

https://youtu.be/-biIQ2HIBUI

Let's imagine him in happier times! 
  • Options
    He is or was a very good player? To be discovered.

I'm not sure that most clubs in L1 and Championship have overlooked Hector and once again, Charlton managed to unearth a gem on a free.
  • Options
    Maybe he's on a pay per game deal, that's the only way anyone would sanction the deal......isnt it?? 
    How many players have ever been on a pay per game deal?  
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Because, for 2 years, he was an unused sub for Fulham.  One premier league season, one championship promotion season.  Not exactly the daming accusation some are making it out to be.

Why hasn't he had a club since the summer?  Who knows. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I don't think I'd ever said he was injured just that he wasn't fit enough yet which is basically what Darren Moore is saying above.

Sheffield Wednesday are going for promotion and are in a good position. 
    The fact they even considered Michael Hector to help in their promotion push said a lot to me. 

Joining a mid table League 1 side he should do ok but I know not playing first team football for so long isn't ideal.