Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dean Holden - Jan 2024: now assistant manager at Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia (p46)

Comments

• Options
    John Terry
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Anyone spoken too will in turn speak to Garner and then say no as they will realise promises made will inevitably be broken.
    Wrong. There will always be managers desperate enough to get back into the game. Any decent manager won’t take it, but others certainly will. 
    Karl Robinson took the job in a, externally, worse situation.  We won't get that good a manager, for long, under TS.
  • Options
    We're stuffed until we get a decent owner...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Anyone spoken too will in turn speak to Garner and then say no as they will realise promises made will inevitably be broken.
    Wrong. There will always be managers desperate enough to get back into the game. Any decent manager won’t take it, but others certainly will. 
    Karl Robinson took the job in a, externally, worse situation.  We won't get that good a manager, for long, under TS.
    I don’t think that era of Duchatelet was worse than this one .  It had some really good players in Rudd, Bauer, Pearce, Texeira,Konsa, Aribo and Holmes, plus he brought in Dasilva and JFC. RD wasn’t at his interfering worst then either.  
  • Options
    I can’t understand why, if PV is sorting a deal, has TS sacked BG? Why not wait for the new owners to do it,.
  • Options
    I can’t understand why, if PV is sorting a deal, has TS sacked BG? Why not wait for the new owners to do it,.
    Because there's no deal?
  • Options
    If we're patient enough we could get Russell Slade back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because Sandgaard doesn’t like to hear the truth. 
  • Options
    Because there's no deal?
    Hard to believe any deal exists...

TS and RD just trying to finish the club off..
  • Options
    In all seriousness, I really couldn't care less. Sandgaard has really sped up the apathy with his total lack of acumen and strategy. In a couple of years, we've hired and fired a Mr Motivator, a manager who's succeeded higher up, a club legend, the current assistant, an up-and-comer and an apparent total football/high press exponent, all crammed into just 3 appointments. He is so efficient and capable he's literally covered off every manager cliché going apart from perhaps Mike Bassett's 4-4-f***ing-2...
  • Options
    Don't expect anyone with any real clout.
    Bowyer, Jackson, Garner and Adkins know lots of people in the game and no doubt the word has been spread in many circles that Sandgaard is bobbins and to steer well clear 
  • Options
    I really don't think it makes the slightest difference who the next manager is. Nothing will change.
    The football Gods are against us.
  • Options
    The only ones we have a chance on are managers out of employment/favour who will take any role to get back in to the game and get a wage or a youngster looking for his first job.

If he is not playing much at Oxford I would go interview John Mousinho.  PFA Rep, well respected in the game. Good communicator.  Similar to when we bought in Chris Powell.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    The only ones we have a chance on are managers out of employment/favour who will take any role to get back in to the game and get a wage or a youngster looking for his first job.

If he is not playing much at Oxford I would go interview John Mousinho.  PFA Rep, well respected in the game. Good communicator.  Similar to when we bought in Chris Powell.
    Brought, we  brought him in. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Until we get a decent owner the manager is largely irrelevant. Most decent managers won't want to work for TS..
  • Options
    Do we believe he pulled the trigger then based on Friday as the final straw and without someone lined up?

That would surprise me more.

But that said any scenario is now believable. 
  • Options
    because PV is always apparently sorting a deal - u can't fault him for trying i guess 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do we believe he pulled the trigger then based on Friday as the final straw and without someone lined up?

That would surprise me more.

But that said any scenario is now believable. 
    Based on the 91st minute allegedly...
  • Options
    Darren Ferguson will do me - goals galore - if morrison got it, you'd see me protesting within the hour, glued to the car park entrance tarmac  stopping him from getting in - same with neil harris   
  • Options
    couple of quid on floyd and harvey as joint interim managers...
  • Options
    I honestly don't care who we bring in at this point.  I just want someone who can bring complete stability to the club.  At least until the end of the year. 
  • Options
    For the first time ever I am seriously contemplating the prospect we will be in League 2 next season. Unless Sandgaard is prepared to open his wallet and start trusting people who know about football and not the idiots he has brought in so far, then we are royally screwed whoever is appointed as his next fall guy
  • Options
    Fuck it, can't we all have a go 2 weeks at a time?
  • Options
    Jackett is the only sensible name I've seen mentioned so far.

But this all feels a bit like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic atm.
    Correct. TS can change managers all he likes but it’s him that need to change whether that means him going or just realising he’s fucking up big time, replace the recruitment team, properly back a new manager. It won’t happen though.
  • Options
    Mark Bircham now favourite on Bet Victor

i know for a fact he and Steve Gallen are friends.  Last seen in second tier in Italy with Como