Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dean Holden - Jan 2024: now assistant manager at Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia (p46)

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Clearly a good coach of younger players and definitely puts us in a good position for getting the best loan players. This is definitely the kind of manager Sandgaard will be looking for so I think this could be the best available

I'm looking at it as if the taps are being turned off in January and whoever the manager is has to work with what's there and a couple of loans max , then this might not be a bad move. Can see why it would appeal to TS for sure. 
  • edited December 2022
  • NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Clearly a good coach of younger players and definitely puts us in a good position for getting the best loan players. This is definitely the kind of manager Sandgaard will be looking for so I think this could be the best available
    Said before everyone has to start somewhere … even Pep and co 
    Pep started at Barcelona!!!!!!

he had one year with the b team and then went straight to the main gig. Peps route to the top was a very different route than the Eddie howes and graham potters of this world.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    It’s a no from me. He’s completely f****** up coaching the All Biacks rugby team. Then again, Charlton might be his logical level.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Looks to much like Jonny Williams for my liking. It’s a no from me. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Job advert must state... " must have Uefa level qualifications and must be bald. " 
  • edited December 2022
    You ask why any manager in their right mind would come to us - but these sort of opportunities are few and far between so there will always be someone with a decent reputation whether it is an up and coming coach, journeyman, or anything in between. 

At the end of the day until the is a change in strategy from the top, unless we luck upon a magic formula, it will not matter who comes in and we will just be stuck in this death spiral.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Translation: TS hasn’t got the money to spend and thinks he can get a miracle worker to turn our academy players into a promotion winning side in the third tier. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Pep's first managers job was Barcelona...
    *Barcelona B
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    But why would he want to risk trashing his reputation by coming to Charlton?
    And who is going to want to set their (decent) loan players back by sending them to Charlton?
  • edited December 2022
    No guarantees of anything in football but he could probably come here and if by some miracle does well, enhance his reputation to no end.

If he doesn’t do well and gets moved on, he can go back to the England set up with minimal fuss and his failures can be blamed on the club being a basket case.

Much like Garner - I expect he’ll pop up with a top end League 2 job in the not too distant future. His stint here won’t have enhanced his rep, but we’re at the point where failing at Charlton doesn’t hurt you too much either.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Pep's first managers job was Barcelona...
    *Barcelona B
    On that basis the other bloke wouldn't be starting here either then? 
  • I, for one, have mocked the likes of Watford and their habitual changing of Manager but we've had almost as many appointments since March 2014. The next one will be number 13, I believe, in that time.
    let's hope it'll be lucky for some .. make that all of us
  • Why aren’t we looking at getting in an experienced manager. All assistant managers or youth coaches. 

*dreams* new owners have loads of money and get wilder in 
  • Why aren’t we looking at getting in an experienced manager. All assistant managers or youth coaches. 

*dreams* new owners have loads of money and get wilder in 
    Enrique is free.
  • If we are indeed getting a new owner then I don’t see us appointing a manager until that happens. If Mr Varney is bringing the new owner in waiting with him to the Brighton game, then I guess that there is a good possibility that due diligence has already been completed and a deal could be close.
    May it then be possible that Garner was given the old heave ho because there was the opportunity to utilise a contract break and new owner knows who he wants in?
    Of course there is the possibility that new owner wants his guy in quickly and may foot the bill, but I would think that unlikely.
  • Just a thought. Let's let the coach go back to coaching, skip the 'make the caretaker the official manager' malarkey, and sppoint a good experienced manager, and....wait for it...

back him in the transfer market?

Just a thought.

• Sponsored links:

• Does matter who the new manager might be. While the owner cannot afford to run the club, it will be the same old , same old as before.
  • Should of kept Jackson really 
  • Anything going on with this?
    Are we actively looking? Is Sandgaard interviewing?
  • Seems highly unlikely that any new man will be installed before any possible takeover happens or until it falls through. Who would accept the job in the full knowledge that new owners were coming in. I think Anthony Hayes has the con for the foreseeable. Let’s hope he has enough about him to keep us in league One. 
  • Anything going on with this?
    Are we actively looking? Is Sandgaard interviewing?
    Interviewed 618362 candidates yesterday.
  • Sandgaard has no money; the team have no value; RD owns the ground and training ground. 

TS wants to sell, but keep a “stake” and he also says we should be in the top 4 now.

It’s as if these fuckwits live an a parallel universe.

No sensible person will buy or put money into us, with all this going on.

Oh, I forgot the joke appointment of AH and the suggestion that some other unknown will be our next manager.

Division 2 [and worse awaits] and I will not go to any more games, or stream any games unless our club is rid of this filth.

I will join the protests outside [peacefully, of course] if any are arranged.

• #manningball
  • #manningball

Wouldn't surprise me if he's a candidate, even if it's all gone wrong for MK this season after losing Darling and Twine. 
  • edited December 2022
    It's nearly Christmas and we haven't beaten a team in the League from the bottom half of the table in the 3rd tier. We are in new territory of Dystopian nightmare and I was there in the 70's with just 3k or so against Port Vale ? On the vast empty terracing because the lack of ambition from Michael G. Had seen most fans drift off and their kids support other teams once the decent team in the late 60's was broken up and replaced with inferior players. 

Possibly if Ben Garner was backed with Athletes and fit players who could play his preferred style but the same goes for JJ if he had been backed and not given the ridiculous challenge of taking Charlton from 22nd to 8th ! He should've got a medal for taking us to 13th with the injured squad we had. 

So who is the next victim to try to get blood from a stone ?

Let's give Derren Brown a go he's good at illusions.
  • Manning should be a cheap option after getting elbow from franchise and will play TS’s high pressing football 🙈