Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    As always see what he’s like in a Charlton shirt before passing judgment on the lad 
    It won't take long before he's Charltonised. :smile:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Luckily he hasn't heard of Nile John.
    I’m sure he has. Just like he’s heard of Joe Gomez, Ezri Konsa, Ademola Lookman, Nick Pope, Conor Gallagher and Josh Cullen. 
    Next time you see him ask him. I was noting that what he said ain't necessarily true and many C Lifers thing players of his age is way to young. I don't. I think that if you are good enough you are probably old enough. 

I don’t need to ask him, they’ve played against each other at youth level ;) 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    a winger too far .. I'll be very surprised if he starts a game or even gets on as a sub .. surely there were better options available .. AND w t f are we doing Palace's development work for ? .. I do not understand this signing at all
    You cannot be serious?
    are you John fecking McEnroe .. chalk flew up .. yes I am totally serious, a waste of a place when we could do with a proper experienced striker .. 
    18 goals & 6 assists in 34 games (I think) in Premier League 2 playing wide.
    We don't want a striker to play alongside Stockley, so it has to be a wide goal scoring forward.
    Premier League 2 .. also known as youth team football .. we'll see if he can handle men's football .. 
    Ffs… how did Conor Gallagher do?  This lad has started a few senior games for the stripeys, he comes with a very good reputation. Knows a few of the lads already from Palace (Ryan) and Chelsea (Miles). Rein your neck in and give him some support! 

All things are relative, including disappointment. Maybe he was hoping for Kane.
  • Options
    It's all gone a bit measured and sensible so far. Kind of calming at the moment.
    The measure of success will be points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't wait to see JRS on the pitch, I reckon he could be just what the club has been thriving, I can see him and Leaburn really causing havoc when the games open up! Let's get right behind him, similar ages aswell!

I saw enough of Leaburn on Sat and Tues and to be fair to him, he is definitely good enough just as Michael Owen was when he came on the scene, and has a lot of attributes and will get better, with ML, JRS and CBT awesome!

BG will look after both of these and get the very best out of them can't wait to see them click, so refreshing as we have not seen anything as good as Cullen, Gallagher, Aribo and Beliek for a long time, so pleased for all us fans!!!

• Options
    Scoham said:
    If he’s as good as Palace think this is a great signing. They’ve got him signed up on a 5 year deal.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/jesurun-rak-sakyi-secures-five-year-crystal-palace-contract-and-charlton-athletic-loan/2022-08-11/
    Aaaaaarghh. 

People may not notice that this link is cpfc not cafc. Links like this should carry a warning. Who knows what damage might be done to our phones, PCs and tablets.
    I quite agree JM.  Clicking that link unawares, could seriously damage your eyesight!  I mean there's red then there's blue BUT red and blue?  Fuck off!
  • Options
    Hope he lives up to his impressive reputation. Now for that left sided defender and we're more or less sorted.
    + Simpson or Stockton on deadline day.
    Would prefer Simpson, worked with Garner before, and appears more mobile and pacey
    A bit like me
  • Options
    Hope he lives up to his impressive reputation. Now for that left sided defender and we're more or less sorted.
    + Simpson or Stockton on deadline day.
    Would prefer Simpson, worked with Garner before, and appears more mobile and pacey
    A bit like me
    Like Dion Dublin?
  • Options
    Welcome JRS
  • Options
    OMG SO SURPRISE 😲
  • Options
    Really exciting signing.  Will get bums off seats & fans cheering.  

Great stuff
  • Options
    if thats him being excited, i wouldn't want to see him sad - however, he may not be a natural raconteur in front of the camera but its on the pitch that matters and from what people say, could be a great addition - welcome aboard jrs 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Got a really good feeling about this one. But I hope he's ready to get clattered a lot this year. With quick feet like his, it's a certainty in this league. 

Great set of wingers we've got now! Imagine being run ragged by CBT for 70 minutes and then bringing on this bloke. (Or the other way round). 

I hope he does get clattered every game in the opposition penalty box. Would be good to win more penalties now we have O'Connell to fire them home.
  • Options
    “Jessie
    Oh Jes Rak-Sakyi runs down the wing for me.”
  • Options
    Looks a very exciting talent. Hope he has quality shin pads.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Really like this move , looks a very exciting signing from the clips and things that people have said about him. Be interesting to see how the 4 wingers are used and if Kirk is used in more home games where we are more on the front foot and JRS plays away from home a bit more opposite CBT.

Really rate this summer's business so far, a striker would really just be the icing on the cake. 
  • Options
    Blackett-Taylor one side, Rak-Sakyi the other. Any chance of getting a double-barrelled number nine to go alongside them?
  • Options
    Really exciting signing, I hope he’s more Connor Gallagher than Nathan Eccleston. 

It’s going to be entertaining to see Stockley try and keep up with both him and CBT. 
  • Options
    Really exciting signing, I hope he’s more Connor Gallagher than Nathan Eccleston. 

It’s going to be entertaining to see Stockley try and keep up with both him and CBT. 
    be in for a double hip replacement by christmas  
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see how he deals with coming up against the Morrisons and Pearces of League One, the scrappers who will boot him into the air and take a booking for it just to make a point.

That said he's clearly got real talent and an attacking mindset and properly utilised he should get a fair few goals and assists at this level.
  • Options
    Good signing.
     Both the owner and garner seem signed up to having a relatively small squad with opportunities for youngsters.
    So are we really going to sign another out an out cf striker who will have to play second fiddle to stockley, who after all has been given the captains armband so is gonna be our no 1 no 9
    Or will we experiment with false 9 position.
    Or is miles gonna need to become cf off the bench.
    Genuine questions  can't work it out. 
    However am in the glass half full group.
    Looking forward.
  • Options
    He looks a bit fragile size wise, hope he doesn't continually get muscled out, needs beefing up.