Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dean Holden - Jan 2024: now assistant manager at Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia (p46)

Comments

• According to @DDOUBLEE on the other thread , Nixon is saying Holden is coming in.
  • Did some research into Holden when Garner was sacked. Nothing I saw filled me with confidence. Genuinely think it would be an awful choice by TS.
  • Did some research into Holden when Garner was sacked. Nothing I saw filled me with confidence. Genuinely think it would be an awful choice by TS.
    What were you expecting?
  • Proof that Nixon has said this
    What were you expecting?
    I was expecting someone like Holden. I was hoping for someone who wouldn't increase our chances of being relegated.
    What were you expecting?
    I was expecting someone like Holden. I was hoping for someone who wouldn't increase our chances of being relegated.
    TS invariably won't disappoint us...😥
  • Lmao

No to upcoming managers. 

No to past it managers.

No to managers successful at rivals.

No to anyone without a Charlton link.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Lmao

No to upcoming managers. 

No to past it managers.

More that nobody trusts TS, who is picking the managers?  Who jas the contacts and the knowledge to assess the candidates?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Lmao

No to upcoming managers. 

No to past it managers.

I can't see anything on Holden's CV that remotely suggests he would be good.  In all honesty I would give big Mick a call until the end of the season, assuming big Sam doesn't want it.  Truth is he would probably tell Thomas to stick it up his bollocks.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Lmao

No to upcoming managers. 

No to past it managers.

Or no to shit managers that will probably lead us to L2
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2022
    Appointing a manager makes no sense if he’s selling up
    He is too big headed to act sensibly. My view is he will run us into the ground and then walk away, plunging us into Administration. Might not happen this season, but one does not have to look too far to see other clubs that have either disappeared or dropped out of the leagues.

I think we could end up in the national league….

I just hope he has not pissed off HMRC or the VAT man and that he walks away and leaves us with a pile of debt.

Another shite manager is the least of our problems
  • Seemed well liked at Stoke. And at Bristol City before it went wrong.

Don’t hate the appointment (if it happens) - it’s about as good as we can get in the current circumstances.
  • edited December 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    BigDiddy said:
    He is too big headed to act sensibly. My view is he will run us into the ground and then walk away, plunging us into Administration. Might not happen this season, but one does not have to look too far to see other clubs that have either disappeared or dropped out of the leagues.

I just hope he has not pissed off HMRC or the VAT man and that he walks away and leaves us with a pile of debt.

The only person Thomas costs money by administration is Thomas.  He will give the club away before putting it in admin (unless of course he becomes personally bankrupt which is highly unlikely IMO).

HMRC is the VAT man....

What other clubs the size of Charlton have dropped out the league?

Other than that I couldn't agree more.

Edit: Sorry administration also potentially costs Roland money so double not happening.
    !) HMRC = VAT +  other taxes that he may owe. That is what I meant as many clubs owe multiple taxes

2) He is losing money NOW - £500k per month is what I read, so my point holds on this

3) We are not too big to fail, If we fall to league 2 and this farce of 2 owners continues, then who knows?

He is not UK based, so he could walk away, cut his losses and there would be no recourse to him after that.

Our position is very toxic.

• If he "walks" someone gets the club for nothing. 
  • edited December 2022
    If he "walks" someone gets the club for nothing. 
    Exactly, all financial advisors should know this ;-)

Fed up of trying to explain it, that's before you take into account the 7 million reasons why Roland would take it back and pass it on for a quid.
  • Has to be Warnock
  • Someone that was at the World Cup is my bet. But for that to happen it also has to be new owner in place and Sandgaard gone completely.
  • Someone that was at the World Cup is my bet. But for that to happen it also has to be new owner in place and Sandgaard gone completely.
    Bollocks, I wanted Pep...

You think SCP is a goer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Has to be Warnock
    Username checks out
  • Not Chris Powell I was thinking about.
  • In amongst all this nonsense I wonder what input Steve Gallen has in this? Not a lot I'm thinking.
  • Not Chris Powell I was thinking about.
    Steve Holland?  I don't think Southgate would have agreed to stay on without him.

Let me think...
  • BigDiddy said:

You’re a right ray of sunshine aren’t you? ;)
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Someone (who normally knows a fair bit) reckons the announcement tomorrow is an interim appointment designed to keep the fans onside until the club is sold (Curbs or Chris Powell I guess would be the only ones who could do that)
    Chris Powell is an England coach and a Spurs academy job. Why would he give those roles up to work for this circus?
  • Holder confirmed WYAF
  • Cheap and available. The Sandgaard candidate.