Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dean Holden - Jan 2024: now assistant manager at Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia (p46)

Names in the frame Personally, I am gutted I felt Garner was on the right track and with more support would have turned this around.

It looks like Kenny Jackett has been seen at our recent games. My feeling is that would be an Adkins type appointment. A manager who would have been ideal ten years ago ,but maybe not now.

JFH would be very unpopular IMHO ,but given TS doesn't seem to care much about fans opinions. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pitch up.

Would Bowyer return? What about Neil Critchley?

I have deliberately ruled out the likes of Parker, Warburton or Wilder as unrealistic.

Comments

• edited December 2022
    I reckon Sandgaard wants JFH …

… I don’t!
  • How about Wayne Brown.  Would be known to Ron Dangerfield and certainly would fit the "break even" rhetoric.  
  • How about Wayne Brown.  Would be known to Ron Dangerfield and certainly would fit the "break even" rhetoric.  
    Wait, BNP Wayne Brown? Dear Christ lol
  • Darren Ferguson is one I hear we’ve spoken to 
  • Anthony Hayes caretaker boss, 3 positive results and gets the gig full time.
    just thinking like someone that likes to save a £ or two and not necessarily know much about running a football club. 😉
  • Leam Richardson and Steve Morison are also available
  • Liam Richardson in the frame … Bowyer and Sutton manager 
  • Liam Richardson in the frame … Bowyer and Sutton manager 
    Don't you mean Leam Richardson?
  • Hayden Mullins is out of work after being sacked by Colchester 
    Hayden Mullins Darren Purse dream management duo
  • Sponsored links:

• Posted on the gawn thread - but copied here: Don't think we'll see a permanent manager this side of January.  I'd appoint Hayes as caretaker with advice/support from Curbs while they either search for a manager who can strengthen the team in January to his style or "hold the fort" until new owners of investment secured.
  • Martin Sandgaard 
  • Someone who will be hugely under-resourced and gone at the end of the season
  • Richard J said:
    Names in the frame Personally, I am gutted I felt Garner was on the right track and with more support would have turned this around.

It looks like Kenny Jackett has been seen at our recent games. My feeling is that would be an Adkins type appointment. A manager who would have been ideal ten years ago ,but maybe not now.

JFH would be very unpopular IMHO ,but given TS doesn't seem to care much about fans opinions. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pitch up.

Would Bowyer return? What about Neil Critchley?

I have deliberately ruled out the likes of Parker, Warburton or Wilder as unrealistic.
    Whoever he picks it will be a disaster 
  • “I have deliberately ruled out the likes of Parker, Warburton or Wilder as unrealistic” - why would any of those come to the Valley ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Does it actually matter who we get. Just like Adkins, JJ and Garner they won’t get the support required. The squad is sub standard and I’d like to see how that’s corrected with a deluded break even policy. This season is long over and whoever comes in will be allowed to bring in the usual rag tag and bobtail of freebies, injury prone journeyman and out of contracts. I really think I’m done from caring at this point. Never felt as disconnected to Charlton as I do now. That’s after 62 years of going to games. 
    This with knobs on.
  • BigDiddy said:
    “I have deliberately ruled out the likes of Parker, Warburton or Wilder as unrealistic” - why would any of those come to the Valley ??
    Parker said, a long time ago, that one day he'd like to manage Charlton.  Having said that I don't think it will happen...
  • Leam Richardson is the clear standout but even he is probably unrealistic for us as no one will want to work under Sandgaard unless they are desperate for a league 1 job
  • Anyone spoken too will in turn speak to Garner and then say no as they will realise promises made will inevitably be broken.
  • NabySarr said:
    Leam Richardson is the clear standout but even he is probably unrealistic for us as no one will want to work under Sandgaard unless they are desperate for a league 1 job
    It’s not even a particularly good League One job. Fan base with high expectations, owner with ludicrous expectations, chaotic shenanigans behind the scenes including the stadium owned by a geriatric bloke in Belgium and zero budget to spend. 

Charlton are a big name on paper on this division, scratch beneath the surface and it’s a pretty awful gig. The only manager we’ll be able to attract are those in the last chance saloon or possibly some up-and-comer from the non-league ranks. 
  • Anyone spoken too will in turn speak to Garner and then say no as they will realise promises made will inevitably be broken.
    Wrong. There will always be managers desperate enough to get back into the game. Any decent manager won’t take it, but others certainly will. 
  • I would say Jason Pearce, but don’t want to see another former player go the way of Bowyer and Jackson. 
  • Karen Hills  😏