Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stockley signed for Fleetwood (permanent)

Comments

• cafctom said:
    Think it’s a shame it hasn’t worked out this season, as we know full well he’s more than capable of going somewhere else and banging in 15-20 goals a season if used properly.

Personally would prefer us to have him on the books than Bonne. 
    Where has he banged in 15-20 goals a season? 

He's scored above 10 goals once. And that was 13 league goals with us last season. 
  • Scoham said:
    I’m not convinced he’s the same player due to his injury. I don’t think playing two up front and getting crosses was all he was missing, a slight loss of mobility can make a big difference. He was looking more like Hemed for us in that his reactions seemed to be slower, he wasn’t taking chances like he used to.

Did a job under Adkins and a good goal return last season, but not at the level of Yann or Taylor. He’s an example of the confused recruitment under Sandgaard’s ownership - if you want to play a modern high pressing passing game you don’t sign a traditional target man, one who isn’t even known for having a good first touch. 

I said a while ago we might move him on in the window. Wasn’t going to be easy but I guess he wants to be the main man up front, he had become a squad player like he was with Preston.

No doubt he’ll score against us in a few weeks.
    While the service wasn't great, there WERE crosses coming in, but he was too immobile to get to them. Defenders were either getting there first or able to jump higher than him. 

One headed goal this season, the same as Payne, sums up the decline.
  • Stockton 693min per goal

Stockley 813min per goal
  • He last scored for us on the 1st October, and played the majority of those minutes as we pretty much had no other striker at the club that wasn't injured, tells you all you need to know
  • If I was a Fleetwood fan I wouldn't be that happy. Signing a "striker" that has got just 2 league goals this season. His goals per minute ratio is awful. 
    Possibly five after they play us. 😫
  • Fleetwood doing the business they need to in order to stay up. Fair play to them. If they play to Jayden’s strengths, Marriott alongside, they will have a different player on their hands than we have seen this season. Jayden is one of the most polite, articulate and engaging players I have met at CAFC and wish him well. Garnerball, nor Adkins’ ‘style?’ suited him much. JJ and Bowyer were able to get a decent return out of him. Injury may have played a part, playing style definitely played its part.

• Stockley about to be announced and in there latest vid with marriott …
  • Why didn't we go in for Marriot and now Fleetwood are pinching our best player. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Depends on their definition of substantial.

6 figure if we are lucky 

best of luck Jayden, nice fella but we were so limited when he played 
  • surprised we got a fee to be honest so can’t believe it’s substantial, although it may be to them. Wonder if he still has a property up there from his Preston days? Good luck Jayden, think it’s best for all concerned.
  • sam3110 said:
    Hmmmm - what would be ‘substantial’ for Fleetwood - £100k ?
  • Seemed like a lovely bloke off the pitch but a nightmare to play with on it. Spent more time throwing his hands up in the air when he didn’t get a pass than any player I can remember in recent history.
  • I just found it interesting the buying team are listing it as "substantial", usually teams want their fans to think they've paid hardly anything and it's a steal, with the selling club overinflating the amount they received for their prize donkey
  • "I'm looking for a different profile of striker..." 

Well that's good news!
  • Depends on their definition of substantial.

6 figure if we are lucky 

Of course substantial is relative.
  • Seemed like a lovely bloke off the pitch but a nightmare to play with on it. Spent more time throwing his hands up in the air when he didn’t get a pass than any player I can remember in recent history.
    I remember the game when he ran over to our dugout and screamed at Adkins ‘do something, change something’ and Adkins looked so out of his depth, and didn’t know what to do - Stockley was right on that occasion, but he is definitely a moaner and whinger when on the pitch
  • Got to go where you're wanted and he was no longer wanted here. Didn't hide but this season was not good at all and he knew it was all but over a few weeks back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Depends on their definition of substantial.

6 figure if we are lucky 

Of course substantial is relative.
    They've literally not paid a transfer fee for a player since Ched Evans. They have obviously paid sign on fees etc. 
  • Good lad but I think it's a move that suits all parties at this stage in his career. Good luck to him. 
  • Unless there’s another incoming striker, still think it leaves us, a bit short in numbers, if injuries mount up again?
  • I wish him the best, 1 in 3 for us ain’t a bad return in a shit team let’s be honest, unfortunately that injury has really affected his game and what mobility he had. Onwards and upwards, not a Dean Holden type of player me thinks, but by all accounts a decent lad. 
  • sam3110 said:
    So it's a very very very undiscloced fee then
  • Stockley's stats for this season in L1 are:
    Started: 1710 mins 
    Sub: 75 mins
    Bench: 1 game
    Fouls: 26, no cards although I have him suspended for the Cheltenham game but don't know why????
    Shots on: 13
    Shots blocked: 3
    Shots off: 12
    Assists: 4
    Goals: 2

His highlight was Plymouth at home with a mark of 7.86, and his lowlight was Port Vale with 2.89

Fouls: 26, no cards although I have him suspended for the Cheltenham game but don't know why????

His highlight was Plymouth at home with a mark of 7.86, and his lowlight was Port Vale with 2.89

Retrospective red card at Port Vale, I think.

Was banned retrospectively for an off the ball incident Vs Port Vale. 

Red card after the Port Vale incident 
  • Seemed to be a decent guy who clearly wanted to play for our club. Shame it didn’t work out. In a round about way, he was used a bit like Carl Leaburn as the tall target man. The difference was that, unlike Carlo,  he never really had anybody working around him for knock downs etc so, on that basis, it simply wasn’t going to work long term. I wish him all the best at FTFC.