Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Hector (Page 11 - Signs a NEW one year deal)

Comments

• Didnt even come back to finish his medical at Hillsborough as he knew he'd fail is what was reported in The Star. 
    Don’t know why that got lol’s.
  • Didnt even come back to finish his medical at Hillsborough as he knew he'd fail is what was reported in The Star. 
    Because it's funny?! 
    I suppose because its probably true and would be a proper Charlton thing to do?🤷‍♂️
  • Maybe he's on a pay per game deal, that's the only way anyone would sanction the deal......isnt it?? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Didnt even come back to finish his medical at Hillsborough as he knew he'd fail is what was reported in The Star. 
    Because it's funny?! 
    I thought it was lolled because people didn’t think it true.
  • It is what it is. Some decent pedigree but so was Harry Arter. If it turns out ok then great, but I won’t be holding my breath 

22/23 - 0 games
    21/22 - 4 league games
    20/21 - 4 league games

8 league games in 2 1/2 years 
    Yes but he looks after himself fitness wise !!
    He wasn't injured, for the 2 seasons at Fulham he barely played. 
    Or perhaps because Hector had already been approached by Charlton?

It was reported that he's already trained for 2 days at Sparrows Lane prior to signing.

Ah yes that bastion of truth and integrity the Star. Filing that firmly under "dubious at best."
  • Sponsored links:

• Who?
    not surprised he looks delighted 
    I had a missed call from an unfamiliar number earlier Wonder if it was Steve Gallen? I still have a pair of boots that fit so can’t be far off getting a game at centre back
  • thenewbie said:
    Didnt even come back to finish his medical at Hillsborough as he knew he'd fail is what was reported in The Star. 
    Ah yes that bastion of truth and integrity the Star. Filing that firmly under "dubious at best."
    It’s the Sheffield Star, not the national daily. Different beast entirely.
  • thenewbie said:
    OK that's fair, and my mistake for assuming. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Doesn't matter which Star, until it's in the Plymouth Herald I won't believe it.
  • Joe Ledley Mk.2
  • AndyG said:
    Anyone want to open a book on how many minutes he plays this season ? I will start and say 23
    157 I reckon. The local nightclubs will see much more of him than the Valley crowd.
  • AndyG said:
    Anyone want to open a book on how many minutes he plays this season ? I will start and say 23
    157 I reckon. The local nightclubs will see much more of him than the Valley crowd.

Sounds more of a Razor Ruddock MK2.

• LTKapal said:
    thenewbie said:
    If he's here in the Diarra/Pearce mold for a bit of experience around the place and a spare body if needed, that's a pretty good signing. If he's here because we're about to have a fire sale on CBs and he's about to become first choice, we're in deep deep shit.

I'm whelmed.
    Whoops
    Well, quite. Sorry everyone!!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Because it's funny?! 
    I thought it was lolled because people didn’t think it true.

Another example of why we should have 3 buttons: like, dislike and lol
    Or agree, disagree and lol
  • Sponsored links:

• If Hector turns out to be at least half decent then I reckon Holden is a football genius.

I smell a rat though. I'm convinced that what Holden said about Hector, he doesn't truly believe.

A desperation signing of the highest order.
  • If he's been training with us since November then hopefully he is halfway fit. 
  • If he's been training with us since November then hopefully he is halfway fit. 
    Thought I read he'd been training with Dagenham but yeah hopefully. 
  • Plus points - big and experienced
    Minus points - bit too big, bit too experienced
  • I'm sure a fan would have spotted and mentioned Hector, if he had been training with us for the past 3 months. 
  • mendonca said:
    I'm sure a fan would have spotted and mentioned Hector, if he had been training with us for the past 3 months. 
    If he's been training anywhere for the last 3 months and is actually competent on any level, he'd have been playing & earning somewhere, National League even
    His total inactivity tells us all we need to know
    If Holden's still with us after Monday 6th, he's definitely in on the ruse, cos he's been critically undermined with this squad dismantling

• Many fit, £50m players struggle to adjust to the PL when signed in the January window. It's the nature of the game.

I'm going to apply the same concept here for somebody transitioning from 3 years of training into a competitive game, in L1.