Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cost of living crisis

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    I wonder how much longer Tesco will keep their meal deals at £3 for. 
    They aren't they're 3.50, 3 with a club card. How many people pop out or are out and about and don't have the club card on them, and haven't downloaded it on their phone, or can't be arsed with the faf of it all.

Any a recession is coming soon so at least everything will drop in price for a bit 
    So if people want to save money they need to hustle a bit and do simple things like download the club card to their phone. It ain’t hard. Rather than cry, people need to take a bit of responsibility themselves to get through this. I know I will be.
    Blimey, there’s always one.  Who’s crying??  There’s probably people concerned if that’s what you mean and too right.  
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I wonder how much longer Tesco will keep their meal deals at £3 for. 
    They aren't they're 3.50, 3 with a club card. How many people pop out or are out and about and don't have the club card on them, and haven't downloaded it on their phone, or can't be arsed with the faf of it all.

Any a recession is coming soon so at least everything will drop in price for a bit 
    So if people want to save money they need to hustle a bit and do simple things like download the club card to their phone. It ain’t hard. Rather than cry, people need to take a bit of responsibility themselves to get through this. I know I will be.
    Pensioners should just wear more jumpers, right?

I'm confident I could predict how you vote
    I thought the left hated pensioners.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Maybe we should have a thread on here on money saving tips rather than dig each other?
    Sorry you’re quite right. Just gets a bit tiresome with the Charlton left constantly hijacking threads with their political agenda.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Maybe we should have a thread on here on money saving tips rather than dig each other?
    Sorry you’re quite right. Just gets a bit tiresome with the Charlton left constantly hijacking threads with their political agenda.
    Bada bing.
  • Options
    Does it follow that if a person hates Tories that means they are of the left?
  • Options
    Politics cannot be divorced from the cost of living crisis, as decisions made by politicians are crucial to managing it.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Bada bing.
    Shine got you spot on
  • Options
    Politics cannot be divorced from the cost of living crisis, as decisions made by politicians are crucial to managing it.
    Some people can’t or won’t accept that. It’s not wanting to face the reality that our government are useless. Fortunately it would appear the numbers are changing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Got to send a meter reading in. Sorely tempted to overstate it a bit. My energy provider is Shell.
  • Options
    😂 who wakes up and sees a thread harmlessly exchanging tips about cheaper food during a cost of living crisis and thinks “right this is a good chance to call people I don’t know Tories”.  Proper odd, odd stuff.  
    The above is also accurate 
  • Options
    😂 who wakes up and sees a thread harmlessly exchanging tips about cheaper food during a cost of living crisis and thinks “right this is a good chance to call people I don’t know lefties”.  Proper odd, odd stuff.  
    So it’s on for the constant tories this and tories that then mate is it. I know you’ve defected but you’re always welcome back 😘
  • Options
    😂 who wakes up and sees a thread harmlessly exchanging tips about cheaper food during a cost of living crisis and thinks “right this is a good chance to call people I don’t know lefties”.  Proper odd, odd stuff.  
    So it’s on for the constant tories this and tories that then mate is it. I know you’ve defected but you’re always welcome back 😘
    No one’s talking Tories you angry man we’re talking cheap pasta and gravy granules.  Well played though the Tories will appreciate your boot licking.  
  • Options
    No one’s talking Tories you angry man we’re talking cheap pasta and gravy granules.  Well played though the Tories will appreciate your boot licking.  
    Have a look on the gas prices thread. Two posters were called tories as an insult, one of whom is a paid up member of the Lib Dems. 
  • Options
    Vegetables are very left-wing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Hard to see why or how
    anyone is still able to defend them actually 
  • Options
    Why would the Government want to stop these price rises? The higher they go, the more money they make in VAT etc. Reduce the prices would mean less income for them to spend on their moated homes!
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    Why would the Government want to stop these price rises? The higher they go, the more money they make in VAT etc. Reduce the prices would mean less income for them to spend on their moated homes!

It's our f*cking money, not theirs.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Rob7Lee said:

This is not left or right or middle - it's about being critical of a government (i.e. those that currently govern the country and are the only people in the position to make decisions) that by any measure is a complete shower of shit.
    The cost of living crisis is happening in almost every country in the world. So to put the blame on this government is a bit ridiculous.
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    What Bobmunro said plus if they don’t do something spectacular to relieve the burden of these price increases then I have little doubt that there will riots on the streets at some point when people can’t keep their kids warm or fed. They don’t really have much choice in my view.
  • Options
    redman said:
    bobmunro said:
    Rob7Lee said:

This is not left or right or middle - it's about being critical of a government (i.e. those that currently govern the country and are the only people in the position to make decisions) that by any measure is a complete shower of shit.
    The cost of living crisis is happening in almost every country in the world. So to put the blame on this government is a bit ridiculous.
     Very few comparable countries are dealing with inflation on the level that we are, and I can’t think of any that are staring down the barrel of what we’re going to see in the near future. It’s a global issue which is particularly acute in the U.K. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Rob7Lee said:

And the criticism is for good reason.  It’s little wonder they get such a pelting.  2 separate examples each reinforcing their scummy little ways 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62758159