Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockley signed for Fleetwood (permanent)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    I really don't think there was an issue with injury this season as all big central strikers carry war scars from the weekly battles.

I made a big thing about Stockley playing in a 3 at the beginning  of last  season under Adkins saying it won't work unless Washington gets closer to him. Under JJ they at least had their moments as a partnership despite both being League 1 forwards. It didn't work under Garner and even when he had played in a 2 up top he has lost his edge. Going to Fleetwood may well get his mojo back as long as he has a partner.

Met him on a couple of occasions well away from his work and along with Jonny Williams is an easy guy to talk to and intelligent. Nothing like the sulking, hand waving player on the field.

Best that Jayden left for his career and for Cafc sake but still surprised he went up to a club on the Lancashire coast after what he said.
    The fact is once the finances are sorted out a footballer goes where he is wanted.

Fleetwood wanted him, Cafc didn't so good that a deal has been done.

I wish him well and hope he doesn't get a reception like the morons gave *Ricky Holmes when he returned with Oxford.
    We will find out in a couple of weeks. Ryan marking Jayden will be a wrestling match between two giants !

*Ricky Holmes is playing for Farnborough at 35 for the love of football and some part time cash. One of my favourites.

• Options
    Good luck Jayden hope it works out well for you and thanks for your efforts at Charlton just didn't work out this season.
  • Options
    Need another striker now, so as long as they are decent this is a move that makes sense and is progressive. If it's just cut cutting and we're going back to 2.5 strikers in Leaburn, Bonne and Chuks then I'm less in favour. 

Either way, good luck Jayden.
  • Options
    Good luck Jayden, sorry it didn't workout, but i think its for the best.
    Dry your eyes mate plenty more fish in the sea!
  • Options
    Sorry to see him go, thought something was amiss when he wasnt in the squad Saturday. THey have aslo signed Marriot who is a hand full also. 

Good luck Jayden and thanks for your service.
  • Options
    It got so ugly with all that silly hand waving and moaning. But we've covered this and so has Holden.
  • Options
    It’s a good move for us. 
    He’s not the player he was when he joined us. 
  • Options
    Good luck Jayden.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    We haven't had such a destructive (for us) main striker since Andy Gray. Ruined everything. Good bloke, but this is enormous progress.
    Behave!

There's always one - and it's amazing how often it's you. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he'll do well alongside Marriott. That's a decent partnership, especially for a 'smaller' club at this level.
  • Options
    Will be putting my entire life savings on him scoring against us at Valley in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Will be putting my entire life savings on him scoring against us at Valley in 2 weeks.
    I'm betting my house on him standing in the middle of the pitch pointing and moaning to anyone who will listen for almost all of the match personally 
  • Options
    Seemed like a really decent bloke. He was never my cup of tea as a player and he seems to have really lost the plot this season and his frustration has been obvious. Better for both us and stockers that he moves on. I wish him well. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Wish him all the best, and personally was one of my favourite players in recent times. Always had a soft spot for a big man up front who can do the business in the air.

Shame that it’s ended up this way, and I’m confident that had we played to his strengths we would probably see ourselves a bit further up the table.

Instead, we had a manager for four months who was more interested in seeing the ball get passed around the defence with very little intention of trying to use a striker. 

Good luck Jayden. Ignore the idiots who will inevitably boo when we play Fleetwood
  • Options
    I really don't think there was an issue with injury this season as all big central strikers carry war scars from the weekly battles.

I made a big thing about Stockley playing in a 3 at the beginning  of last  season under Adkins saying it won't work unless Washington gets closer to him. Under JJ they at least had their moments as a partnership despite both being League 1 forwards. It didn't work under Garner and even when he had played in a 2 up top he has lost his edge. Going to Fleetwood may well get his mojo back as long as he has a partner.

Met him on a couple of occasions well away from his work and along with Jonny Williams is an easy guy to talk to and intelligent. Nothing like the sulking, hand waving player on the field.

Best that Jayden left for his career and for Cafc sake but still surprised he went up to a club on the Lancashire coast after what he said.
    The fact is once the finances are sorted out a footballer goes where he is wanted.

Fleetwood wanted him, Cafc didn't so good that a deal has been done.

I wish him well and hope he doesn't get a reception like the morons gave *Ricky Holmes when he returned with Oxford.
    We will find out in a couple of weeks. Ryan marking Jayden will be a wrestling match between two giants !

*Ricky Holmes is playing for Farnborough at 35 for the love of football and some part time cash. One of my favourites.

I don't think it's a Ricky Holmes scenario at all. Ricky was at his pomp when he left us and no fan, whatever club, likes to see that. It just hurts whoever they go to.

With Stockers I think the general consensus is ( love or hate )  that his best days in a charlton shirt were way behind him, 2 managers ago to be precise,. Although that's actually only the middle part of last season. It just seems longer.
  • Options
    Need another striker now, so as long as they are decent this is a move that makes sense and is progressive. If it's just cut cutting and we're going back to 2.5 strikers in Leaburn, Bonne and Chuks then I'm less in favour. 

There are a few scenarios

1) We have another striker lined up and he signs tomorrow
    2) We aren't looking for another striker because Holden is using the money elsewhere
    3) We aren't looking for another striker because the money is all going to the "break even" pot
    4) We want another striker, but (quelle surprise) the deal "collapses" and the window slams shut with us putting out one of our usual post window statements about how the other party changed their minds or the terms at the last minute...

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Wish him all the best, and personally was one of my favourite players in recent times. Always had a soft spot for a big man up front who can do the business in the air.

Shame that it’s ended up this way, and I’m confident that had we played to his strengths we would probably see ourselves a bit further up the table.

Instead, we had a manager for four months who was more interested in seeing the ball get passed around the defence with very little intention of trying to use a striker. 

Good luck Jayden. Ignore the idiots who will inevitably boo when we play Fleetwood

Not quite sure myself, if judging by the number of sitters and simple headers he missed in the first 10 games (or so).

Look at how many bullet headers Leaburn has scored in comparison....from crosses.
  • Options
    Seems a bit ambivalent:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023

There are a few scenarios

1) We have another striker lined up and he signs tomorrow
    2) We aren't looking for another striker because Holden is using the money elsewhere
    3) We aren't looking for another striker because the money is all going to the "break even" pot
    4) We want another striker, but (quelle surprise) the deal "collapses" and the window slams shut with us putting out one of our usual post window statements about how the other party changed their minds or the terms at the last minute...

5) We aren’t looking for anyone else this window and once useless DJ and useless Kirk are gone too, we’ll be one injury away from calling Mrs Miggins up again…
  • Options
    Actually it’s funny what comes up when you search “donkey fleetwood town fc” !!!

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Play nice! No need to be that disrespectful. 
    Fair enough, I’m just a bit overexcited at getting shot of him, didn’t mean to make an Ass of anyone.
  • Options
    Good move for him. Good move for us. This back injury excuse has grown and grown via social media (here)... he had a medical and passed it so that puts that myth to bed. 
  • Options
    Well I hope they have a replacement comming because we do not now have a playerbable to hold up the ball up front.
  • Options
    Thanks for your efforts Jayden. Good luck at a club that are building something. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    All the best, Jayden.  Good for us overall.
  • Options
    if we don't manage a replacement for Stockley then his move to Fleetwood is bad for Charlton, but good for TS's wallet
  • Options
    I’ve probably missed it but why is Stockley’s move ‘subject to EFL approval’?