Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey - another ACL injury (p6)

Dropped today and not even in the squad. I assume that AFC Wimbledon move we botched on deadline day in the Summer is back on. Shame because he night have made the difference today. Instead we saw the limitations of Jack Payne and the frustrations of Scott Fraser. Bar Dobson, we need stronger central mids than we currently have.

Comments

• Options
    May have been sick, apparently a few were taken ill, Morgan and Thomas being two. 
  • Options
    Dropped today and not even in the squad. I assume that AFC Wimbledon move we botched on deadline day in the Summer is back on. Shame because he night have made the difference today. Instead we saw the limitations of Jack Payne and the frustrations of Scott Fraser. Bar Dobson, we need stronger central mids than we currently have.
    How did we botch it ? (Not disagreeing just haven't heard that we botched a move. Nothing would surprise me)
  • Options
    How did we botch it ? (Not disagreeing just haven't heard that we botched a move. Nothing would surprise me)
    Think it was said Dangermouse bodged up the paperwork and missed the transfer deadline , something along those lines 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    player of the year means nothing clearly.. 
    "what have you done for me lately" 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    player of the year means nothing clearly.. 
    "what have you done for me lately" 
     Well yes, exactly. You're only of use whilst you're performing, if you're not performing you're rightfully dropped and have to re-earn your place. 

He's not done anything since returning from injury that puts him ahead of Fraser or Dobson. 

If he's vying with Morgan or Payne for a place in the squad you'd have an argument, but his workrate hasn't even been that good so there's a lot he needs to do to be first, second or third choice as it stands. 
  • Options
    I blame it on the boogie!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have 3 games this week, every chance he is being rested. 
    I’m still waiting for Fraser to win a tackle in midfield, Morgan is inconsistent, and Payne is nothing special
    JFC doesn’t have a lot to beat to get in the squad. 
  • Options
    Fraser is a quality player at this level and isn't there to win tackles. Just needs less dross around him. Dobbo is our best player imo and Payne should always be on the bench as an option. 

If we are looking to make space in the squad, I would be trying to move in JFC who (despite that fabled appearance at left back) is generally a bit style over substance as a midfielder and Albie Morgan who frankly is never going to the player we all wanted him to be for us. 

Would certainly like a 1st team CM to come in but we need to strengthen in so many areas it's hard to know where to start!

• Options
    I’m still waiting for Fraser to win a tackle in midfield, Morgan is inconsistent, and Payne is nothing special
    If that's the case, JFC should be off to a very good L1 side then, not L2
  • Options
    Presumably we have to factor in that Holden got told the same thing re: JFC that Garner did re: his contract and that with each additional game he now plays, it costs TS more money.  
  • Options
    Think it was said Dangermouse bodged up the paperwork and missed the transfer deadline , something along those lines 
    Good grief ............ at least it wasn't a striker coming in !
  • Options
    Good grief ............ at least it wasn't a striker coming in !
    You’re correct , it wasn’t a striker it was Macaulay barn door Bonne 
  • Options
    People still putting up JFC as the messiah because he performed against under 21 teams in the cup, surely not? 

Everytime he played against proper opposition this season he's been as bad as the rest of them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fraser is so one paced, fella drifts through games at the moment without impacting them. Personally think JFC should of had a run as this team and the form has been shocking and Fraser is one of those that has cruised 
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    Fraser is a quality player at this level and isn't there to win tackles. Just needs less dross around him. Dobbo is our best player imo and Payne should always be on the bench as an option. 

If we are looking to make space in the squad, I would be trying to move in JFC who (despite that fabled appearance at left back) is generally a bit style over substance as a midfielder and Albie Morgan who frankly is never going to the player we all wanted him to be for us. 

Would certainly like a 1st team CM to come in but we need to strengthen in so many areas it's hard to know where to start!

No way is Fraser so good that he can get away without doing the defensive side of the game, especially playing in part of a midfield 2.

Indeed I can't help wondering whether that game for MKD was a bit of a one off
    Fixed
  • Options
    Frasers problem is often his first touch is heavy and moves break down because the opposition get hold of these loose balls (Kenneth).
  • Options
    What? You obvs didn’t watch him on Boxing Day then?
  • Options
    League one to high for JFC his injuries have caught up with him , can’t influence a game anymore 
  • Options
    Fraser has been one of our better players this season .. again Saturday he was excellent not only going forward but his defensive work as improved 
  • Options
    Fraser has been one of our better players this season .. again Saturday he was excellent not only going forward but his defensive work as improved 
    You must be joking..........too slow and their corner that led for their goal came from him dallying on the ball and dispossessed. How many assists this season. There is a reason why Ipswich offloaded him............not good enough!
  • Options
    No way no way, Fraser should of been pulled off at HT. He was a passenger throughout, gave the ball away at least 3 times in first ten mins, was out of position most of first half giving them all the space down the right against Sess snd lost the ball for the goal. Shocking performance 
  • Options
    He needs to take at least 10 with him...