Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• I hope they’ve put a high release clause in his 3 year contract 
  • I know that it can be dangerous to try and bring youngsters through to early but I saw little yesterday to make me think this lad cant handle himself on the pitch. 
  • Walking in a Leaburn Wonderland 😎
  • Didn’t look out of place at all yesterday, he’s got the physicality to be involved in the squad regularly. 

It’ll be interesting to see how he does down the middle at some point but for now he gives us a good option on that right hand side. 
    100%
  • The header was the type we expect/have seen Stockley bury in his career.
  • mendonca said:
    The header was the type we expect/have seen Stockley bury in his career.
    It seemed that as he was playing on the right and the play was coming down the left it left him up against a much shorter full back who he easily dominated in the air to score
  • mendonca said:
    It seemed that as he was playing on the right and the play was coming down the left it left him up against a much shorter full back who he easily dominated in the air to score
    That type of move is part of the reason I’ve thought he’ll be effective this season. Swindon might not have put many high crosses in but that doesn’t mean we won’t.

We need goals from the wide areas and I can see Leaburn outscoring Kirk, CBT and DJ. Hopefully we’ll add JRS as another option this week too.
  • edited July 2022
    Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    That type of move is part of the reason I’ve thought he’ll be effective this season. Swindon might not have put many high crosses in but that doesn’t mean we won’t.

We need goals from the wide areas and I can see Leaburn outscoring Kirk, CBT and DJ. Hopefully we’ll add JRS as another option this week too.
    If his game time is well managed and he stays fit, I’m hoping Miles can bang in double figure goals this season, which would be excellent, no pressure Miles! 

I like players that are goal hungry, and not satisfied with what they have got, goal wise, I really hope Miles has that attribute, I’m sure with the help and know how of his dad he can do very well, he makes Carl look tiny! 👀 

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    mendonca said:

Indeed. This is not to say that we should be one dimensional but a tired full back with a Solly type physique challenging for the right cross to the back post (in the way that Solly was sometimes targeted) and hoping to beat Miles in the air just ain't going to happen!
  • Scoham said:
    mendonca said:

Indeed. This is not to say that we should be one dimensional but a tired full back with a Solly type physique challenging for the right cross to the back post (in the way that Solly was sometimes targeted) and hoping to beat Miles in the air just ain't going to happen!
    Looked up Accrington’s left back and he’s supposed to be 6 ft 3. With more teams looking to play out from the back and use attacking full backs he might turn out to be the biggest LB Miles comes up against all season.
  • https://twitter.com/cafcofficial/status/1553697228740591617?s=21&t=_KB0WbnAKts9-dGLi9GPvA

Apologies if already posted, what a humble and intelligent lad he comes across as, think we’re onto something with this one.
  • He looked good yesterday, and enough of a lump to mix it with the mens team. I really hope we keep hold of them both long enough to get to see him and kanu together in the men's team. They have all the makings of a front 2 that are perfect foil for eachother
  • https://twitter.com/cafcofficial/status/1553697228740591617?s=21&t=_KB0WbnAKts9-dGLi9GPvA

Apologies if already posted, what a humble and intelligent lad he comes across as, think we’re onto something with this one.
    Good interview but jees do I hate the quality of smartphone video calls being used publicly. 
  • Still think he’s definitely a striker and not really a winger based off pre-season/yesterday. Looked good enough against Colchester through the middle but obviously they are a league below. Will be interesting to see if he gets to play through the middle in the cup game against QPR and if he does well that could really put pressure on Stockley for his place 
  • great start to his first team career .. as I have typed elsewhere, by the end of the season I expect him to be a 1st team regular
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    Still think he’s definitely a striker and not really a winger based off pre-season/yesterday. Looked good enough against Colchester through the middle but obviously they are a league below. Will be interesting to see if he gets to play through the middle in the cup game against QPR and if he does well that could really put pressure on Stockley for his place 
    Agree but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t use him out wide - we need at least two of the front three to comfortably score double figures. I don’t see us getting that from CBT, DJ and Kirk.
  • He’ll be moved up front and Stockley will drop back… 
  • For both goals we attacked a wide area on side and someone from the other side of the pitch got into a central area in the box. We will score a lot more goals like that this season. CBT or DJ would not have had the instinct to get into the area that Leaburn did and the one time DJ got on the end of a cross, in the first half, he made a bit of a mess of a decent chance. That’s the advantage of having a player who is realty a centre forward playing wide in a front 3. They will look to get into the box more than a natural winger. 
  • For both goals we attacked a wide area on side and someone from the other side of the pitch got into a central area in the box. We will score a lot more goals like that this season. CBT or DJ would not have had the instinct to get into the area that Leaburn did and the one time DJ got on the end of a cross, in the first half, he made a bit of a mess of a decent chance. That’s the advantage of having a player who is realty a centre forward playing wide in a front 3. They will look to get into the box more than a natural winger. 
    I think we will play with 2 "center forwards" more often than a lot of people think.  Partly because most of our wingers are not actually good enough.
  • Love it oohahh 

I was sat by the pool in Majorca watching on the ipad 

Got a few funny looks when I shouted out “Yes, f*****g yes,  Leaaaaabbbbburrrrn” not least from my own kids 😂
    What was your swearing like when Accrington equalised?