Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Euell departs (now First-Team Coach @ Bristol City)

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry to see Jason go, great player and great person. A real part of the CAFC furniture in the last generation.

However I am pleased as it means we aren't forcing part of an existing staff on a new man which has I feel often undermined us in our incessant managerial changes. The new man needs to work with people he trusts and is comfortable with or we are making his job harder than it needs to be from the start.

All the best Jase.
  • Options
    Been one of the people wanting a clean sweep and even though I'm glad it's happened - meaning it's Garner and his team of choice - it's still pretty weird seeing Euell go!

Well thought of in the coaching world I believe so he'll definitely do all right somewhere and soon.

Cheers Jason all the best!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    Ps.Was it by mutual agreement? Or has he been sacked or did he ask to leave?
    @Henry Irving seem to refer to Jason being sacked in his post.
    So IF JE was sacked why wouldn't sandgaard pay the compensation for the two Swindon guys that garner reportedly wanted to bring in ?
    It could be that Lindsay didn't want to come, he got the top job at Swindon anyway, so maybe Marshall was always coming once that was sorted and had nothing to do with paying compensation. 

Or Marshall isn't coming for other reasons. 
    Well the word from the Swindon end was that they were chasing the Orient manager & we were in compensation negotiations for the 2 coaches. I'm sure that at that point they were both keen to come or we wouldn't have been talking compensation. Obviously at that point things changed.
  • Options
    Jason will be a success in life ..hes a smashing bloke with a great future...thankyou for what you have done for Cafc JE
  • Options
    very sorry sorry to see him go. Was hoping he’d stay to give us some continuity.
  • Options
    Awwwww man,thought he may have stayed in some capacity in club,hope he left rather than pushed out tho…,either way that’s gutting…good luck Jason “Gold” Euell 
  • Options
    Good luck Jason, and thank you. 

Proper Charlton.
  • Options
    I love Jason Euell ever since he signed from Wimbledon. Still our record signing I think.  He ranks up there as one of the great servants to the club too and great work at the Academy. I knew this day was coming but it always hurts when it does. I won’t forget his goal at Highbury. All the best in the next chapter Jase and always welcome back at The Valley! Jason Euell, Jason Euell! 
  • Options
    I was in the “clean sweep” club so sadly that meant JE as well. However this will not take away the fact he has been a great servant to the club both as a player and a coach.

I hope he finds himself a club soon and hits the ground running when the new season starts.

Good luck Jason and thank you 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m not against the is new broom, full clearout approach. Time will tell if it’s a success, but I’m fine with trying. 

Nonetheless, it’s a pity someone like Euelly has to be a casualty of that. He’s a good a guy and real Charlton man. Wish him all the very best. 
  • Options
    Euell has been in an odd situation for several years really, other than  a brief spell, only getting involved with the 1st team when Adkins took over. Why didn't this happen under Robinson or Bowyer, was he happy as U21 manager or just overlooked?

Indeed why was it Jackson who was always the next manager in waiting and not him? 
  • Options
    Lots of ‘institutional knowledge’ now gone. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen anything to inspire confidence in the appointed replacements. Someone hold me, I’m scared.
  • Options
    All the very best to him, no doubt got something else lined up, possibly aspirations of a 1st team assistant manager, who knows, but best of luck to him, great for us in Curbs glory years. 
  • Options
    I was very sad to hear that he was leaving yesterday.

I've been becoming more and more convinced that he'll be a real success in his coaching/managerial career, and I fear that we will, in the end, be asking how this decision came about.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Does feel sad that he never got the chance to be our manager. Had done well coaching the U23s for years but Bowyer and Jackson both managed to jump in the queue ahead of him despite less coaching experience. Hope he can go into management, do well and then return in the future 
    Hopefully he'll now get the chance to cut his teeth as a Head Coach/Manager, we know he's applied for managers jobs before now.
    A few years' experience and success and he'll be in line to take Charlton from the 2nd to top division.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Well i would say thanks to Jason Euell,  if only for the good academy teams and players he coached. one of my all time favourites. Charlton players.
    But what?
  • Options
    Good luck for the future Jason and thanks for all your efforts as player, coach and assistant manager or managing assistant.
  • Options
    I was very sad to hear that he was leaving yesterday.

I've been becoming more and more convinced that he'll be a real success in his coaching/managerial career, and I fear that we will, in the end, be asking how this decision came about.
    I’m not so sure. Garner has come in and wants his own people on board. We’ve had this ‘new manager inherits staff from previous management teams before’ clearing the decks is the best bet. Just need the GK coach to go now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It might be that in the long run this turns out to be a good thing for Jason. The amount of time he's been here and the number of times he could (arguably even SHOULD) have been given the top job but for whatever reason its not happened.

Now he's in a moment where he's got to decide whether he's going to be assistant again and start over at another club or is this his moment to really step up and show what he can do?

I sincerely hope that he does succeed somewhere else and that we do end up seeing him come back later as a proven and experienced manager.
  • Options
    If we were perpetually challenging for promotion, then continuity would be a good thing - but we’re not.  You can’t move forward if you keep hanging on to people from prior regimes. At some point you need a clean break, and given how last season p,ayes out, this would be the right time to do it, as the squad also needs rebuilding. 

Good luck to Jason, and I hope he succeeds, but at this point we desperately need a clean break at the first team level.  
  • Options
    Great move for him - should learn a lot from Pearson and Fleming.
  • Options
    Good move for him. Did he leave of his own accord, rather than being let go?
  • Options
    Bristol City, interesting. First team coach, does that mean he's the right hand man or do they have a Manager and Assistant setup?
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Great move him another oversight from Saandgaard
    Would you have said that if TS had forced Euell on Garner rather than bringing in Marshall?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Bristol City, interesting. First team coach, does that mean he's the right hand man or do they have a Manager and Assistant setup?
    According to Wiki they've already got the following setup