Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stockley signed for Fleetwood (permanent)

123457»

Comments

• He got away with a lot as he speaks well and has good banter! Should be a private banker!
  • cabbles said:
    Only 13 goals in the league last season, albeit 13 in 33 which isn’t bad.  Goals in the Papa John’s and up and Gateshead give a gloss to the 22 from last season that I feel flattered him.

I had high hopes after he signed but I ended up thinking his season this season and some of his performances are probably up there with the worst we’ve seen in a Charlton shirt and that’s not an extreme statement.  He was absolute toilet for us this season.

Only he can know if his back injury his hampering him.  Fleetwood have been absolutely sold a lame duck.  I expect they’ll take the view to give him the summer to get fit and if not, expect to see him on loan at Barrow or Carlisle from next Jan 
    True I'd be gutted if I was a Fleetwood fan. One thing we can be very grateful to the Methven gang is they managed to flog him. As one of our top earners we had felt obliged to start him until mid this season, and he was scuppering any fluidity to our attacks.
  • I suspect his best performance for Fleetwood this season will be the one at The Valley.
  • edited March 2023
    Gone down as an own goal after hitting the bar and then hitting the Goalkeeper in the back

Not a bad strike though, wont do his back any good, nice pass to setup the second

https://www.skysports.com/football/derby-county-vs-fleetwood-town/report/469365
  • Excellent volley that! Credit where due.
  • That's a stunning goal.
  • Lovely bit of skill to set up their second too.
  • Yeah but we’ve got Bonne instead ner ner ner ner ner 
  • Gone down as an own goal after hitting the bar and then hitting the Goalkeeper in the back

Not a bad strike though, wont do his back any good, nice pass to setup the second

Feels harsh that going down as a own goal!  I know it's right but you'd be miffed after that volley!!
  • Yeah but we’ve got Bonne instead ner ner ner ner ner 
    The forward from the Championship who has fallen behind two teenagers in the pecking order!?
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    Yeah but we’ve got Bonne instead ner ner ner ner ner 
    The forward from the Championship who has fallen behind two teenagers in the pecking order!?
    He’s lucky to be that high in the pecking order 
  • edited March 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    I suspect his best performance for Fleetwood this season will be the one at The Valley.

Maybe not James.

I don't think its any coincidence that his best two games for Fleetwood have been in a two up front with Jack Marriott.
    Scored I believe in his first match with a scrambled goal in the six yard box from a cross from JM and the volley yesterday was stunning. Two assists yesterday as volley goes down as OG.

Scott Brown, like many young managers likes to change the formation up front from a 1, 2 or 3. Why let the opposition know your formation and be predictable in a league where there are 7 decent teams and 17 mediocre teams. Stockley has been on the bench when Brown just play 1 up front.

His game fell off a cliff at Cafc and he needed to move on. I didn't expect It to be Fleetwood after a chance encounter last summer when he said he was settled in Surrey with his wife, two girls and his new born baby boy. A fighter on the field but a gentle giant family man off the field.

As I have said before we have a better central striker in Miles Leaburn who can play in a 3 with Rak Sakyi, Blackett-Taylor, Campbell or Kanu in the forward positions.

• Gone down as an own goal after hitting the bar and then hitting the Goalkeeper in the back

Stockley didn't look much of a lame duck in those highlights, did he
    His positioning and involvement was very good - in what we saw, all of Fleetwood's attacking play went through him.

Apart from that stunning strike for the 1st goal (surely he should at least be credited for the assist  :) ), and composed play setting up the run for Fleetwood's second, his headed flick almost set up a 3rd - plus he was headlocked in the Derby box; should that have been a pen?

Anyway, impressive performance and a world apart from what he was serving up this season here.

• edited September 2023
    https://x.com/SkyFootball/status/1703017608587436285?s=20

How do you embed? Doesn't work for me anymore.
  • Scoham said:

That is truly shameful. 

The "penalty" I mean, not the embedding thing.  :D
  • I just saw it on Sky News earlier. As soon as they said "penalty" and Stockley involved, I guess it was a dive from him. He spent half the game against us trying to win free kicks at every opportunity. Went down in our box a few times "claiming injury" and the referee had to check to see if he was alright". I must admit, he is good at what he does, as he disrupts the game and referees fall for it. I can't stand the bloke. Never did, when we signed him from Preston. No pace, uses his elbows a lot.  As he is getting older and pace slowed, he has got worse. When he was with us, I thought his best [position was with us as a defender and heading balls out of the box. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:

That is truly shameful. 

The "penalty" I mean, not the embedding thing.  :D
    U Boat style .. dive, dive, dive
  • There was "contact"
  • edited September 2023
    Jeeeeezus that's one of the worst dives I've ever seen

Of course he'd rather take a tumble than try to hit the ball with his left foot