Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Euell departs (now First-Team Coach @ Bristol City)

Comments

• Best of luck Jason. Will he go to Wimbledon with Jacko or is it time for him to find his own manager’s role?
  • Sorry to see this, though not surprised. I was hoping he would find a place in the new set up. I guess this means a new Assistant Manager and first team coach are incoming.
  • edited June 2022
    Jason Euell may want to be a manager or head coach where he gets to pick the team and decide the formation. Will probably have to go the National League but he has so many contacts that he will be in work very soon. Wimbledon is also a club near to his heart but would he want to be a number 2 for the rest of his coaching career ? I don't think so. 

Good luck to Jason Euell who was at Cafc as a player when we reached our highest position unless you are over 90 !

I will be amazed if Ben Garner's right hand man isn't ready for the trip to Spain ? 
  • I dont think he will go to Wimbledon. They will have a small budget, can they afford him?

he applied for the managers job and was turned down twice, would he settle for a coaching role?

I reckon he will join the England youth set up full time or give management a try
  • Good luck Euelly
  • Very sorry to see Jason go, but I hope it leads to even better things for him. 
    Whoever offers him his next job will have a good'un.
  • No surprise really. Nice bloke but has been here during some of the dross we've seen recently.

New manager, new broom.

All the best.
  • Not thanked TS there has he! 
  • Think TS has done the right thing with a clean sweep. Last year was total dross and no real reason to keep anyone on. Euelly was central to some of the best years watching the club - his goals against Chelsea at home, and away at Arsenal stand out. Wish him the best of luck for the future.
  • Good for Jason. He'll make a good manager in the near future and it's probably about time he moved onto something new. I do think it's good for us to have a clean sweep of the coaching staff, not as a reflection on Jason but just because we need to start fresh and have the players fully getting in to something new. I hope he pitches up somewhere really good soon
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry to see you go Jason, very best wishes for the future
  • Recollections of the player "couldn't trap a bag of cement", springs to mind but is unkind.

Great servant to our club.  He will go on to coach in the lower leagues hopefully.
  • This one to me almost feels like a loss of a family member. I am really hopeful that Jason was on board with this and already has a job lined up. I’ve a feeling he’s going to go on to be a successful manager in his own right. New era now for sure. 
  • What a legend. One of my absolute favourite players growing up. I even used to do the tuck the front half of the shirt in, let the back half hang out, to emulate him. And clearly a well-respected man around the game and obviously at the club.

It's no surprise, and in a way it's a shame, but it's the right decision. I can only wish him all the very best and hope our paths cross again in the future!
  • One of my favourite players back in the Prem days. What a classy message as well, sad that he is going but thank you Jason for all you have done for our club, we won't forget and you'll always be more than welcome back. 
  • Sad to see him go, but probably the right decision for both parties

Disappointed though that he didn't mention the highlight of his Charlton career, which was sitting in front of me on the train up to Morecambe.
  • I've always thought he was a classy individual and his leaving message proves the point. Hope he goes on to even greater heights in his coaching/managerial career!
  • Time will tell if it is right or wrong. Same with Jacko. I am willing to go into the months ahead with an open mind but don't know and nor do any of you know whether it is right or not.
  • Bowyer doesn't get a mention .. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Bowyer doesn't get a mention .. 
    Was he involved in the first team under Bowyer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks and good luck 
  • Time will tell if it is right or wrong. Same with Jacko. I am willing to go into the months ahead with an open mind but don't know and nor do any of you know whether it is right or not.

It feels the right time for Jason to push on with his career. He reached a high standard as a player and it feels the time is right for him to get on the first rung of the Managers level where ever that may be. 
  • Stunned, actually.

But on reflection and as others have said, time for a new broom and as clean a sweep as can be under the circumstances.

Always liked him as a player and as a man.

Good luck Jason, brought a little tear to my eye.
  • I sincerely hope he is taking on a managerial role of his own, possibly in the FA setup, as I think he has the pedigree and respect of younger players to become a great under 23's manager for England, and who knows maybe even a future England manager. 
  • edited June 2022
    All the best to JE.
    But if you’re starting from scratch and implementing a new blueprint then it’s the right move.
    Hopefully Garner has now identified his backroom team and we hear something soon. 
  • Ps.Was it by mutual agreement? Or has he been sacked or did he ask to leave?
  • With the CV that he's got, if he wants, he won't be long out of work.

Good luck Jason and thanks for all those wonderful memories.
  • Part of the golden years team. Wish him all the best

• Sad to see him go, and will be intrigued to see what he does next. Seems to be a good coach judging by his work with the U23s. All the best Euelly.