Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Euell departs (now First-Team Coach @ Bristol City)

Comments

• Options
    Still our record signing, and will be for some time. In over 20 years he has never let the club down.

Jason - IMO your service to the club needed further recognition. You're a true gent and should be spoke of in the same stature as Powell and Jackson. Best of luck for the future 
  • Options
    All the best Jason, an integral part of our club for so long. 

Had a great chat with him at an end of season do and he was so approachable.  
  • Options
    Everyone who's worked with him has said he's a top coach and a really nice bloke.

Not a great surprise as it's clear TS wants a clean sweep in certain areas, time will tell if it was the right move or not much like any change of personnel.

I very much wish him all the best and I'm sure he won't be out of work for long (if indeed he is now, he may already have something lined up). I'd like to see him manage somewhere, but maybe he'll choose to stay coaching rather than the hassles of management! At mid 40's he may feel management has already passed him by.
  • Options
    Recollections of the player "couldn't trap a bag of cement", springs to mind but is unkind.

Great servant to our club.  He will go on to coach in the lower leagues hopefully.
    and scored 10 or more goals from midfield in the prem for 3 consecutive seasons that is all. not counting many assists.
  • Options
    Feel a bit sad for Jason but I also feel it’s for the best. The very best of luck Jason and thank you for your services to the club. 
  • Options
    Still our record signing, and will be for some time. In over 20 years he has never let the club down.

Jason - IMO your service to the club needed further recognition. You're a true gent and should be spoke of in the same stature as Powell and Jackson. Best of luck for the future 
    I think Darren Bent is technically our record signing these days after the sell-ons we had to pay Ipswich. 
  • Options

I think Darren Bent is technically our record signing these days after the sell-ons we had to pay Ipswich. 
    He became our record signing the day he became our record sale. 
  • Options
    Wishing Jason all the very best - a real part of our history. I hope he finds a fulfilling new role asap.
  • Options
    A great servant to Charlton - the next time we break the club's transfer record it will be for someone with a lot to live up to.  

Best of luck in what I am sure will be a very successful future. 
  • Options
    Welcome Scott?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Euelly. Like most people said it was expected but hoping he can get his own manager role soon! Or even a coaching role at a prem club!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    In all the years of reading Charlton Life this was the first time I let our an audioble sad "aaahhh" when I saw the headline.  Really like Jason and he is a club legend to me after his key playing role in our most successful recent times and then spent so many years bringing through players.  Gutted to see him go.  Good luck in the future to JE, I am certain he will continue to be a success.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Ps.Was it by mutual agreement? Or has he been sacked or did he ask to leave?
    @Henry Irving seem to refer to Jason being sacked in his post.
  • Options
    Sorry to see you go Jason, you stayed loyal through thick and thin these last few years and became part of the woodwork.
    Good servant to the Addicks and respected by one and all.
    Time to move on mate and best of luck with your next venture.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Right decision, fresh start for all is exactly what is needed.
    Best of luck Jason, hopefully you will get that manager role you've been chasing 
  • Options
    Good luck Jason, sorry to see you go ...  as the owner said after sacking him.

“Jason is a Charlton legend and I would like to thank him for everything he has done for the club. He was an incredible player and since joining the club’s coaching staff in 2013 has given his all to help move the club forwards. 

“In his coaching role in the club’s academy he was important in supporting the development of our academy players. During my time at the club he helped us in our strong finish to the 2020/21 season and then played a role in the club’s form stablising after our challenging start to the 2021/22 campaign. Everyone at the club would like to wish him the very best for the future.”

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Welcome Scott?
    One greedy bast ........ Oh not that one  :D
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I missed that.

I really hope it was done in a sensitive way because as Henry says all managers may want their own staff but that then can be cruel for those who are now surplus to requirements.
  • Options
    Good guy and a faithful servant to the club. Best wishes and thanks Jason. But I think the best thing for both parties at this point in time. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I checked out Henry's post and noted he is fast approaching 100,000 likes.  

On achieving this I assume he'll be summoned to the CL Towers for a sausage roll, vol-au-vent and beer celebration?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:

On achieving this I assume he'll be summoned to the CL Towers for a sausage roll, vol-au-vent and beer celebration?
    He’s likes to promote ratio is an absolute travesty though, probably using alt accounts to boost his score, so wouldn’t be so sure. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    So IF JE was sacked why wouldn't sandgaard pay the compensation for the two Swindon guys that garner reportedly wanted to bring in ?
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Either that or (as they did with his promotes) simply take them away for bants
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    So IF JE was sacked why wouldn't sandgaard pay the compensation for the two Swindon guys that garner reportedly wanted to bring in ?
    It could be that Lindsay didn't want to come, he got the top job at Swindon anyway, so maybe Marshall was always coming once that was sorted and had nothing to do with paying compensation. 

Or Marshall isn't coming for other reasons. 
  • Options
    Lovely montage. He's been part of the furniture for a very long time, and is rightly thought of as a  club legend. Good luck Jason, I wish him the very best in his new ventures. 
  • Options
    Good luck Jason, you are a true Charlton legend
  • Options
    Thanks for all your efforts and the wonderful memories I have of you as a player good luck in the future 
  • Options
    All been said already, but best of luck Jason. You were an integral part of our best period in our more recent past and have fully earned our appreciation and respect taking that into your coaching/management career.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Valley with you new club whoever that might be. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Euell seems a good guy and I hope he’s got something lined up but I see this as good news and hopefully indicates garner is getting his men in - I r no idea how good or bad a coach euell is but whatever we’ve been doing down there the last few years hasn’t been working so more change the better in my opinion - and tbf, I think the word legend gets banded about a bit too much - jacko was probably warranted as a charlton legend, euell a good player, record signing and was part of a successful side but charlton legend ????