Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dean Holden - Jan 2024: now assistant manager at Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia (p46)

Comments

• Options
    But he is also ex Millwall.
  • Options
    If we dug up Bobby Robson, would he still be able to do the job?
  • Options
    Spin the wheel / pin the tale on the donkey, must be a transfer window coming up, when will we learn?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    But he is also ex Millwall.
    That used to be a cause for concern, probably means he’s above us these days. 
  • Options
    Jackett is the only sensible name I've seen mentioned so far.

But this all feels a bit like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic atm.
    Don't hate the idea of Dean Holden either but my second sentence still stands.
  • Options
    Echo the thoughts of a lot on here.
    Pep could turn round tomo and go i am sick of winning everything and getting loads of money. I want to live in London and have a new challenge. It really don’t matter who we get. As we will still have the same squad. The same lack of investment in transfers the same “family” at the top doing what they want how they want. So right now until we get rid I can’t see TS having a personality and brain transplant or putting his hands up and saying I’ve made 1,2,3,4,5…mistakes and I’m going to invest on someone to run the club and take a back seat (if he not willing to sell or his price he has us up for isn’t the right one) I mean the amount of money he is spending on compensation surely pay a football man to run the club properly take a back seat and run the businesses you know and understand. But until something changes at the top all we will be doing is painting over the cracks with any little new manager bounce or impressive youth player or odd decent win. 
  • Options
    https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/charlton-athletic

Latest.

Leam Richardsons been mentioned. What we think? Least he knows how to work under shit owners.

Fits the young profile and done well with Wigan albeit with money, which he wont have here obviously. 

Could be a decent appointment given the circumstance.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    If hes expecting any kind of new manager bounce like we got with Jacko last year he's gonna have a nasty surprise.

Situation very different when adkins was sacked. It was largely recognised it wasn't working and he was the problem. Players weren't playing for him. The appointment of a club legend managed to, at least temporarily, put a plaster over the cracks and galvanise the fans who backed him anf the players to the hilt. Nothing of the sort will happen this time.
  • Options

The only one I don’t recognise is the one currently in the hot seat 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LordDofB said:
    Karen Hills  😏

Maybe some over the Hills old timers.
  • Options
    Neil Redfern being linked by The Mirror , left field option but would fit with working a lot with young players and obviously an ex player too. 
  • Options
    Think tonight's showing shows we need a new manager ASAP

And owner... 
    ....And about 14 players
  • Options
    We need a manager with connections and a high profile. John Terry is my pick.
  • Options
    I really hope TS can for once accept all this we need play out the back and passing nonsense needs to stop, just appoint a manager who knows what they are doing and leave them to it PLEASE
  • Options
    It really doesn't matter who is appointed. They have nothing to work with and no prospect of things getting any better
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I really hope TS can for once accept all this we need play out the back and passing nonsense needs to stop, just appoint a manager who knows what they are doing and leave them to it PLEASE
    Do you not comprehend that TS IS the problem & knows feck all about the Beautiful Game ! 

Unbelievable ! 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Do you not comprehend that TS IS the problem & knows feck all about the Beautiful Game ! 

Unbelievable ! 
    Oh yes he is clueless I am not saying that he isn't, but at the end of the day as it stands he is making the choices and its about time he made a correct one  :) every blind squirrel finds the nuts at least once and all that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    CH4RLTON said:

Unbelievable ! 
    Oh yes he is clueless I am not saying that he isn't, but at the end of the day as it stands he is making the choices and its about time he made a correct one  :) every blind squirrel finds the nuts at least once and all that
    TBH, dear fellow Lifer, without even losing his sight, I believe Sandgaard ( spit!) would have difficulty in finding his own nuts !
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    CH4RLTON said:

Unbelievable ! 
    TBH, dear fellow Lifer, without even losing his sight, I believe Sandgaard ( spit!) would have difficulty in finding his own nuts !
    That guitar’s in the way for a start
  • Options
    I’ve heard that TS has taken sole charge of the  recruitment process, and it’s not Dean but in fact he’s found Dick Holden, himself.

I’m trying too hard. I’ll get me coat.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Anyone spoken too will in turn speak to Garner and then say no as they will realise promises made will inevitably be broken.
    Wrong. There will always be managers desperate enough to get back into the game. Any decent manager won’t take it, but others certainly will. 
    Exactly, I said on the sacked thread there's plenty of out of work managers & a wage is a wage even for 6 months.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Completely out of the blue option if there's any truth to it.  I don't hate the idea
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Completely out of the blue option if there's any truth to it.  I don't hate the idea
    I do.  If we are going to appoint someone ahead of a "net zero" January we need a pragmatic, experienced manager.  Else we seriously could get relegated.

If there is a complete 180 in terms of approach it's a different story but then why not do that for Garner, Jackson, Adkins...
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Clearly a good coach of younger players and definitely puts us in a good position for getting the best loan players. This is definitely the kind of manager Sandgaard will be looking for so I think this could be the best available
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Clearly a good coach of younger players and definitely puts us in a good position for getting the best loan players. This is definitely the kind of manager Sandgaard will be looking for so I think this could be the best available
    Said before everyone has to start somewhere … even Pep and co