Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockley signed for Fleetwood (permanent)

Comments

• Options
    One season wonder?
  • Options
    I'm sad about this. He seems like a really decent guy and he was really good for us in a couple of spells. His first loan spell he was great, and under Jackson he reminded us that in the right setup he's always someone you can rely on for goals. Unfortunately he's just not an adaptable player. If the system doesn't work towards funneling chances that suit him then he's a total passenger. We even saw that under Adkins where the same system but different players saw him go from a player helping us push for promotion to a relegation striker who couldn't get a goal. His injury seems to have slowed him down as well and he's not adapted to that. I hope he does well at Fleetwood, he's a player I really wanted to succeed with us. It wasn't that long ago he was talking about ending his career here
    Fleetwood? I'd suggest he has ended his career...
  • Options
    I'm sure the back injury hasn't helped much but he's been able to throw himself over a fair few times this season, and, of course, he can still stretch those arms up nice and high.

But, seriously, Good luck to him.

2 footballing coaches tried to play him in a one up top and couldn't make effective use out of him, looked good when first on loan and then again under Jackson but, then, it was mainly Stockley ball. 

• Options
    Best result of the window for me if he goes.  Feared we wouldn’t be able to ship him and it would impact next season on the basis that’s contracted to 2024.

As others have said, good luck to him, but I honestly thought he looked liked one of the worst footballers ever to play up top for us based on performances this season.  

I appreciate that might have been due to Garner’s style and not recovering from this injury, but to me he looks finished and regardless of what style any team plays, I can’t see it happening for him.

We need better and we need to be quite ruthless about ensuring that moving forward given the types of players we’ve had clogging up the squad over the last few years 

• Options
    sad at this. i like him as a bloke and i think he loved being here, up until recently anyway. Convinced Ben Garner was the end of him and look at how that ended up. Wish him the very best, you just know he will score against us in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Should have been let go in the summer after his decent season. 

Isn't the right kind of player for a promotion push. Only one season above 10 goals. 
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    I'm sad about this. He seems like a really decent guy and he was really good for us in a couple of spells. His first loan spell he was great, and under Jackson he reminded us that in the right setup he's always someone you can rely on for goals. Unfortunately he's just not an adaptable player. If the system doesn't work towards funneling chances that suit him then he's a total passenger. We even saw that under Adkins where the same system but different players saw him go from a player helping us push for promotion to a relegation striker who couldn't get a goal. His injury seems to have slowed him down as well and he's not adapted to that. I hope he does well at Fleetwood, he's a player I really wanted to succeed with us. It wasn't that long ago he was talking about ending his career here
    Fleetwood? I'd suggest he has ended his career...
    They are two places below us in L1.  I'd say pretty much a sideways move.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    There's a difference between 'set to sign' and 'has signed'.

Massive difference:
    Until the signature is on the form so many variables come in. Players have been at Sparrows lane or other locations and then a last minute disagreement on terms between clubs, agents or a medical issue have scuppered the deal.

Last summer, Jayden Stockley told me he wanted to play the rest of his career in the South so it's shows how he's had a nightmare season if this signing is a 'done deal' 
  • Options
    He was great for us for 18 months, but this season has been poor. Both parties need a fresh start, good luck to him.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I can see what the South London link said, so cheers, but it just said Stockley to Fleetwood and I couldn't see a reply from Cawley to the question, is it a permanent or a loan.

OK, so that was the follow up.
    At least we can see Andy Scott's remit at work.  For this to happen, there has been some financial arrangement so Stockley won't be out of pocket.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:

I can see what the South London link said, so cheers, but it just said Stockley to Fleetwood and I couldn't see a reply from Cawley to the question, is it a permanent or a loan.

OK, so that was the follow up.
    At least we can see Andy Scott's remit at work.  For this to happen, there has been some financial arrangement so Stockley won't be out of pocket.  
    It's an extra year, probably the same value but over 2.5 years not 1.5.  
  • Options
    Decent bloke and without his goals las season I think we would currently be kicking around in L2. For whatever reason it just has not worked this season and he has looked ever more frustrated.  Good luck to him. I hope he does well there.  
  • Options
    He won't go. Won't pass the medical
  • Options
    That’s £400k+ off the books.
    Break even here we come.
  • Options
    Anyone think we got any kind of fee in the end?
  • Options
    Think it’s a shame it hasn’t worked out this season, as we know full well he’s more than capable of going somewhere else and banging in 15-20 goals a season if used properly.

Personally would prefer us to have him on the books than Bonne. 
  • Options
    Liked him as a player and as an individual for us.

Shame his back injury seemed to turn him into a ghost of a player that he was for the majority of last season.

Hope though he manages to get over it, and rediscovers his old form (post Feb 11th) for Fleetwood
    Yes I’m pretty sure the back injury affected his mobility. I wish him well, as he seemed like a good bloke. 
  • Options
    Anyone think we got any kind of fee in the end?
    Knowing how the club is run at the moment, we probably paid Fleetwood £50k to take him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Stockley wasn’t the same player for us as soon as Washington was let go
    I don't disagree at all, but he was also very good for us in his loan under Adkins when we played 433 and he usually had two of DJ, Maatsen and Millar outside him. 8 goals and 2 assists in 22 appearances for two different managers in two different styles during that period was an impressive return and he didn't play with Washington that much under Adkins
  • Options
    "I want to finish my career here"
  • Options
    Good luck jayden.
  • Options
    If I was a Fleetwood fan I wouldn't be that happy. Signing a "striker" that has got just 2 league goals this season. His goals per minute ratio is awful. 
  • Options
    Seems like a nice fella - I wish him well. 
  • Options
    Fleetwood are about to sign both Stockley and Jack Marriot 
  • Options
    Good luck to him, post February 11th, of course, when I hope he scores a hat-trick of own goals (and we'd still probably lose 3-4).