Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockley signed for Fleetwood (permanent)

Comments

• Options
    He’s better than that donkey bonne who looked dreadful on Saturday. 

We were better under Roland tbh fucking club 
  • Options
    Sad to see Jayden but we move on.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    I’ve probably missed it but why is Stockley’s move ‘subject to EFL approval’?
    Standard for every deal, the club said the same when Thomas signed back in September.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/done-deal-terell-thomas-returns-addicks
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I’ll drop the Donkey stuff now, need to for my own sanity I think…moving onwards, good luck JS, I can see a hatrick against us now 🙄
  • Options
    Stockley did a job for us in role that did not suit his game. He must now be chaffing at the reins to be able to play against a Charlton defense.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Stockley did a job for us in role that did not suit his game. He must now be chaffing at the reins to be able to play against a Charlton defense.
     Chaffing at the reins & chomping at the bit. 
  • Options
    Wish him well. He will do well at League 2 level where supreme fitness and a modicum of skill will make you stand out. At this level (yes I know he's gone to Fleetwood) everyone is as fit if not fitter and certainly a lot more skillful. Thoroughly nice guy ~ Def one for a media role when he retires. All the best JS and thank you for giving everything for the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish him well. He will do well at League 2 level where supreme fitness and a modicum of skill will make you stand out. At this level (yes I know he's gone to Fleetwood) everyone is as fit if not fitter and certainly a lot more skillful. Thoroughly nice guy ~ Def one for a media role when he retires. All the best JS and thank you for giving everything for the club. 
    What has L2 level got to do with it? 
  • Options
    He forgot to say, 'Fleetwood are a big club, so its a no brainer and I can hopefully get them back to where they belong, in league 2'
  • Options
    I'm sad about this. He seems like a really decent guy and he was really good for us in a couple of spells. His first loan spell he was great, and under Jackson he reminded us that in the right setup he's always someone you can rely on for goals. Unfortunately he's just not an adaptable player. If the system doesn't work towards funneling chances that suit him then he's a total passenger. We even saw that under Adkins where the same system but different players saw him go from a player helping us push for promotion to a relegation striker who couldn't get a goal. His injury seems to have slowed him down as well and he's not adapted to that. I hope he does well at Fleetwood, he's a player I really wanted to succeed with us. It wasn't that long ago he was talking about ending his career here
    Yeah, my feelings exactly. Good guy. Good in the right set up, but the way we wanted to play doesn't suit him. And I still suspect the pinched nerve from last season continues to affect him. 

When he was stripped of the captaincy, you felt like he basically had to move on. He hadn't done anything wrong as skipper. Maybe that was the push he needed. 

We only signed him 18 months ago. It's a damming indictment of our recruitment over the last two years that we're having to move on recent signings who cost fees like Stockley, Kirk, and DJ, plus McGrandles. Lavelle is nowhere near the team at the moment either. And then there's Chuks...

Back to Stockers, good luck to him except in 10 days. This seems like a move that makes sense for everyone. We clearly want him off the wage bill and allegedly get a fee as well, which is much better than I expected at the start of the window.

As with pretty much all of our business this window, this should have been done in the summer when we wanted to change our style and system. But better late than never. 
  • Options
    And scores on his debut!
  • Options
    But still finishes on the losing side when Charlie Kirk scores in the 96th minute.
  • Options
    5 (ex) Charlton players in that match today. Included loanies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad we won and glad Charlton reserves got a kick around on a Sat at 3pm!

I'd be smug if we were more than 8 and 9 points away from either team in the table.
  • Options
    He’s gone. Hope we’re not going to get a report every time he farts for the next two years. 

Just to let you know this is the 'Stockley signs for Fleetwood' thread and it was his Debut.
    Carry on Silly. (Was Sid James is that one ?)
  • Options
    Could have had two. 

Much better in a front two.
  • Options
    He’s gone. Hope we’re not going to get a report every time he farts for the next two years. 
    You don't have to open threads you know?!
  • Options
    Basically shows he downed his tools for months if he 'suddenly finds form'. 

Good riddance. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    He missed a sitter before his tap in. Then look at the familiar hand waving, pointing at somebody for Deji's goal! So glad don't have to see that pathetic behaviour anymore.

• Options
    Six including Wiredu wasn’t it?
  • Options
    He scored one of his trademark goals for Fleetwood today. That suggests to me that he wasn’t trying an inch during his final months with us. 
  • Options
    We’ve seen him all season. Scoring a tap in doesn’t change anything.