Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Euell departs (now First-Team Coach @ Bristol City)

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Jason
  • Options
    Good move for him. Did he leave of his own accord, rather than being let go?
    let go

Good luck to Jason, really pleased  for him
  • Options
    Good luck, Jason; great servant over so many years . 
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Has himself a positive fresh start at a different club.
  • Options
    Upward move. Surprising but not unwarranted. 
  • Options
    Excellent news for Jason
  • Options
    Good luck Jason, from being kicked out at Charlton to the Championship.
    That’s worked out well for him in the end.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just hope he doesn’t suffer the same treatment at BC because I can see Pearson being sacked before Christmas if they are not challenging for top six. He only hung on by his finger tips last season 
  • Options
    Congrats and good luck Jason, there is life after Charlton.
  • Options
    Glad to see he’s got a new job in first team football. I wonder if Powell recommended him to Pearson
  • Options
    I just hope he doesn’t suffer the same treatment at BC because I can see Pearson being sacked before Christmas if they are not challenging for top six. He only hung on by his finger tips last season 
    I thought the same, plus Pearson is a bit "special" at times.
  • Options
    Congratulations Jason moving upwards would have liked you to have been our manager maybe one day. 
  • Options
    Glad to see he’s got a new job in first team football. I wonder if Powell recommended him to Pearson
      Very likely to be the case. First thing I thought.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Jason Euell may want to be a manager or head coach where he gets to pick the team and decide the formation. Will probably have to go the National League but he has so many contacts that he will be in work very soon. 

Got a 1st team coach job in championship rather than try being a number 1 lower down. As others have said, Chris Powell is favourite to have been the middle man on this quick appointment. 
  • Options
    Wonder if Nile John will end up at BC too!
  • Options
    Jason Euell may want to be a manager or head coach where he gets to pick the team and decide the formation. Will probably have to go the National League but he has so many contacts that he will be in work very soon. 

Got a 1st team coach job in championship rather than try being a number 1 lower down. As others have said, Chris Powell is favourite to have been the middle man on this quick appointment. 
    Or that he played under Pearson at Southampton 
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him seems like a good move.ForeverAddickted said:
    LegacyFan said:

This is from The Athletic article on Euell earlier today:

Euell spoke with the owner, Thomas Sandgaard, and expressed an interest in the job. He emerged from that conversation feeling his candidacy would be considered, only for radio silence to ensue. Then, last month, Ben Garner was prised away from Swindon and took up the reins instead.

Euell had an inkling what might happen next. Sure enough, rather than introducing himself to Garner at the training ground, where the players were reporting back for pre-season testing, the 45-year-old was summoned to a 9am Thursday morning meeting with Sandgaard at The Valley.

“Once I’d had the call to go there, I knew,” he says. “I get it: the new manager is in the building and wants to do things his way. I understood this was an aspect of the game I’d chosen, the hiring and firing business.

“So I came in and saw Thomas, and he spoke about the new start, the change in direction. I stressed all I wanted was to see the club being successful again and back where it should be. If that was without me, so be it. It was all pretty amicable in the end and, if I’m honest, the timing was probably right. If the opportunity to manage the club wasn’t there, then what else could I hope to achieve at Charlton?

“We wished each other all the best and, after six years as a player there and nine as a coach, that was me done.”

Sorry if already posted but couldn't see it anywhere

Thanks for posting - Nice to see from his own ambition that he tried to go for the vacant job here.

But equally understand why Garner didnt want him here, and get it 100%
    Always comes over as been a very decent bloke.

• Options
    I firmly believe he will be an England manager in the future. Probably not the senior team, but I can see him being fully in charge of one of the unders' 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I firmly believe he will be an England manager in the future. Probably not the senior team, but I can see him being fully in charge of one of the unders' 
    If he wants to focus on club Management it might not be a bad route.

A lot of the successful junior England Managers, appear to be coming into the Football League with success of their own.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    If he wants to focus on club Management it might not be a bad route.

A lot of the successful junior England Managers, appear to be coming into the Football League with success of their own.
    Yeah in the article he does actually mention following people like Cooper, Kevin Betsy and Rob Edwards who worked in the England youth ranks and have since got managerial positions. 
  • Options
    Left Bristol city along with Pearson. It may already have been mentioned but couldn’t see.

https://x.com/jasoneuell/status/1719009755094483396?s=46&t=HOC8HBC2lCmD1dVHDunaSA
  • Options
    If it goes tits up with Appleton I wonder if Euell would be reached out to, or if we'll stick with experienced managers 
  • Options
    Confusing why he was let go when the assistant manager Curtis Fleming has been kept on as caretaker.
  • Options
    Confusing why he was let go when the assistant manager Curtis Fleming has been kept on as caretaker.
    Loyalty to Pearson judging by his farewell message