Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terell Thomas - May 2024: Post-release interview with the SLP (p18)

Comments

• Options
    Was sadly sat near Ackworth in the family stand, and all he did was slag off Thomas all game long, embarrassing 
  • Options
    LCB in a back three really suits him, allows cover for his odd mistake but also let’s him showcase his ability on the ball and eye for a pass. Won everything in the air against pigott and Archibald too.
  • Options
    Would keep him in when Hector is fit, in place of Ness at the moment. Proper odd walk/running style but gets the job done most the time. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Was sadly sat near Ackworth in the family stand, and all he did was slag off Thomas all game long, embarrassing 
    Ackworth has a family?!
  • Options
    I have liked him since his first spell when I saw him play for the U21's a few times.

I think he has benefited from having a full pre season. Last year he always looked as though fitness wise he was catching up.
  • Options
    He's a pretty big lump too which is handy. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    He’s quite classy on the ball (Thomas, not Ackworth that is).
    Bit of a bonus that he’s doing so well, as I think he was bought as bit of a squad filler; although perhaps the recruitment team know more than I do ;-)
    He’s become a bit of a favourite of mine. Have quite a few now, compared with a year or so back. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Was sat there too, wondering who’s that idiot shouting to get Thomas off the pitch every two minutes. Eventually, I looked over and saw who it was and thought, now it makes sense.

He seemed to be angry with Thomas when he was nowhere near the ball, I’m not truly convinced he knew which player Thomas was.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was pondering what Dean Holden was saying in the excellent CAST internet question and answer event when thinking about Thomas and others.
    Holden talked of competition for places, that even though we are family, we don’t have to be a family of angels. It could be that Thomas is a player who knows his place isn’t necessarily guaranteed so he ups his game, I even think Anderson was a signal for Camara, McGrandles and even Fraser, and Campbell a signal for Kirk. Maybe even Hector was getting a bit of a hint too.
    It could well be that as the season progresses only Dobbo and May will be certainties to start when fit, oh and CBT for at least the first hour of every game.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The fact is, he was a whisker away from leaving in January and nobody would have been upset had this happened. He then managed to force his way in the team and has looked a much better player. There is a tendancy, which it is important to guard against, to form an opinion and then stick to it. I would say to those who have done this with Thomas, imagine he was a new signing in January, you would probably be far more impressed with him I would wager.
  • Options
    The fact is, he was a whisker away from leaving in January and nobody would have been upset had this happened. He then managed to force his way in the team and has looked a much better player. There is a tendancy, which it is important to guard against, to form an opinion and then stick to it. I would say to those who have done this with Thomas, imagine he was a new signing in January, you would probably be far more impressed with him I would wager.
    Also think the improvement since January says a lot about his personality and work ethic. Loads of players would have sulked and then quietly disappeared in the summer
  • Options
    When he when he arrived he played a number of games in the U21’s which I saw. He was played in a couple of defensive positions. He impressed me from the start because his attitude was positive, he had an attractive kind of composure, and he was very different to Innes and Lavelle, even O’Connell.
    There was subsequent quite strong criticism of Thomas and I wondered what it was based on. I don’t think he is a world beater but he has faced the challenge and responded in a mature way, and he does have an amount of ability. 
    One to respect in my view.
  • Options
    His composure on the ball and comfort with both feet are massive assets to Holden's system. Compare and contrast his two colleagues yesterday (although Jones will surely improve)
  • Options
    Thomas currently playing for Saint Lucia in the CONCACAF Nations League

Game is available on the CONCACAF youtube channel 
  • Options
    Are Saint Lucia at Charlton's almighty level?

• Options
    Thanks for this. just started watching 2nd half and this woman is useless. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    His composure on the ball and comfort with both feet are massive assets to Holden's system. Compare and contrast his two colleagues yesterday (although Jones will surely improve)
    Only just seen this comment. Composure is not an asset that I associate with Thomas, irrespective of whichever country he represents.
    Like Hector, he is an accident/error, waiting to happen.
    They should both only be back-up to a proper back-line, but that looks unlikely at the moment.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Thanks for this. just started watching 2nd half and this woman is useless. 
    Which woman? Saint Lucia? Didn’t know she was even in the squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think he's another one stealing a living
  • Options
    I have previously posted that when TT has come on  when we were drawing or winning and we have ended up losing. His first touch is non-existent, He can not dribble and can not read a game and is constantly caught out of position. I watch Sunday league players that have better positional play. 
    Not even Kent League standard. 

I can not for the life of me see how this lad got a professional contract.
  • Options
    His performances at CB have been disappointing since he joined us. After last season, I'm sure he only earned another contract based on his performances as a back up LB
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Harsh. He isn't great but doesn't hide. I can't dig out players who try but just aren't at the level they need to be. Don't think he did much wrong yesterday tbf 
    He's crap and re signing him was an acceptance of mediocrity 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Gribbo said:
    Harsh. He isn't great but doesn't hide. I can't dig out players who try but just aren't at the level they need to be. Don't think he did much wrong yesterday tbf 
    He's crap and re signing him was an acceptance of mediocrity 
    This 
  • Options
    He lumbers around like a modern day Lurch, waves his foot occasionally towards the ball, sometimes makes contact, so one footed it’s laughable. I’m gobsmacked he’s still at the Club, he was awful last season and shouldn’t have been kept on.
  • Options
    With Kirk and Tedic discussions being on first page, Thomas’ deserves to be too. An abysmal performance last night, losing plenty of one-on-one, sloppy kicking and slicing at balls with no control. 

Disagree. He was fine. Their striker didn't get a sniff and they had one shot on target all night.

Fine isn't exactly the kind of performance you want to see against a side you should be much superior to. But we already knew he was a limited player.

IMO there were far bigger problems with yesterday's team.
  • Options
    A centre half (it's what he is) getting criticised because he can't dribble  :o