Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    I can't think of any other player whom Charlton fans would be more willing to succeed than Miles Leaburn.  

Everyone loves to see a youngster coming up through the Academy and finding his feet in the first team.  No matter who, it's always appreciated when a player gets - and takes - a chance with the first team, having 'grown up' at Charlton.  'One of us', we're all very ready to exclaim.  

But for Miles it's different.  Different and better.  He ticks the youngster-through-the-ranks box; and he also ticks the his-Dad-used-to-play-for-us box.  While Gavin Peacock and Elliot Lee had the latter, they didn't have the first.  And while several players have come through the Academy and youth processes to appear, succeed and excel in the first team (and, in the cases of Parker, Konchesky, Lisbie (and more) win full international caps), none has done so as the son of a former Valley favourite.  Possibly (some on here will know better) the closest was Leigh Hales, son of the legendary Killer.  

But Miles goes one better.  His Mum is a Charlton legend too.  

Leaving aside his obvious talent and physical advantages, he has another, crucial edge.  He will have the support - the full, unambiguous, desperate-for-success support - of all Charlton fans.  Is he good enough?  Probably.  Do we want him to prove it?  Absolutely.  He will score goals in the Premier League.  I hope it's with Charlton. 

Miles, everyone wants you to go all the way.  I think you will. 
    Did he come through the Academy? Thought he joined from Chelsea?
    I very carefully avoided saying he did!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Following in his old man's footsteps by scoring on his debut - really pleased for the whole family.

Lete hope the similarities end there and it doesnt take him quite as long to score his second!
    Full debut for Carl v Newcastle May 1987

Debut as a sub v Oxford 
  • Options
    I’m really pleased for a miles and the whole family, but let’s not get carried away, he’s still a kid and he’s got a lot of growing to do ….  :*
  • Options
    Forget the ex managerial descriptions...

This one's for you, Miles .

Simply the best ! 

But with lots more to come.
  • Options
    His goals in pre season were quite varied, but today's was a proper Carl Leaburn goal. Just change Payne into Colin Walsh!
  • Options
    A legend in the making, l hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are they the only father and son to score for the first team where both have played for the academy/youth team?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Makes me feel old 🙂
  • Options
    Are they the only father and son to score for the first team where both have played for the academy/youth team?
    Yes
  • Options
    So now we have:

Keith and Gavin Peacock
    Nicky Forster and Jake Forster-Caskey (step)
    Robert and Elliot Lee
    Carl and Miles Leaburn.

Is that all the father (or stepfather) and sons to play for us?
  • Options
    So far, we haven't had a father and son who both had significant careers with us. It would be nice if Miles was the first one.
  • Options
    Like the cut of his jib. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So now we have:

Keith and Gavin Peacock
    Nicky Forster and Jake Forster-Caskey (step)
    Robert and Elliot Lee
    Carl and Miles Leaburn.

Is that all the father (or stepfather) and sons to play for us?
    Yes
  • Options
    Bless his cotton socks ! 
  • Options
    Bless his cotton socks ! 
    I think they’re some sort of nylon polyester mix
    With "Hummel" on the side  ;)